As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Saeco Vienna Deluxe - HALP

Richard_DastardlyRichard_Dastardly Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
A couple of months ago I bought a Saeco Vienna Deluxe Superautomatica espresso machine from a dude offa Craigslist. I love the shit out of this thing, but every fourth or fifth time I brew a shot the machine grinds the beans as usual, but then it makes a funny noise, shakes a bit, and then nothing comes out. It spits the cake into the grounds bin as usual, but I don't get my damn espresso.

I haven't been able to find any answers on the Internet. I do clean the brew group weekly. Aside from occasionally spraying down the rest of the machine, that's about the only maintanance I do.

Any ideas on what the problem might be?

Richard_Dastardly on

• Options
    KivutarKivutar Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    A couple of months ago I bought a Saeco Vienna Deluxe Superautomatica espresso machine from a dude offa Craigslist. I love the shit out of this thing, but every fourth or fifth time I brew a shot the machine grinds the beans as usual, but then it makes a funny noise, shakes a bit, and then nothing comes out. It spits the cake into the grounds bin as usual, but I don't get my damn espresso.

I haven't been able to find any answers on the Internet. I do clean the brew group weekly. Aside from occasionally spraying down the rest of the machine, that's about the only maintanance I do.

Any ideas on what the problem might be?
    Without knowing anything about the machine/situation,my first guess based on your description is that the grind is probably too fine or being packed too densely, and that the noises/shaking is a side-effect of your machine trying to produce the necessary pressure to compensate (and failing, hence nothing coming out).

I don't know anything about the machine though, so that's about all I can offer.

I guess it's fully automated? I suppose some component could be getting gradually clogged which would account for the 'every 4th/5th time' bit.

Kivutar on
  • Options
    Richard_DastardlyRichard_Dastardly Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Huh... my idiot light just turned on.

I'll try setting the grinder to a coarser grind. I'm sure that's the problem, actually... I have the thing set at the finest grind.

Thanks!

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    KivutarKivutar Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ah yea, it usually takes a bit to get a grinder dialed in to what's ideal for your machine, but generally speaking I find myself a little shy of the finest setting once all is said and done.

Hope it works out!

Kivutar on