Options

blog help

amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhourThe woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
edited November 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm working on a blog design using wordpress, and it's for a daily blog. The main page will show that days entry.

I'd like the site to be able to show multiple posts from that day, similar to how Gabe and Tycho can each post in a given day, but then come two days later it's all new. This site will have multiple contributors so sometimes more than one will post in a day.

Anyone know how to configure this? Again, it's a wordpress installation.

Thanks!

are YOU on the beer list?
amateurhour on

• Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Are you looking for some configuration build into the Wordpress GUI that will let you do this, or are you talking about going in and editing the PHP for the theme?

...because if you don't want to edit the PHP yourself, your best bet is really to trawl through all of the themes available looking for something like what you're describing...unless I'm totally misunderstanding what you're saying.

Edit: Or check plugins apparently! :)

Hypatia on
  • Options
    iglidanteiglidante Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    This plugin seems to do what you're looking for, I think.

iglidante on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    That plugin seems like it just shows a certain number of posts on certain pages. I'm not sure if that's what I am looking for or not, although I will test it tonight.

I guess what I wanted was a way for a user to log in today, make a post, then another user log in and make a post that displays below it, if he had a response to the previous post, and then tomorrow all of yesterdays posts would be gone, leaving a fresh page for the new day's post. I put this in H/A here because it would be similar to the MWF setup at PA, layout wise.

I guess I need something that bases post displays by date and not number... Hopefully this will work, but I'm open to other suggestions as well

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?