As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars: Legacy (OOC)

• Options
    snowinsnowin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Check remarks ;) will edit to comply.

snowin on
  • Options
    gredavingredavin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Sorry for the wait gents, I've been home sick for the last few days. Still feeling a bit under the weather, but I'll put up a post today sometime.

gredavin on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Alright, so I finished the post. At the end, I mention your character points. if you don't know the system, basically CP can be used in one of two ways.

During the game, you may spend a CP to add +1d6 to a skill roll. You may expend up to 2CP at one time, for a total bonus of +2d6 to a single skill roll. Force Points may be spend in the same way, but instead of adding a single point, it doubles your dice for a single roll. (Normal skill Blaster 5d, roll 10d using a Force Point.) Force points are only gained back at the GM's discretion and are hard to earn back. Mostly through very heroic deeds of self sacrifice.

CP can also be spent to increase skills and attributes.

Skills: Increase your skill by one pip (from 1d to 1d+1 for example) costs a number of character points equal to the skills current number. (so, raising a Blaster skill of 2d+1 to 2d+2 costs 2CP.)

Attributes: Increase your base attribute by one pip costs a number of character points equal to the attributes current number x10. (so, raising Dexterity from 2d+1 to 2d+2 costs 20CP.)

Force Attributes: Increase either Control, Sense or Alter by one pip costs a number of character points equal to the stats current number x5. (so, raising a Control of 2d+1 to 2d+2 costs 10CP.) This is a house rule, normally it is also x10. When you increase a stat, you also gain a new Force skill. This will be chosen by me based on how you've played your character.

It is a good idea to keep a small number of CP on hand to use during the game. You may not increase a skill you have not used. You do not have to spend CP right now if you have no desire to. Also, you can only increase anything by 1 pip at at time.

gredavin on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    What are the time requirements, IC and OOC, for skill gain?

I'll spend 1 CP on getting a pip for Starship Gunnery if that's fine. :D

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I believe its 1 week times current skill level. We're ignoring that.

I'll update your sheet accordingly. Any other updates post in here and I'll make adjustments to your sheets in the OP.

gredavin on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I guess I'll put a pip in Space Transports (so now 2d+1). And a pip to Shields and Sensors respectively.

I neglected to start repairing my ship before the end :'(

snowin on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I'm sure you can still walk around and repair your ship.

heh heh, I know I meant before Gred "ended the chapter etc.." cause my understanding was we could only put points into skills based on our actions before the CP's were awarded. Hence had I started repairs before hand I could've put a point into Starship repair...and that would've been a good one to put points in ;).

snowin on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    darksun,

I don't know them offhand, but I generally play it pretty loose on the rules end. If its a small thing, like a software upgrade (fire control) or similar, it can be done in a few hours. If its a major upgrade (new weapon system, sturdier hull) it could take months unless you hired a crew or optioned the work off to a professional team.

Costs vary, all dependant on the amount of upgrade and the type as well. Also, if you do it yourself or hire someone else to do it obviously.

Does that help?

gredavin on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Is it possible for Krema to slave his hyperdrive to the Bastard's and ride along inside?

Docking mechanism's etc...?

snowin on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Can't upgrade skills you didn't use (no repair skills at this time.)

Others look good though. ;)

gredavin on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    darksun,

Done, I updated your sheet.

Another topic, Infidel suggested once in awhile we meet up on MSN for certain scenes with dialogue. I am up for this, it would have to happen during my lunch breaks tho, and seeing as snowin and I work together, we could take our lunch at the same time.

How about you guys? We take our lunch at 11amCST.

gredavin on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    11am CST would be fine any day, but M-W-F I have class and would be cutting it short so probably best to not do those for me. :D Although I miss that class a lot as is and he's pretty boring/redundant for me. *shrug*

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    pm me your msn addy.

gredavin on
  • Options
    DraugDraug Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hey guys, I'm back.

Shit's back to normal, with the exeptions that A: I have a four times as fast internet connection and B: I have much less spare time, at least out February or so.

I'll be able to keep up with this though, never fear.

Now, off to read what's happened.

Draug on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    In the words of Dr. Zoidberg, "Woop, woopwoopwoopwooowoop" *Clackity clack".

Welcome back Draug!

snowin on
  • Options
    AftyAfty Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Sorry if its wrong to post into here like this, i just wanted to say i am really enjoying the IC thread, its really entertaining :)

Afty on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Afty,

No problem mate, its good to know others are reading it ;) Thanks for keeping up with the game.

Draug,

Glad to see you're alive. Now post you magnificent Norwegian bastard.

gredavin on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Gred,
    If we want to know something before we post that we have to roll for, do you want us to do that here, or PM or what?
    Thanks,
    snowin

snowin on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    You can go ahead and post anything you may want to do as an action with a roll in the OOC space at the bottom.

ex:

Waric thought he remembered a contact from Tatooine. What was the criminal's name again?

{OOC: Streetwise Roll: 23.}

If you roll high enough, I'll update based on your idea. I don't mind you guys taking some control of the story. If you go too far, I'll just ask you to make a change, but you are telling this story as much as I am.

gredavin on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Gents,

Come on now, we had a good pace going. Let's get those posts rolling!

gredavin on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I can do that. The way snowin posted, it seemed there might be a little more conversation going on.

I was also hoping Draug would post his thoughts before moving on as well.

gredavin on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Ok, I am now officially back...and more emo than ever! :P

Draug on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Emo-riffic

snowin on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Space Station Allegiance Floorplan.

Use link instead.

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints/space-station-k7-sheet-4.jpg

gredavin on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Personal Area Network: PAN's.

You can each add a PAN to your equipment list. This is a direct port from Shadowrun 4th Ed.

Essentially, its about the size of an ipod and you can wear it attached to a belt or shoulder clip, or wherever. Then, a small piece worn tucked behind your ear or something similiar transmits an Augmented Reality in your field of vision, basically, a hologram that only you see.

It is YOUR network, and you can use it like a phone/video/messager, and just like email, if you walk into an active wireless network, you can be spammed with ads and the like. You can turn your PAN off to 'autistic' which basically means you do not accept any outside networks to access your PAN.

I'm running PAN's very loosely, they're mainly to keep in contact with each other and for quick access to things like maps supplied by local authority networks and the like. Add it in for flavour, or ignore it if you like.

gredavin on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Dude, I love your map and all, but it's horribly large. Can you, like, thumbnail it or something?

Draug on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    At home I can, I don't have software on my work computer and this is linked from some other website. It'll do for now.

gredavin on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Heh, I know this is kinda far in now to notice, but why did you take Melee Parry there JD? I don't see the gameplay or character reason, you'd probably be better off using those dice elsewhere.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Here, use this for the smaller version? Can't read the details but that's what the full one is for. :P

http://www.orokos.com/legacy/space-station-allegiance.jpg

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    jdarksun wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    Heh, I know this is kinda far in now to notice, but why did you take Melee Parry there JD? I don't see the gameplay or character reason, you'd probably be better off using those dice elsewhere.
    For parrying with the lightsaber. You can either use Melee Parry or Sense, and Krema's Sense is pretty low.
    You can parry brawling, lightsaber, and melee combat attacks with the Lightsaber skill. Melee parry is when you're wielding a melee weapon other than a lightsaber, brawling parry is for when you're unarmed.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Infidel is right, Lightsaber is an all inclusive offense/defense skill.

You may move it to another skill if you wish.

Also, let's see some IC posts! ;)

gredavin on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    darksun,

Hate to say this, but that would've put you over the 2d maximum skill cap at chargen.

You'll have to put them into new skills, or boost others than only have 1d.

gredavin on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Oh, nevermind, REPAIR lol.

Making changes to your sheet.

gredavin on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I'm sorry I'm having an emo-riffic (thanks for that one, snowin) solo run here. I promise Kynn will be more sociable soon.

Being a telepath sometimes hurts, though.

Draug on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Sorry about the short post, but, while the posts were all awesome, they didn't give me much to update with ;) End with something a little more ...directional in the next update hehe.

gredavin on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    CP usage!

I'm putting 5 points in increasing my Control. Taking Farseeing as the new skill.

Draug on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Draug,

You weren't really posting during chapter 1, and therefore didn't use any skills. You can have the CP, but can't increase skills until chapter 2 is done, sorry mate. (I am enforcing it with the other players, no skill increases on skills you havent used)

gredavin on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Credits?!? Do I have any? If not we need to sell our souls or something.

snowin on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    If anyone has money, it would be you. I'll say that you start with 500 credits. No reason you have more or less, but to fit the story, we'll say that the Sith struck at a financially bad time for Mr. Waric.

gredavin on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Sorry, wasn't aware that I could only use CP at certain points. I figured it would be acceptable after the posts I just did on Kynn calming down and centering (or whatever you want to call it).

Draug on