As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phallakinetic - The New Renegade - IT'S ALL OVER! Hollow Village Victory!

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So who converted you, Houn or Gumpy? Or are you not allowed to say?

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Houn, THEN Gumpy, I'd presume.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Rend wrote: »
    Rainfall wrote: »
    My only regret is that I got converted. I was so tempted to toss my murder powers on Gumpy that final night.

But I wasn't evil. Even after converted, my only goal was to survive. Which I did.

We can amend it to be: Rainfall: Active? Special (probably evil)

Ahem.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    My only regret is that I got converted. I was so tempted to toss my murder powers on Gumpy that final night.

But I wasn't evil. Even after converted, my only goal was to survive. Which I did.

Ahem.

She was a seer. Was she active?

Rend on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Gumpy converted me. Houn was good all along, just like he said. I was a neutral until the final day.

The only reason I didn't kill Gumpy way earlier was because he was quite willing to work with the New Renegade. I really didn't want the village to turn on me, since the vote was pretty much the only way I could be killed.

I did, however, have some VERY BAD FEELINGS about him as soon as he started running the network. I just didn't feel that he'd kill me.

The New Renegade was absurdly powerful, though. 150% damage shield, 175% life bar, and a 200% attack, as well as a 50% seer chance. I was only really worried about the vote, and the rest of the threats managed to take care of themselves.

What I'm curious about, Gumpy, is why you aimed to get as many win conditions filled as possible? Just efficiency?

Also, seriously. Fuck you fucking fuckers who think that me being active means I'm evil or a fucking special. Sometimes I'm busy, sometimes the phalla bores me to tears, such as when there's no chance of getting into a network and the thread is just sheeping. But it has nothing to do with my fucking role, and it's just getting to be a stupid over-fucking-tired 'joke', similar to the 'rainfall's always evil' bullshit that got me fucking bandwagoned way too many times back when I started fucking playing.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Perhaps, like me, he was trying to be benevolent.

Rend on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    What I'm curious about, Gumpy, is why you aimed to get as many win conditions filled as possible? Just efficiency?

My guess is yes on the efficiency thing. Much quicker to let others leave the game on their own, rather than killing them individually.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It's never a good idea to kill someone instead of let them leave on their own, unless they must kill you or you must specifically kill them.

Rend on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dac Vin wrote: »

Ahem.

She was a seer. Was she active?

Oh, barely. I remember her not sending orders twice during the game (It's one reason she got nearly bandwagoned later on.)

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh son of a bitch. I was going to seer Rainfall on day 1, and then switched to kime due to the reveal storm, but I died the first night.

Was that you Rend that killed me? REND!!!!

Savant on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Savant wrote: »
    Oh son of a bitch. I was going to seer Rainfall on day 1, and then switched to kime due to the reveal storm, but I died the first night.

Was that you Rend that killed me? REND!!!!

No! That must have been nocturne. I killed spork, Sos, and Burnage.

Rend on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Btw, Ed, I can tell you are a hell of a writer, so I can't wait to see the implications of actually destroying a moon (both in fallout and gravitational forces) will do to this world. :D

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I killed ThatDaveFellow, then helped take down dunedainjedi.

Not my finest hour.

Role PM:
    …a Soldier

You are a member of the Arcadian military, trained to a standard that would not be expected of such a small star system. Obviously your government knew something like this would happen again.

Faction: Arcadian
    Sub-faction: Military
    Attack: 20%

Abilities
    Sniper Rifle: The longer you take to target an enemy, the greater your attack potency. For every night you spend without selecting a target, your attack will increase by 30%. Once you make an attack, your power is reset to 20%.

Victory Conditions

Your duty is to find and kill (or vote-kill) the New Renegade, or to kill all members of the Chaotic faction.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I was...
    …the Rogue Mech

Usually, field operatives working for the Domarian Legion’s elite Enforcer division work in pairs. Traditionally this means sending in a human agent with an Enforcer Mech- such teams work together for years and prove very effective. A diplomat, and the ultimate in backup if things get nasty.

Which is why you were sent here. But someone killed your agent.

You have blocked all transmissions from Command and you have, for all intents and purposes, gone rogue. You are going to find the person responsible for killing your partner, and you are going to punish them in ways that only an ancient ten-foot-tall armour plated tank-with-feet can.

Faction: Chaotic
    Sub-faction: Transcendent
    Life: 200%

Abilities
    Every night you may use one of the following abilities:

Armoured Mech: I told you that you’re a walking tank. If the attacks directed towards you have a total potency of 40% or less, they’re not even calculated- you just shrug them off. In addition, you have complete immunity to all psychic abilities and effects- but if someone tries to mindscan you, they will instantly be made aware of the fact that you're a machine. This is a passive ability, used automatically.

Identify: You select a target, and you walk over to them and scan them thoroughly. This is a 200%-potency seering ability, with the unavoidable side effect that using it also reveals your faction and role to the target- smashing down walls and shouting at people tends to do that. In a further complication, knowing a player’s role and faction is not enough to determine their guilt. But if you use Identify on a player for a second time, it will confirm their guilt- or lack of it.

Eliminate: You select a target and tear them limb from limb. This is a 200%-potency physical attack.

Victory Conditions

First you must find someone with knowledge of your partner’s killer. Your files indicate that either the Detective, the Elder, or the Hacker would meet this requirement. Your alternative is to use Identify on a player twice, but that would take more time than you have considering the amount of suspects.

The Detective or the Elder can PM the Supercomputer and request to use their abilities to locate your partner’s murderer. The answer would then be PM’d back to both parties.

Your objective is to identify and kill the murderer. Hypothetically, if you kill the player responsible before confirming their guilt, you will not meet your win condition until the Detective or Elder discovers the truth. If someone else kills the murderer, you fail to meet your win condition.

Meeting your Victory Condition will remove you from the game.

A Note on Mission Failure!

You know that there will be other Domarians on the planet, and at heart you're still a Domarian operative and you have no intention of sacrificing colonial lives. If three Civilians and/or Domarians die by your hand, you immediately self-terminate in shame.

Rend on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I keep a clean inbox so I don't have mine.

But I was the guard wasn't I?

Not a guard.

Seriously on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So I was right about who the New Renegade was :) Thats nice..

well the second time around I was right..

I thought it was Exarch before he died.

Egos on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The best part was when I killed Zandracon to death with Mind Bullets.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Disciples Role PM:
    …Disciples of the Forsaken Believer

You are a cult set up by the sole surviving Disciple of the Renegade in the wake of the chaos 15 years previously.

You maintain the view that psychics are the evolutionary pinnacle of mankind and that lesser mortals exist to serve them, but you think the Renegade is an utter bastard.

Your deadly enemies are the Followers of the Renegade’s Path, who still worship that crazed transmuter.

Sub-faction: Psychic

Abilities

Obbi is the Fanatic Disciple: Attack 60%, and while you live, all other Disciples take -15% less damage from attacks.

TehSloth is the Sensate Disciple: Attack 40% (psychic), and a 75%-potent mindscan.

Orange Soda is the Defensive Disciple: You can guard a target from harm each night, reducing the attacks directed towards them by 100%.

iamtheaznman is the Forsaken Disciple: Each even-numbered night (2, 4 etc) you may double the potency of all the attacks and abilities that your fellow Disciples choose to use.

Victory Conditions

Kill all the Followers or kill the five Agents of SPECTRUM.

Yes, SPECTRUM and the Followers are Chaotic too. But they’re not your kind of Chaotic.

Proboards: http://timefallacy.proboards.com/index.cgi

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ...the New Renegade

But you don't want to be. It's an accident- all of it. Yes, you're one of the most destructive telekinetics to have ever lived, but that's simply because you can't control your power. It's all a tragic misunderstanding.

You have no intention of following in the Original Renegade's footsteps, or of inciting more genocide, or of overthrowing the government. You just want to be left alone.

Faction: Outsider
    Attack: 200%
    Life: 175%

Abilities:
    Infinite Mind: Seer attempts are half as effective when used on you. If unsuccessful, the seer will be informed that you're an Arcadian, a Multitasking Telepath (a role that doesn't really exist) instead of being made aware that they failed.

Fledgling God: Every night, the total attacks directed towards you are reduced by 150%. This makes you nearly impossible to kill, except by a massed attack, an attack from another Transcendent, or the unblockable might of the vote.

Uncontrollable: You must attack someone every night. If you don't, your unreleased power will discharge and hit two randomly determined players with 100%-potency attacks.

Victory Condition

Survive! Everyone's out to get you.

You also have a vague understanding of the idea that there are people out there that can help you control your power, and stop you having to claim lives every night: either the Elder, the Doctor, or the Healer Empath. If any of them were to send the Supercomputer a PM announcing their intent to try and cure you, then the following night... your Uncontrollable ability would be stricken from your roster.

Unfortunately, they would have to announce their intent to cure the New Renegade, so they would have to know of your identity...

Rainfall on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    AERA were the super masons, and I think we were village aligned. Here was our role PM:
    ...the Arcadian Emergency Response Agency

AERA is a top-secret government initiative that was specifically founded in order to tackle threats such as the Renegade.

Apparently the Arcadian government felt it would happen again, and thus set aside a great deal of capital to ensure that you had the best equipment known to humanity.

Sub-faction: Military
    Life: You each have a Life of 50%.

Abilities
    This is a shared ability roster. Every night, each of you may choose to target a player with one of the following abilities (yes, you may all choose to use the same ability if you wish):

Concussion Ray: The target’s attacks and abilities are all reduced in effectiveness- you subtract 100% from their success rates. You may not use the Ray on the same player on consecutive nights.

Repeater Cannon: A standard 30%-strength physical attack.

Psi Scan: You seer the target at a 60% success rate. If they are members of the Psychic or Transcendent sub-factions, this success rate is doubled.

Victory Conditions

Kill all Chaotics

OR

Identify the New Renegade by using Psi Scan on their person. Doing so will unlock a new objective.

Of course with an awesome role like this I have to get knocked off day 1.

Savant on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I think we'll look like complete idiots, especially since we tested out a kill on WhiteZinfandel to test color theory.

But anyway here is the Outsider Strike Force Board :

http://strikeforcex.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=9

and Ed, really no Giant Robots?

and Rend doesn't count

Egos on
  • Options
    ShadowThomasShadowThomas Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    warban wrote: »
    Dam self sacrifice guard ablitiys. Wasn't supprised I died.

Yeah that was annoying. Even more so since I died protecting a chaotic :x

Role:
    …a Cop

You're just a beat cop- but you're going to do your duty. It's not like this kind of shit is new to the Arcadian Police Department.

You don't have fancy mind powers or high-tech equipment, but you're more hardboiled than an egg farm dropped into the sun.

Sub-faction: Civilian
    Attack: 10%

Abilities
    Obstruct: You select a target, and for that night you will recieve all the attacks and abilities meant for them. This will not impact psychic abilities.

Victory Conditions

Your duty is to kill (or vote-kill) the New Renegade, or to kill all members of the Chaotic faction.

ShadowThomas on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Nocturne was a Giant Robot.

Nocturne and I were the Domarians. I was the Enforcement Officer, and he was my Mech.

I had a 30% attack and 150 health, and every night choose to do a 100% seer + roleblock, or a 100 damage shield against every attack directed against a target.

Nocturne had a 125% attack and 200 health, and as long as he lived, I would only take half damage.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Plutonium wrote: »
    Nocturne was a Giant Robot. He killed Savant and kept me alive a long time.

I was hoping for some Spectrum 5 action or ala the Domarians - where they suddenly are revived and a Giant Death Machine enters. Or something

Egos on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Who kept targeting Nocturne with fatal attacks?

On night one he took 120 damage, he then took a lethal psychic attack, which didn't work because he was a robot, and he maybe took a bunch more damage that was guarded by me.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

On night one he took 120 damage, he then took a lethal psychic attack, which didn't work because he was a robot, and he maybe took a bunch more damage that was guarded by me.

*whistles*

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Our group attacked Nocturne on Night 1 with 20% attacks... also...

o_O

There must have been something about Nocturne

But Aja said his attack failed, I didn't get a pm informing me that mine did.

Egos on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man I had a blast this phalla. Also cool that I got to be a Domarian again :D Originally I was thinking that instead of gunning for the High Council, it would be in everyone's best interest for us to hunt Chaotics. Then the High Council started dropping like flies, so you know, path of least resistance. I also did a hell of a lot of PM networking.

Sorry about killing you Savant. It was a Day 1 guess, nothing more.
    …the Domarians

The two of you have been dispatched to oversee the Legion’s attempt to route out this New Renegade. You all know that if this new threat is not found, the Legion will be left with no choice but to scour the whole star system clean. Again.

Command lost contact with the first Enforcer pair sent here, and they are assuming the worst. Be careful. The High Council are here already, but you are authorised to dispatch them should they prove… irritating.

Plutonium is the Enforcer Officer:

Sub-faction: Domarian
    Attack: 30%
    Life: 150%

Abilities:
    Every night you may choose one of the following:

True Guard: Subtract 100% from the effectiveness of all attacks and negative abilities on a target.

Custody: 100%-potency ability that roleblocks and seers the target. The target will be informed that they were manhandled by a Domarian.

Nocturne is the Enforcer Mech:

Attack: 150%
    Life: 200%

Abilities:

Loyal Guardian: While you live, the Enforcer Officer takes half damage from all attacks. This is a passive ability, used automatically.

Victory Conditions

Kill all members of the Chaotic faction.

OR

Outlive the High Council faction.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I was the True Follower of the Renegade. I had a 50% attack or I could brainwash an Arcadian. My only hope of winning was killing the Disciples, but AJA screwed me in that regard, by letting the Disciples win through the SPECTRUM victory.

All in all, I had no chance of winning.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Egos wrote: »

Our group attacked Nocturne on Night 1 with 20% attacks... also...

o_O

There must have been something about Nocturne

But Aja said his attack failed, I didn't get a pm informing me that mine did.

Your attack didn't fail, I just survived it.

But yeah, Plutonium and I were a very powerful masoned pair with our combined abilities, so initially I was like "Yes!"

Then night one I drop from 200% health to 80% health, and Plutonium gets seered and revealed publicly in the thread, so I wasn't sure if we were going to make it very much longer.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Can someone post the High council's role PM's? I want to see what we were up against.

And yeah, I had like 300 life. So insane.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    SkyCaptain wrote: »
    I was the True Follower of the Renegade. I had a 50% attack or I could brainwash an Arcadian. My only hope of winning was killing the Disciples, but AJA screwed me in that regard, by letting the Disciples win through the SPECTRUM victory.

All in all, I had no chance of winning.

If its any consolation I felt a little bad for you.

I deleted the initial pm. But our group only had 1 win condition- and that was to kill Spectrum.

Ed who hired us?

Also was I changed from a backstabber to sniper (in the narrative) mid-way or was the sniper someone else?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I think the Sniper might have been me, but I'm not sure. I think that death was caused by a deflection of an attack by me and Nocturne at Burnage, on to a High Council member.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I think the Sniper might have been me, but I'm not sure. I think that death was caused by a deflection of an attack by me and Nocturne at Burnage, on to a High Council member.

So we both targeted That Dave Fella on Night 4?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Egos wrote: »

So we both targeted That Dave Fella on Night 4?

No, but I targeted Burnage, whose ability was to redirect attacks at him towards the other high council members, of which Dave was one.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The sniper was an Arcadian soldier (Darian?) with an attack ability that charged up when not in use.

As for the Task Force's employer... that's deliberately ambivalent :P

SkyCaptain had one of the hardest roles to play and he was very unlucky in his selection of conversion targets. Conversely, if you hadn't changed your command on one particular night you'd have ended up converting Houn!

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ed, were Nocturne or I attacked on night four? The stuff in the narration about him being heavily damaged wasn't just the night one damage, was it?

Plutonium on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    To : Burnage, Dunadan019, OptimusZed, SimpsonsParadox, That Dave Fella
    Date : 2009-09-14 21:02
    Title : You are...
    ...members of the High Council

You are representatives of Alpha Sector's premier... uh... psychic representatives. You're here to eliminate all the threats, so you can get down to the business of capturing and studying this New Renegade.

It's for the good of the galaxy. And it might be lucrative too.

Faction: High Council
    Sub-faction: Psychic

Abilities

That Dave, SimpsonsParadox and OptimusZed are Initiates: Each of you has three abilities: a 20% psychic attack, a 50% physical guard, or a 50% psychic guard, and you can each choose one to be used each night.

Dunadan019 is the Operative: You have a 30% attack, that deals double damage versus non-psychics, or you can choose to double the ability or attack of one of the Initiates. In addition, non-psychic attacks and abilities are half as effective when used on your person.

Burnage is the Councillor: You have a 75% mindscan (psychic seer) ability.

Victory Conditions

Kill all members of the Chaotic and Domarian factions.

================================================================================
    To : Burnage
    Date : 2009-09-14 21:04
    Title : In truth, you are...
    ...the Psychevore

You are a Councillor. But you're also a monstrous, thought-consuming freak of nature, seen as strange and eldritch even by other psychics.

You were once content to sit with the heads of the High Council, leeching off the energies of those pampered brains... but now you want to be at the heart of the action. If the New Renegade was to die with your assistance, you would absorb their powers. You'd be a Demigod.

Your real stats:

Attack: 30% (Psychic damage)
    Life: 150%

In addition to your daily 75%-seer (yes, that part was actually true), you have the following additional Abilities:

Pawn Sacrifice: Any attacks sent your way will first pick off your poor dumb High Council allies... starting with the Initiates. The vote, however, will still kill you dead.

Mindeater: If you are targeted with a psychic ability, you learn it. If you start to take damage from a psychic attack (once your pawns are all dead), the damage is halved and your attack increases by 10% per hit.

Victory Conditions

Attack or be attacked by the New Renegade on the night that they are killed... and become the Demigod.

If the New Renegade dies by anybody else's hand, you... and perhaps others... would have to share their energies. And god alone knows what would happen then.

================================================================================
    To : Burnage
    Date : 2009-09-14 21:12
    Title : A further, very important note...
    You've killed already- specifically, you gutted some luckless Domarian Enforcer and left him to die in an alleyway.

Letting people know about this, however, probably would not be wise.

Honestly, I was probably fucked from the moment when Rend was given the objective to hunt me down and kill me.

Burnage on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ed, were Nocturne or I attacked on night four? The stuff in the narration about him being heavily damaged wasn't just the night one damage, was it?

I'll have to investigate, but I think I was just rolling with the damage he took in that one attack.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    When I was revealed night one as a Domarian, why didn't you guys in the High Council try to mercilessly slaughter me? Or did you, and it just didn't work out?

Plutonium on