As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Modifier keys appearing on screen in Vista.

Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Alright, this has been driving me nuts for awhile. For some reason, Vista will show what modifier keys I have pressed some of the time. Here is one example:

e0ig04.jpg

When I restart Vista, it's gone. I dont know what triggers it. I cant move it or hide it when it appears. I cant control where it appears either. This time, it's at the top of the screen. At other times, it might be in the lower right, or right in the middle. What the hell is causing it and how can I get rid of it short of rebooting each time it happens?

Synthetic Orange on

• Options
    ProPatriaMoriProPatriaMori Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I don't know the answer for sure, and this thread is the first thing that shows up when I Google, but here are places I'd look first:

Control panel > keyboard settings
    Control panel > accessibility options

or whatever analogues there are for said in Vista.

ProPatriaMori on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Do you use a graphics tablet? I think that's when they started showing up for me.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I use a tablet, but no options in there or the ones suggested before have any options.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, I haven't been able to figure it out either. I've looked all over.

Delzhand on