Options

G&T Secret Santa 2009 - This is the best Secret Santa in the universe! SRSLY!

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    area wrote: »
    Is anyone in the thread fair game for elven duties? I don't need a question answered, just need a message passed along to my santee.

I'm game.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Go with anybody else though

since it would be super easy to go "oh, Kyougu messaged me" and then see that kyougu offered to send for you

but also you asked now so anybody who gets a message and checks the thread could know oh my godddd

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Shopping done. My santee didn't give me vast amounts of info to work with so I just got a bunch of stuff I like and hope they like it as well!

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    iMattiMatt Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    swift wrote: »
    iMatt wrote: »
    Posted my parcel around the world! £11 which I thought was a bit steep but nothing compared to seeing (or at least imagining) the joy on the receivers face!

Did you send it via the post office or by some other courier?

Standard post office with proof of postage in case it gets lost.
    Could have shipped it for £6 but they reckon that would take 6 weeks to arrive and it's not fair for Christmas to be that damn late!

iMatt on
  • Options
    ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dear Santa, I think I want this cat.

137.jpg

Scotty on
  • Options
    Mr HeistMr Heist It's Heist-o-Matic! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    noir_blood wrote: »
    According to USPS:
    Here are the absolute last USPS mail-by dates for making sure presents land under the tree in time:

Letters and Cards: Dec 20
    Priority Mail: Dec 20
    Express Mail: Dec 22
    Parcel Post: Dec 15

Check the USPS site for deadlines for military mail.

Also, if you got money to burn Santa, feel free to get me this

Oh man, at first I didn't realize it was a figure, and thought they were actually selling the costume.

But you know, the figure's pretty cool too...
    Please tell me there's a button you push that makes it fly around the room recklessly and uncontrollably

Mr Heist on
    mrheist-wide.png
  • Options
    Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Soooo....as I'm getting married in Mexico this Dec, I too feel like I should say that I'm going to be abroad until December 17th, so if you've ordered something for me, I'm not going to be able to get it and respond until then, but as soon as my ass is Back in Canada I'll post.

Also if my santee is interested I have a amazon wish list

Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Santee, gift #2 arrived like two days after ordering it. Damn that was fast. I also ordered something for myself, so...go us!

I will purchase gift #3-4 (or so) tonight. I think you will like it. Hope you don't download your music and get everything by a certain band, although this is an obscure thing, so hopefully not.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hey Santee, guess what day it is? That's right, payday! Do you feel it? Are you experiencing that ominous feeling of impending joy. Oh yes, soon the Christmas spirit will be upon you, and from there... there's no turning back.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    Hey Santee, guess what day it is? That's right, payday! Do you feel it? Are you experiencing that ominous feeling of impending joy. Oh yes, soon the Christmas spirit will be upon you, and from there... there's no turning back.

My pants are tingling already with anticipation!

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Just got the bulk of my giftage to send out, now to peice everything together. I need some cool extras.

Are PS3 cards region free?

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Well I have the entire box filled to the brim with presents, but I have to go out and buy one more thing before it is complete. See my Santee slipped up and offhandedly mentioned a food they love in another thread and for some reason or another it has been completely unavailable to them. I am going to go out and buy some to pad the box with, though it will be hard making room in an already full box.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I finally ordered the centerpiece of my box. So cool. I just hope the extreme heat won't be bad for the rest of the stuff.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I finally ordered the centerpiece of my box. So cool. I just hope the extreme heat won't be bad for the rest of the stuff.

I know your Santa may act like a caveman at times, but I would like to reiterate that you should not mail him the gift of fire.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I will throw my Santa a bone.

This isn't really a buy me junk list, but more of 'This is what I am interested in list'. This is also in addition to anything I have posted in Penny Arcade in the past. This should help out somewhat. I also love anything geek. I am a 2x in shirts but would prefer no clothes.

Amazon Wish List

Unfortunatly I cant begin to shop till Dec 1st. But the stalking has begun already....

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    UltimanecatUltimanecat Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Got my gifts in the mail already and just got done ordering the gifts for my Santee. It will probably fail miserably since it's a bunch of fashion stuff and some music, but it's the thought that counts!

I'll probably send out some Vegemite along with the actual card later on! As for pics of the stuff I got, I intend to take them somewhere epic so it may be a bit yet!

edit: So many exclamation points! I'm THAT excited!

Ultimanecat on
    SteamID : same as my PA forum name
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Got the main gift for my santee chosen, but need a few more things to complete the package.

Also I have an idea for the box, lets see if it works out.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I got one thing for you santee, and only because I saw something cool and on sale! that I think you'd enjoy, but the rest will come after Thanksgiving. :D

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Just a reminder I'm up for any elven type duties.

You know, PMs, stalking, taking care of Mrs. Claus, that sort of thing.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    That reminds me, I haven't put anything on my Amazon wishlist yet. I should get to that.

Norfair on
  • Options
    CrazybearCrazybear Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Part one of the three parts of my gift is DONE! Now to parts two and three. I want to ship early to avoid the Christmas rush.

EDIT: Also, I just Googled my Santee's forum name.

Holy shit.

And...I think my bear needs a hat.....

Crazybear on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    analrapist or the dude with herpes?

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Mr HeistMr Heist It's Heist-o-Matic! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Crazybear wrote: »
    Part one of the three parts of my gift is DONE! Now to parts two and three. I want to ship early to avoid the Christmas rush.

EDIT: Also, I just Googled my Santee's forum name.

Holy shit.

And...I think my bear needs a hat.....

bearmas.jpg

Mr Heist on
    mrheist-wide.png
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Man, some of you are fast. Me? I'm taking my time. I have ideas, don't get me wrong. It just may take a while.
    I'm not lazy. Honest.
    Okay, maybe I am lazy.

Edit: I think it's time to dust off the ol' holiday sig and avatar.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Right, if my sleeping pattern permits, I'm gonna head out and get the presents for both my Santee and my family tomorrow (technically today).

Think I'll be spending more on my Santee than my entire family put together. Hm.

Senshi on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dear Santa: I want alligator tenderloin.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My santee is going to get one hell of a box whenever all of the stuff I ordered comes in. Everything is on its way to my house and should be here before December even starts. I just hope he's in to My Little Pony and coupons that expired last month.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Finally. Present is shipped as of tonight. Should get there by the 25th. Now we play the waiting game.....

Ah the waiting game sucks, lets play hungry hungry hippos!

remlap13 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    My santee is going to get one hell of a box whenever all of the stuff I ordered comes in. Everything is on its way to my house and should be here before December even starts. I just hope he's in to My Little Pony and coupons that expired last month.

Who isn't!?

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    remlap13 wrote: »
    Finally. Present is shipped as of tonight. Should get there by the 25th. Now we play the waiting game.....

hungry hungry hippos gets old after awhile too, though. Uno?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    All right, in case my Santa is in dire need of ideas, I threw a bunch of stuff up on my Amazon wishlist:

Norfair's Amazon wishlist

Keep in mind that I have none of this stuff. Also, I already have the other Marx Brothers box, the one with all their Paramount films in it, so in case you prefer to use this list as a springboard for ideas and not so much as a list, you don't need to get me that one. edit: There is one super-expensive item on there (the complete Calvin & Hobbes), but that's more for myself to remember for another time, and not so much a suggestion for you. I tried to avoid expensive stuff, I know a lot of people don't have much to spend and I'm pretty cool with whatever I get.

Norfair on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Okay, so I've got my santee's Amazon stuff all ready to go. The question is, do I wait to order it until I get the more personal part ready and ship it off, or do I just send them that and let the other stuff get there when it gets there?

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    anoffday wrote: »
    remlap13 wrote: »

hungry hungry hippos gets old after awhile too, though. Uno?

Yes!

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    You are fully licensed and bonded by the state to ship out gifts, aren't you Mr. Santa?

Edit: This is the worst TOTP ever.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Santee, make more poast!

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm getting. I should probably send stuff out soon

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    poisonxpoisonx Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ohhhhh Santee, I think I found you the perfect gift, i'll do more shopping and add a few things here and there.......

poisonx on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ohhhh Santee. I really hope you get to appreciate the amount of effort going into making this thing. For the past 8 days away at work this has been my regime.

4:30am: Get out of bed
    5:10am: Walk to work
    5:45am: Start the day
    5:54pm: End the day
    6:15pm: Have dinner
    6:45-7:00pm: Commence crafting
    9:30pm: Go to sleep

I'm having an awful lot of fun making it though, and the idea of gifting it after its all done is so exciting! :) Just need to finish it in time!!

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    poisonxpoisonx Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    poisonx wrote: »
    Dear Santee,
    don't get me any xbox live cards, i never use them and have like 20 free 48 hour trials, and have like over 9000 microsoft points. however if it helps i play video games alot, maby more than alot lol. (mostly xbox 360 and ps3)

I'd be glad to take some of those points off your hands if you don't like using them :).
    Though I'm not sure there's even a way to do that...

send me a message on xbl and i'll send you a code for a 48 hour free trial... i never use em.

poisonx on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh man

I just had a horrible realization

So my Santa used a proxy to send me a message today, warning me that two boxes from Amazon would be on their way to my doorstep, they're unmarked, not Christmasy, not bombs, etc.

And I got a bonus today at work. And I was gonna buy some cool stuff this weekend but then I thought

What if I accidentally get what my Santa got me?

I've never had to deal with this problem before because my family doesn't celebrate Christmas, though I understand it's a common one.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Santa only stuff (it'll bore you to read, so don't bother with the spoiler unless you're my Santa):
    Just a note for my Santa: since I kinda like Batman, and cartoons, it might occur to you to get me Batman stuff. I already have Mask of the Phantasm, Batman Beyond: Return Of The Joker, and Sub-Zero (the one about Mr. Freeze) on DVD, plus Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. (I also have every season of Superman: The Animated Series.) Just in case you get that idea.

Anyway, I'm being a good Santee and not buying myself anything before the holidays, so don't worry about that. If you really can't get any ideas, feel free to donate some money in my name to Child's Play, I wouldn't mind that.

Norfair on
This discussion has been closed.