As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ind(ie)PAX] Success!! photos inside

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    no one cares

we're just gonna lock you in the closet anyway

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    They did that to me once.

It hurt inside.

edit: of me, not the closet.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    OmegaTofuNinjaOmegaTofuNinja Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Artreus wrote: »
    They did that to me once.

It hurt inside.

edit: of me, not the closet.

that was so awesome

OmegaTofuNinja on
    Facebook Wii: 7912 0299 8667 6601 I tweet sometimes Poetry?!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    tofu that signature is so boss where'd you get it

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I dunno man some fagmo artfag made it for me

OmegaTofuNinja on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man, I hope you are being sarcastic

Then I obviously haven't explored Chauncey Hill well enough. And neither have my friends.

Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend.

Also, how you know, Krunk?

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Then I obviously haven't explored Chauncey Hill well enough. And neither have my friends.

Well, I was in West Lafayette for three years.

There's a good turkish place down on the Wabash Landing, as well as a Mexican place. They are in the building on the SE corner. XXX is pretty good too.

Nine Irish Brothers is OK.

The Lafayette Brewing Company in downtown Lafayette is a national treasure.

South Street Smoke House is the best BBQ you'll find in Indiana.

There was an awesome Thai place across from the Tippecanoe Mall. Not sure if it's still there.

If you have a car, I would take a few friends and go to the South Street Smoke House. I don't like BBQ, and I still think that place is awesome.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I love me some barbeque

OmegaTofuNinja on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    guys let's go to a barbeque place

OmegaTofuNinja on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Also, if you find yourself in Indianapolis, go to Yats. It is the shiiiiiiiiiit. Cajun food. Delicious.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Smokin' Jack's Rib Shack? Git us a mess a wings?

Fugitive on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Fugitive wrote: »

is that place even good I've never been there

OmegaTofuNinja on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

There's a good turkish place down on the Wabash Landing, as well as a Mexican place. They are in the building on the SE corner. XXX is pretty good too.

There was an awesome Thai place across from the Tippecanoe Mall. Not sure if it's still there.

If you have a car, I would take a few friends and go to the South Street Smoke House. I don't like BBQ, and I still think that place is awesome.

Well, I totally forgot about XXX. The Thai place is still there. Don't know any of those other places.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

According to their website they are the best barbecue shack in the midwest.

But yes I know people who have been there they say it is good

Plus I have not had anything barbecue in some time

Fugitive on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    How about we go to that awesome all you can eat Korean grill.

Oh wait that was in Toronto.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Well, I totally forgot about XXX. The Thai place is still there. Don't know any of those other places.

Check the other places out. You will not regret it.

Are you 21?

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009

According to their website they are the best barbecue shack in the midwest.

But yes I know people who have been there they say it is good

Plus I have not had anything barbecue in some time

fuckin' let's get some barbeque

OmegaTofuNinja on
  • Options
    T. J. Nutty Nub T. J. Nutty Nub Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm 18

T. J. Nutty Nub on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Check the other places out. You will not regret it.

Are you 21?

Nope. I'm a freshman.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Also, if you find yourself in Indianapolis, go to Yats. It is the shiiiiiiiiiit. Cajun food. Delicious.

There's a Yat's in Bloomington, just a block and a half south of Kirkwood on 4th street.

I guess it's called "Dat's" now. Back in the day (2006) they had great food, good sized portions, and all for $5. http://www.yelp.com/biz/dats-bloomington

Check it out, Bloomington has almost every kind of ethic food you could want.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    speaking of delicious local places I went down to Bazbauex Pizza in downtown Indy yesterday

holy shit that place is fucking fantastic

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Surely Momma Bear's is still the best pizza on the fucking planet?

John Matrix on
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh hey, Indiana. I lived there once.

From 1983 to 2008.

There are definitely some great places to eat if you avoid the clusters of chain restaurants in the suburbs. Big fan of Bazbeaux's. Yat's was pretty amazing too the one time I got to try it.

Also a littler pricier, but I really like Brugge in Broad Ripple. Pomme frites and excellent belgium beer? Yes please.

Sticks on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    bedlam did you say you'd be at this

I am too lazy to look through the thread
    Yeah.

But if the weather sucks Im canceling.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

There's a Yat's in Bloomington, just a block and a half south of Kirkwood on 4th street.

I guess it's called "Dat's" now. Back in the day (2006) they had great food, good sized portions, and all for $5. http://www.yelp.com/biz/dats-bloomington

Check it out, Bloomington has almost every kind of ethic food you could want.

I had Dat's in June!

It wasn't too bad.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Mother bears is good but the general conclusion is it isn't worth the price unless you aren't paying.

Artreus on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    ... wait... what? That general conclusion is generally incorrect. I once had to kill a man to get in the door of that place on a Friday night.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The Yats in broad ripple is the mothership. All the good stuff is there. Haven't been to the one in Bloomington.

Bazbeaux is the shit. Brugge is also awesome. The Broad Ripple Bagelry (Deli) is also wonderous.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Artreus is prone to having bad opinions and thinking they are not bad

Mother bear's is delicious and worth the price. It is pricey though. Aver's is pretty good too. And Bloomington literally has every kind of ethnic food you can think of.

OmegaTofuNinja on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I don't remember if I ever had Aver's that many times, though I remember the logo. Pizza Express always had awesome breadsticks and good pizza. My roomate Freshman year worked for them and was Pizza Express Man.

I've been on the remax website looking at property in Bloomington close to campus all day thanks to this damn thread. You fuckers are so damn lucky to be there.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Mother bear's is delicious and worth the price. It is pricey though. Aver's is pretty good too. And Bloomington literally has every kind of ethnic food you can think of.

I will fucking murder you. You know you never eat there unless your parents are paying. Because you can't afford it. Neither can I.

Artreus on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I don't remember if I ever had Aver's that many times, though I remember the logo. Pizza Express always had awesome breadsticks and good pizza. My roomate Freshman year worked for them and was Pizza Express Man.

I've been on the remax website looking at property in Bloomington close to campus all day thanks to this damn thread. You fuckers are so damn lucky to be there.

It's a nice place yeah. You thinkin' of moving here?

And yeah, Pizza Express has good breadsticks, the pizza isn't my favorite. Mad mushroom is good if you've been drinking and are also poor. We used to get so much of that when we played D&D. That and Jimmy John's

OmegaTofuNinja on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Artreus wrote: »

I will fucking murder you. You know you never eat there unless your parents are paying. Because you can't afford it. Neither can I.

8-)

OmegaTofuNinja on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    If mad mushroom wasn't so damn cheap it would be horrrible. But as it is you can get a gigantic pizza for relatively cheap.

Artreus on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I still need to eat at the Hotbox here.

But I am so fucking poor.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009

It's a nice place yeah. You thinkin' of moving here?

And yeah, Pizza Express has good breadsticks, the pizza isn't my favorite. Mad mushroom is good if you've been drinking and are also poor. We used to get so much of that when we played D&D. That and Jimmy John's

I would fucking love to move there, alas, job, wife, law school, blah blah bullshit prevent me.

I'll second the mad mushroom, their cheese bread/sticks when you're hammered is fucking mana.

When you kids get old enough you should hit up The Big Red/Bloomington Beerfest, it's all you can drink for like $35 - 40, depending upon the day. Usually happens around October and is spread over a Thursday and a Friday. We used to take camping backpacks with us because the amount of free swag on the last day was insane. I got 25 foot banners from a half a dozen imported and local beer manufacturers each year, inlcuding the official beerfest banner. My kitchen cabinet at home as about a dozen of the 8 .oz glasses they give you to sample the beer. I was around when they switched from April to October so it was twice in one year - epic. Mad mushroom two extra large well done cheesebread became a ritual after beerfest.

Also, $2.75 pitcher night was on I believe Wednesdays at that cool bar/restaurant under the car park opposite Kilroy's Sports.

I think I'm going to close my office door and have a little cry now.

[Edit] Also, Kilroy's stuffed breadsticks.

Fuck you, fucking fucks.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Those stuffed sticks are awesome.

I need to try out nick's sometime.

Also that beerfest sounds awesome.

Artreus on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yes, the beerfest is rad beyond measure. http://www.bigredliquors.com/special_events.php

If it's in Bloomington, there will be a measure of awesomeness attached to it. I think those breadsticks are/were like 50 cents during happy hour. They had some power hour thing at Kilroy's (on Kirkwood) where draft domestics were rediculously cheap, but that price ended as soon as someone went to the bathroom, lol.

Nick's is great, a pretty big upperclassmen scene there because they're very tough on checking IDs.

Sink the Bizmark ('Biz) is a must while at Nick's. There's a pool hall on the main square that has like $1 import bottles while you're playing. Also, the best closest dive bar is called "The Vid" and it's just a little south of Sports. It's just one door outside and then you go upstairs, good darts, great prices on pitchers, etc. Cool doorman, too, I was with a sorority bar crawl and they refused us entry there :lol:

Sigh, if I was there I'd show you kids the world.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Man, some serious reminiscing going on in this thread.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Man, I went back to West Lafayette a few weeks ago for a funeral. Running around the old stomping grounds, my nostalgia was soaring.

All I remember from Bloomington was going to some bar and getting a huge fucking mix drink of something or other for dirtass cheap. Good times.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png