As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Castle: Season 8 : Well I Guess It Wasn't Named Beckett For a Reason

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    OMG will they won't they will they won't they?

Don't care, Alyssa Milano's breasts were in rare form tonight.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I liked this ep, we see that Castle isn't always about nailing women (much like when they had the episode that dealt with him walking his daughter to the playground). And beckett got to kind of play castle.

I'm sure everyone guessed the murderer in the opening, but I again did not.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    OMG will they won't they will they won't they?

Don't care, Alyssa Milano's breasts were in rare form tonight.

I think the writers have handled the "will they/won't they" pretty well. Both want to, but they (particularly Beckett) is trying to keep things professional.

They will, eventually.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    See, one problem with shows like this is guest star. If the guest star is either famous or more prolific than extra number 5 you can kinda guess where the case is gonna lead. Still, as long as the journey is entertaining, I don't mind so much knowing the general direction of the final destination.

iguanacus on
  • Options
    DoronronDoronron Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    RT Tomanta -

...And that's when the show will die, just like it happened with Moonlighting back in the 80s.

Doronron on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Doronron wrote: »
    RT Tomanta -

...And that's when the show will die, just like it happened with Moonlighting back in the 80s.

It really depends, Moonlighting had a lot of problems leading up to its failure. The biggest one I believe is that Willis's career was taking off, and Cybil Shepard was upset about that and that rift caused an issue that bled into the show. That and the writing of their love story was abysmal.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    iguanacus wrote: »
    See, one problem with shows like this is guest star. If the guest star is either famous or more prolific than extra number 5 you can kinda guess where the case is gonna lead. Still, as long as the journey is entertaining, I don't mind so much knowing the general direction of the final destination.

For example, in this episode the only actors I recognized immediately were Alyssa Milano and the guy who did it.

They weren't going to make someone who has a past with Castle be the killer, that's too dark for this show. That left the other guy.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    How's this show doing rating wise? Are we likely to get another season?

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Trus wrote: »
    How's this show doing rating wise? Are we likely to get another season?

Last I heard they came in second (though thats not difficult since NBC's leno is a non starter, and fox doesn't do 10pm programming normally). Had around 10 million, by comparison first place was 14? Mil CSI Caruso.

I think it's doing well, and they have kept it in a sweet heart slot following their reality tv powerhouses.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    10 million is pretty damn good, especially against CSI. I haven't been paying attention Castle's ratings this year and that makes me very happy.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Loved the episode.

I really do enjoy the supporting characters in this show. Everytime Ryan and Esposito show up on screen I know its gonna be good times. Lanie and Beckett's special girl moments are good too. I may be in love with Lanie however, so I'm slightly biased.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    MolotovCockatooMolotovCockatoo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I loved the way Ryan and Esposito delivered the little Jonas Brothers gag. I'd like to see more about them in future episodes - we get weird little hints of their private lives and backstories every so often, I think they could go into that more and it would be cool.

MolotovCockatoo on
    Killjoy wrote: »
    No jeez Orik why do you assume the worst about people?

Because he moderates an internet forum

http://lexiconmegatherium.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah I like how Ryan and Esposito give as good as they get, hell I wouldn't mind episodes that deal with them specifically. I also like the perturbed white ME they have as well.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    On the ratings, it had a 2.6 in the 18-49 demo for this last episode, which is the highest its had if I'm not mistaken. It typically averages 2-2.4

That's the number that matters when it comes to getting renewed, not viewing numbers. The bad news is that its a pretty middling number. The good news is that its certainly not bad, and has been steadily improving over the course of the season.

Its chances are fair for renewal.

Raynaga on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    I liked this ep, we see that Castle isn't always about nailing women (much like when they had the episode that dealt with him walking his daughter to the playground). And beckett got to kind of play castle.

I'm sure everyone guessed the murderer in the opening, but I again did not.

Protip: When one of the suspects was on Cheers, that guy did it.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    If ABC dropped the show, I'd love to see it show up on USA. The show would be a good fit for the network. They're always promoting "characters", and Castle has plenty of it to go 'round. Hopefully it won't be leaving ABC, but if it didn't get renewed there, I would think some other network would pick it up.

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Raakam wrote: »
    If ABC dropped the show, I'd love to see it show up on USA. The show would be a good fit for the network. They're always promoting "characters", and Castle has plenty of it to go 'round. Hopefully it won't be leaving ABC, but if it didn't get renewed there, I would think some other network would pick it up.

Now that just makes me want to see a Burn Notice/Castle crossover, as different in their overall tones as they are. It worked for Murder, She Wrote/Simon & Simon/Magnum PI (and Vegas/Crossing Jordon). It'd be worth it just to see the writers pull off a scene between Rick Castle and Sam Axe sharing "war" stories.

Doronron on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Now that just makes me want to see a Burn Notice/Castle crossover, as different in their overall tones as they are. It worked for Murder, She Wrote/Simon & Simon/Magnum PI (and Vegas/Crossing Jordon). It'd be worth it just to see the writers pull off a scene between Rick Castle and Sam Axe sharing "war" stories.

I think Castle/Psych might be a little more reasonable.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Taramoor wrote: »

I don't know Psych.

Doronron on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yeah I like how Ryan and Esposito give as good as they get, hell I wouldn't mind episodes that deal with them specifically. I also like the perturbed white ME they have as well.

The whole supporting cast is great, and all of them will snap off some great lines. I would love an episode in which we just follow Ryan and Esposito around with Beckett and Castle in the background.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    RT Tomanta -

It really depends, Moonlighting had a lot of problems leading up to its failure. The biggest one I believe is that Willis's career was taking off, and Cybil Shepard was upset about that and that rift caused an issue that bled into the show. That and the writing of their love story was abysmal.

Except that the tension colors quite a bit of the interaction between them. Get that out of the way, and what do you replace it with?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    RT Tomanta -

Except that the tension colors quite a bit of the interaction between them. Get that out of the way, and what do you replace it with?

Ryan and Esposito man, just make them larger characters, and have it be a will they or won't they... Wait...

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010

How about a Castle, Psych, AND Burn Notice crossover!?

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I do not think we as a species are ready for such a thing.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

All my dicks etc etc etc.

:D

Ender on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Truly, such an event would usher in a Golden Age of humanity without war and strife.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Truly, such an event would usher in a Golden Age of humanity without war and strife.

Or it would break us and cause madness as our minds could not yet handle that level of awesome. The risks are too great.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ugh. Now I'm thinking about how such a cross over would even happen.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Investigating the death of a CSI... CSI MIAMI CROSS OVER!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Well some executives get together and they go into a closed room. And 9 weeks later, the writers spit out some scripts...

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Oh god. Horatio, Shawn, Castle all trying to deliver puns. *head explode*

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

With Weston giving voice over explaining how to cover your tracks....

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    RT Tomanta -

Ryan and Esposito man, just make them larger characters, and have it be a will they or won't they... Wait...

"Well, at least the sexual tension between the janitors has been resolved."

Castle / Better Off Ted. Coming in 2010.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Now I'm imagining the opening of burn notice, csi miami, psych, and Castle all jumbled together.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Now I'm imagining the opening of burn notice, csi miami, psych, and Castle all jumbled together.

As I said, perhaps too much awesome for us to handle.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Though on the latest castle episode, he did pull some micheal weston style get out of a chair funny business, sort of. The tape to the mouth thing would have really hurt.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Though on the latest castle episode, he did pull some micheal weston style get out of a chair funny business, sort of. The tape to the mouth thing would have really hurt.

Watching him hop around was great.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Watching him hop around was great.

I loved Alexis raiding his wallet after taping his mouth. I've been kind of sad that she hasn't had more screen time the last few episodes (but, since she also had the episode where she worked at the station I can forgive them).

Tomanta on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah I liked his shocked reaction at first and then resignation when she said he'd be sad if she didn't rob him.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Speaking of Burn Notice, when is it back? It's been awhile, hasn't it?

a5ehren on