As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SOLVED Name that song in... Can't name it at all!

Brett AshleyBrett Ashley Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I heard a crappy punk pop song that I kinda liked on the radio today. It's a love song and all I really remember is ...music slowed down then the singer sang " GO! blah blah blah that i want you now!"

EDIT-
It's fucking Weezer! Christ! It didn't even sound like Rivers Cuomo!
Thanks everyone! Especially for the video!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Brett Ashley on

• Black IceBlack Ice Charlotte, NCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Not familiar with the song, but I have two tips that may help:

1.) Try Googling the lyrics and adding the word "lyrics" at the end of your Google Search the next time you hear 3 or 4 words in a row. I.e. "Surprises let me know she cares lyrics" or "you can find me in the club bottle lyrics"

2.) See if your radio station has a website. If it does, any good radio station is going to have a list of songs recently played that stretches back for 24 hours. Look at the time you heard the song, then YouTube it to see if it's the one.

Black Ice on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Paramore: Misery Business?

That's what came to mind.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • eternalbleternalbl Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Most stations list what they played at whatever time in a day. That + youtube = your answer

eternalbl on
    eternalbl.png
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yes.com is where I go when I need a radio station's playlist.

Especially when said radio station doesn't have a very good list/website of their own

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • existexist Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Weezer - (If You're Wondering if I Want You To) I Want You To.

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    exist wrote: »

i thought it was this but he said crappy so I dunno

Raneados on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Raneados wrote: »
    exist wrote: »

i thought it was this but he said crappy so I dunno

He also said punk.

Definately not two words I'd associate with Weezer. Still, I think this is likely the song the OP was referring too.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Raneados on
    edited October 2009
    "Crappy" is a matter of taste, and pop/punk is an entirely different genre than punk. People also can have very different views on what belongs in a certain genre. I am almost certain that song is what the OP is referring to.

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    At no point in "I want you to" does Rivers Cuomo say "Go!"

Unless he misheard "Girl."

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    edited October 2009
    Figgy wrote: »
    At no point in "I want you to" does Rivers Cuomo say "Go!"

Unless he misheard "Girl."

OP heard the song once. He misheard girl as go, not exactly a hard mistake to make. Cuomo also never says "I want you now", OP just didn't remember the line correctly.

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Just listen to the same station again, and if you by chance hear it, check the time and then check the radio's website if it has a list of everything it played. I had a situation where I heard a song and liked it, but had NO IDEA what it was or who it was by, and it took me a few days to find it. But that's all I did.

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    ... or just remember a few words in a sequence of the song and google it within quotation marks.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment