Options

zip+4 tool?

DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So my company's switching to a new database system that requires accounts to use zip + 4 zip codes... so we need some way of taking the zips on all our current accounts and turning them into zip + 4... anyone know of a tool or utility (free or $$$) that you can pass a bunch of street addresses through and it spits out the zip + 4? Such a thing may not even exist, not sure...

DiscoZombie on

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So my company's switching to a new database system that requires accounts to use zip + 4 zip codes... so we need some way of taking the zips on all our current accounts and turning them into zip + 4... anyone know of a tool or utility (free or $$$) that you can pass a bunch of street addresses through and it spits out the zip + 4? Such a thing may not even exist, not sure...

Check here. The USPS has APIs to do the lookups you want.

JoeUser on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hm, we don't really need a web tool - just something to pass a database / list of addresses through and have it spit out the zip+4... but maybe I *could* build something like that myself using one of these APIs, even though they're designed for web interfaces... I'll take a look, thanks :D

DiscoZombie on
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hm, we don't really need a web tool - just something to pass a database / list of addresses through and have it spit out the zip+4... but maybe I *could* build something like that myself using one of these APIs, even though they're designed for web interfaces... I'll take a look, thanks :D

Right, I think it's really just a web service that you can call from a simple application you build.

JoeUser on
  • Options
    PracticalProblemSolverPracticalProblemSolver Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    what kind of database is it?

PracticalProblemSolver on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    what kind of database is it?

well, it's Oracle, but I can also download it to Access as needed, which is where I plan on making the zip changes, since we don't have direct write access to Oracle.

DiscoZombie on