Options

Mass Effect - Release date set for January 26, 2010. 29 January in Europa.

• Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Birudojin wrote: »
    I'm glad they've announced how the gun will work, since I'm still waiting on it getting into my hands to even be able to test it not crashing the game >_>

But yeah, as Taky mentioned, it's nice to have a date.. but having another 12 months of time to polish things and not have to cram quite as hard would be a bit nicer :D

Fuck you.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The Terminus armor gives you the ability to romance everyone, including Tali. Retroactively.

QuirkyLittleTyrant on
    PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Options
    BirudojinBirudojin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I can dream :(

Birudojin on
  • Options
    BirudojinBirudojin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The Terminus armor gives you the ability to romance everyone, including Tali. Retroactively.

Shepard on Shepard romance confirmed

Birudojin on
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I can dream :(

You're a monkey Birudojin! Dance! DANCE!

Seriously though, we appreciate the effort. The huge codex's, descriptions, etc are part of what give the game it's unique depth.

Just don't screw up Mass Effect 3 and we'll be golden. :whistle:

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    Wet BanditWet Bandit Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm glad they've announced how the gun will work, since I'm still waiting on it getting into my hands to even be able to test it not crashing the game >_>

Please, making games can't be that tough. Check the 'gun' box, check the 'singularity' box, voila! That's all it takes, right? :P

By the way, anyone find it weird that the teasing smiley looks like the "I just drank poison" smiley? Well, what the "I just drank poison" smiley would look like if anyone was ever crass enough to make a smiley about that.

Wet Bandit on
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

preg.png

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    Coffee BeanCoffee Bean Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

preg.png

Hell yes. :^:

Coffee Bean on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Shepard on Shepard romance confirmed

Hmm. Spacer background just got a little creepier.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Eww, scarab, eww.

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    moocow wrote: »
    Eww, scarab, eww.

I thought about that post for a good thirty seconds before posting it.

We're through the looking glass here people.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Shepard needs to be his own father for when he fights the collectors in ME3, which are actually giant brains bent on destroying the noise of sentient thought.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    wait i don't get it let me juOHHHHH NOOOOO

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Shepard needs to be his own father for when he fights the collectors in ME3, which are actually giant brains bent on destroying the noise of sentient thought.

if i wasn't fucking lazy a futurama screencap would go here

{
    ]

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    squiggly bracket dashes square bracket!!!

ii've decided: terminus armor is for me

Joolander on
  • Options
    Coffee BeanCoffee Bean Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Buttcleft wrote: »

if i wasn't fucking lazy a futurama screencap would go here

{
    ]
    ScootyPuffJr.jpg

Coffee Bean on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KanamitKanamit Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You know how Dragon Age has a Xander Harris party member? I'm thinking what Mass Effect needs is a Stephen Fry party member.

Kanamit on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    90% homosexual 10% other?

He'd get along well with the Asari.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Completely off topic, but does anyone else find saying "2010" weird? Where is my awesome/horrible future we were promised/forewarned?

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Axen wrote: »
    Completely off topic, but does anyone else find saying "2010" weird? Where is my awesome/horrible future we were promised/forewarned?

I bought a newspaper yesterday that had an animated front page like Minority Report. They exist.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    JucJuc EdmontonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

The end of the world had a delayed release and is now coming out in 2012, and so is commander Shepard with the kaidan and wrex monage et trois romance.

Juc on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    2015 is the year I was promised hoverboards, flying cars and self-tying sneakers.

I expect the world to deliver.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

I bought a newspaper yesterday that had an animated front page like Minority Report. They exist.

where D:

WHERE!?!?!?!? :x

Joolander on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Joolander wrote: »

where D:

WHERE!?!?!?!? :x

Europe, man, it's the future over here.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Technically it is. It's already October 17th there.

langfor6 on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    stupid liberal american news media

refusing to be awesoem

Joolander on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Is it wrong that I was completely tempted by the Dragon Age preorder armor?

I could have run around bringing the righteous hammer of justice upon the races of the universe like those medieval knights in the High Crusade.

Must... resist.

Oh well, it'll be modded in eventually.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Is it wrong that I was completely tempted by the Dragon Age preorder armor?

I could have run around bringing the righteous hammer of justice upon the races of the universe like those medieval knights in the High Crusade.

Must... resist.

Oh well, it'll be modded in eventually.

Don't worry. A lot of people were ragging on it but I think it looks awesome. Not to mention you get it just for buying Dragon Age and I was going to do that anyway...so...win/win.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    TheBoginatorTheBoginator Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Juc wrote: »

The end of the world had a delayed release and is now coming out in 2012, and so is commander Shepard with the kaidan and wrex monage et trois romance.

Am I the only one that thinks a Canadian spelling ménage à trois wrong is funny?

I just got flashbacks of a childhood memory of watching the spray-painted truck scene of Canadian Bacon.

TheBoginator on
    TheBoginator.gif
    Robman wrote: »
    No you don't. It's mass effect brah, just grab your controller in one hand and your dick with the other and go to town
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Canukistanians, apart from those wretched souls trapped behind the borders of The People's Democratic Independent Republic of Quebec, seldom have much respect for the niceties of French accents and the like. That he remembered the right number of words in the phrase and arranged them in something resembling the correct order is already a rare feat.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    i am so sick of pre-order item bonuses that seem to be in everything these days.

What if it's that character cannon bug tester thing one of devs mentioned a while back? You have a reason to keep the party member you hate around then.

Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Basil wrote: »
    Canukistanians, apart from those wretched souls trapped behind the borders of The People's Democratic Independent Republic of Quebec, seldom have much respect for the niceties of French accents and the like. That he remembered the right number of words in the phrase and arranged them in something resembling the correct order is already a rare feat.

If he works for EA in Canada, he's in Vancouver and high or surfing, Alberta and very likely anti-Québec or in Montréal, and well, in Québec.

Oats on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    takyris wrote: »
    And I'm glad to get a solid release date, January can't come soon enough!

Tell that to those of us trying to avoid working through Christmas. :)

I work in retail, so I know how that feels.

Just make sure to be in good spirits, otherwise we may have 'A Bioware Carol' on our hands.

Where Takyris Scrooge is visited by the Ghost of Elevator Loading, the Ghost of Repetitive Combat Dialogue and the Ghost of that Pregnancy Side-Quest.

But after repenting on the past, Takyris learns to treat everyone with kindness, even the game journalists who take him out of context whenever he expresses his opinion.

God bless us, every one.
    I actually don't mind that side-quest, to be honest.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    takyris wrote: »
    And I'm glad to get a solid release date, January can't come soon enough!

Tell that to those of us trying to avoid working through Christmas. :)

I work in retail, so I know how that feels.

Just make sure to be in good spirits, otherwise we may have 'A Bioware Carol' on our hands.

Where Takyris Scrooge is visited by the Ghost of Elevator Loading, the Ghost of Repetitive Combat Dialogue and the Ghost of that Pregnancy Side-Quest.

But after repenting on the past, Takyris learns to treat everyone with kindness, even the game journalists who take him out of context whenever he expresses his opinion.

God bless us, every one.
    I actually don't mind that side-quest, to be honest.

You forgot the first visitor of the night.

The Ghost of the Tower of Hanoi.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I should also mention that Tiny Tim is replaced with Tiny Wrex.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So, the Terminus armour is going to be available somehow here in the UK, right?

Right?

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hmm...Okay, I really want the Iron Man armor.

@darley: Don't know, the details aren't completely ironed out yet.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

all the time, i will be staying twenty-ten in a deep sci-fi like voice everytime i say it, and in about 9 years after that ill be putting in a job application to be a blade runner.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    darleysam wrote: »

Right?

probably, but it will be made of plastic instead of metal, like how the dragon age collections edition we're getting a plastic map instead of a cloth one like everyone else.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    darleysam wrote: »

Right?

probably, but it will be made of plastic instead of metal, like how the dragon age collections edition we're getting a plastic map instead of a cloth one like everyone else.

That's bizzare... why are they giving you a plastic one? I get the feeling that there must be some kind of bizzare and/or unusual backstory to how that came about, because I can't imagine that having two separate production lines like that (plastic and cloth) would be cheaper than just sticking to one. I would think so at least... but I could be mistaken. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095