As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wierd Ubuntu Problem[Solved]

b0bd0db0bd0d Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
This is a rather weird problem but I can't seem to use the 's' letter in a terminal. For some reason, when I'm in a terminal and type the letter 's', a new terminal opens. S works fine everywhere, else, ie, right now. ssssss. See no terminal. But let me type it logging in on my VPN client or running a script, and a new terminal pops up. no s is typed either. Makes it hard to sudo stuff. I know 's' opens a new terminal, but I don't know why it is happening all out of the blue now.

No other keys are stuck down that I can tell. When I dual boot into windows, I have no problems with the key. Nothing has been changed in the system. It started out of the blue yesterday and I can't see to get it to stop. I don't want to register at the Ubuntu forums...

EDIT: Keyboard shortcuts for the terminal got changed so that s would open a new terminal window. Corruption issue? Anyway, fixed it. Lock it.

b0bd0d on