As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Your dream Adult Swim lineup

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Krosius wrote: »
    Courage was amazing. So many delightfully odd episodes.

I will to this day stop randomly look to a nonexistent camera and say " the things I do for love"

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Courage was some disturbing stuff, it even unnerves me now. I don't know why, but the setting (middle of nowhere) just freaks me out if I think about it too long. Living so far away from other people!?

And I didnt have cable back been PPG was on, but I have seen it now and I doubt I would have gotten all the humor anyway. It's good!

No love from Animaniacs?

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Nauuuuuuuuuuughty

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Nauuuuuuuuuuughty

My most favorite episode, next to the Tower of Dr. Zalost.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Courage was some disturbing stuff, it even unnerves me now. I don't know why, but the setting (middle of nowhere) just freaks me out if I think about it too long. Living so far away from other people!?

It depended on the episode but yeah sometimes Courage could get really creepy.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009

And I didnt have cable back been PPG was on, but I have seen it now and I doubt I would have gotten all the humor anyway. It's good!

No love from Animaniacs?

Animaniacs was great, as was Freakazoid.

Also, Animaniacs proves that Paul Dini is a furry.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    god I loved animaniacs and pinky & the brain so much

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking, pinky?" "I think so brain, but how are we going to fit the spice girls in a pinata?"

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Nice.
    megasxlrqt3.png

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Nauuuuuuuuuuughty

God I hated that.

And I don't remember too many furry moments in Animaniacs, I will admit to bein' a wee lass.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    And I don't remember too many furry moments in Animaniacs, I will admit to bein' a wee lass.

Minerva Mink.

Warning: Do not GIS with safesearch off.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Paul Dini did Animaniacs?

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

He worked a bit on it.

Minerva Mink was entirely his creation.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Staxeon wrote: »
    Space Ghost Coast to Coast, volume 5 episode Flipmode, and volume 3 episode Piledriver.

This is the must watch list.

Edelweiss and Zorak

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The Geek wrote: »

He worked a bit on it.

Minerva Mink was entirely his creation.

Excellent

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh. Hmm, honestly I don't mind anthropomorphic creatures drawn in that particular style. I think they're cute. I grew up watching movies with animal characters drawn like that, so it is kind of hard for me to consider them furry, which I would say is generally more influenced by anime and hella-wicked airbrushed wolf posters.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Minerva Mink's the one they can't show in syndication.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Wait, what?

Was it that bad? I mean, I remember plenty of those animal characters acting flirtatious because it was the joke, but why was Minerva different? Was it the draw? I really don't remember.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh. Hmm, honestly I don't mind anthropomorphic creatures drawn in that particular style. I think they're cute. I grew up watching movies with animal characters drawn like that, so it is kind of hard for me to consider them furry, which I would say is generally more influenced by anime and hella-wicked airbrushed wolf posters.

Umm, Minerva was drawn pretty much exactly like a typical "furry" character. The whole entire point of the character was that she was supposed to be super sexy and male characters were trying to score with her all the time.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    This isn't something from the show or done by the original artist, but it's pretty much exactly how she was drawn all the time on Animaniacs. Actually, this pic is a bit tame compared to some of the stuff they had on the show.
    Minerva_Mink_by_Yasithecat.jpg

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Minerva Mink.

Warning: Do not GIS with safesearch off.

Who is Krystal and what is she doing to my childhood

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh. I see. Well, if the point of the character is to be really sexy, then yes, I get why you guys say furry. Man, it is hard to think of those animal characters as being fetish fodder. Like I said, I thought they were cute and I liked drawing them but man, now I am not sure I wanna go back and see certain movies.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    This isn't something from the show or done by the original artist, but it's pretty much exactly how she was drawn all the time on Animaniacs. Actually, this pic is a bit tame compared to some of the stuff they had on the show.

I was going to post a YouTube vid of a wild take but all the ones there are silent and in slow motion, so

Pretend I did one

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh. I see. Well, if the point of the character is to be really sexy, then yes, I get why you guys say furry. Man, it is hard to think of those animal characters as being fetish fodder. Like I said, I thought they were cute and I liked drawing them but man, now I am not sure I wanna go back and see certain movies.

Most anthropomorphic animals in children's are completely safe and innocent and not meant to be furries or whatever.

But Minver is quite clearly intended to be "omg sexy animal lady".

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    InfestedGnomeInfestedGnome Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man why does Oblongs hurt me so much. Why does it stiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
    AKA [PA]Ilovepandas :D
  • Options
    edited October 2009

I was going to post a YouTube vid of a wild take but all the ones there are silent and in slow motion, so

Pretend I did one

Like, all Tex Avery style?

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Pretend I did one

Like, all Tex Avery style?

Yeah

There's a whole channel called "TheWildTake" but they all seem to be slowed down for, I don't know, analytical purposes

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I really just don't remember her character? Oh well. Maybe for the best.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    215163114_Ftcto-L-2.jpg

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I had a Wishbone game that went through Homer's Odyssey that game owned

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The internet ruins things sometimes. I'd long ago (lil tyke) had an idea of a series of adventures two friends, a girl and her dog-girl bff would have and it would be adorable and the internet would ruin it if I ever put any effort into it.

But then there is MSPA and Cake Bacon and Hulu and I'm happy again.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    InfestedGnomeInfestedGnome Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Goatmon wrote: »

I was too young to appreciate it back then but cameron diaz was smokin' in that movie

please don't hit me

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
    AKA [PA]Ilovepandas :D
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wishbone, you're not people

why you wearin' that hat

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    girl gamer here, please don't hit on me you silly boys ^________^

Burden of Proof on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    She needed to lurk more.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    out of that list of furries, animals going to school seems the most disturbing to me

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    My Gym Partner is a Monkey?

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The concept behind that show always bugged me.

Burden of Proof on
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wishbone is a national treasure

Sal on
    xet8c.gif