As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Any gamestop employees about?

ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up.MichiganRegistered User regular
edited October 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
i'm just curious if anyone offhand knows the trade in for an xbox 360 system, what i'd require and whatnot. (do they need the hard drive if i trade in the system and whatnot).

Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
Zephos on

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    they don't require the hard drive, i think they need the power brick and cord, the console and a controller with a battery pack (that takes the AAs)
    atleast, that was what it came with when i bought it.
    i would not recommend trading to them, they will rip you off. sell to a friend or online.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Lucky for you I just traded in a 360 today.

You will NEED the following:
    System
    Power Brick/cable
    AV cable
    Controller

If you have a hard drive and are trading that in, it will be a seperate item.

Assuming the system works and you trading it in with a wireless controller, you will get $70 dollars. You will get $10 dollars for the hard drive.

If you have a wired controller, it will be less(dunno how much less). If it doesn't work, they will still take it, but you will get about half as much. They will more than likely test the system. Make sure to check you receipt at the end to see if they added the hard drive.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    $10 in exchange for a hard drive... have they seen the prices on those??
    i'm assuming this is the 20gb you mean and not a blanket price...

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

You say this as if Gamestop's trade-in values are normally fair. They'll give you $3 for a game and throw it on the shelf for $40. Why should your old hard-drive be any different?

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Figgy wrote: »

You say this as if Gamestop's trade-in values are normally fair. They'll give you $3 for a game and throw it on the shelf for $40. Why should your old hard-drive be any different?

You're going to make Jay's head xplode. Gamestop can do no wrong.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    i just fucking said earlier in the thread that they will not give him a good price for his 360.
    i am not the gamestop defense force, just one person who doesn't hate something that you hate

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'll just piggy back on this thread I guess since I have a similar question. What's the trade in value of a broken 360?

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    after some googling it appears they do take broken 360s, but at a steep cut. they give people $80 for them normally, but charge $40 for refurbishing if it's damaged, meaning you'll only get $40
    again the best route is to sell it online, i'm sure someone will find a use for it there

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yup, sell it online, not to Gamestop.

Hell, $70 is what I got for my broken 360 on ebay. You can do much better than what Gamestop's willing to give you.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    unilateralunilateral Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm not sure if these are just regional (I'm in Illinois) but if you can find one, go to a Disc Replay. I traded in my DS Lite and 4 DS games and 3 GBA games and got $130 store credit (would have been $100 in cash).

I don't know how much they give for 360s, but christ, $70? Sell it a friend for $80 if you're going to do that.

unilateral on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    i just fucking said earlier in the thread that they will not give him a good price for his 360.
    i am not the gamestop defense force, just one person who doesn't hate something that you hate

I don't hate them, I just know they're going to gangrape you on anything. why so shocked at the crappy trade in value for a HD?

oh and
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Yup, sell it online, not to Gamestop.

Hell, $70 is what I got for my broken 360 on ebay. You can do much better than what Gamestop's willing to give you.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    pheknophekno Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So what do I do if I got a 360 with an E-74 error, tried to fix it according to some instructions I found on YouTube and now it has the 4 red LEDs come on all the time (yes, trying to fix it myself was a dumb idea)? Will someone on Craigslist still take it? Any suggestions as to how much I should charge for such a gem? Keep in mind, I want to keep the controller and hard drive, but am willing to part with the mangled box and power brick.

edit: Now that I think of it it's 3 red LEDs, not 4.

phekno on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Someone can take it if you specify that it's broken.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz