As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TF2] Resurgam.

Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital ConquistadorLondonRegistered User regular
edited November 2009 in Games and Technology
How to add a server:
Before you start TF2, right click Steam in your toolbar and click on Servers. Go to the Favorites tab, click Add a Server, and type in the IP. Next time you launch TF2, go to the Favorites tab and select one of the servers that has people in it, type in the password (wang), and you should be good to go. Also make sure "Show map list" is unchecked in the bottom left. It makes finding servers stupid as hell.

Hey You's
TF2PRO.COM / TEAM ZISSOU SERVER Donate!
Mixed map rotation (Official and Custom). Also test maps for the PAMTU (Join).
Server IP: 208.167.242.188:27015

Job's
Hyperbolic Drama Chamber Donate!
Normal server with SourceMod.
Server IP: 216.155.146.69:27015

JonXP's
JonXP's server Donate!
Regular vanilla server. No plugins whatsoever.
Server IP: tf2.finalmeasure.com

PMAvers's
House of Non-Conformity Donate!
Custom map server.
Server IP: 208.167.243.68:27015
Download the Map Pack.
Extract to: Steam\steamapps\<your account>\team fortress 2\tf\maps

Mandalore's House of Props - New!
A modded server for the decidedly silly/amazing Prop Hunt game.
Server IP:208.167.247.217:27015
Map Pack (DOWNLOAD THIS FIRST)

b_160x400_T1_F-2.pngb_160x400_T1_F-2.pngb_160x400_T1_F-2.pngb_160x400_T1_F-2.pngb_160x400_T1_F-2.png

IMPORTANT NOTE: There is no real PA TF2 Steam Group. The HoNC has a Honc Night group that occasionally announces a custom map night, but that's about it. To get involved and meet people post here and add the servers to your favorites and hop on.

p8fnsZD.png
Flippy_D on

• Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    At ease, you wastes of skin. The Powers That Be have commanded me to write another short missive—I'm told it will be broadcast on some manner of punch-card tube machine and read by the thin, stupid youth of today, who evidently ignored my past instructions to stop wasting their lives and do more push-ups.

When I inquired what this missive should contain, I was instructed only that it had something to do with an upcoming pagan moon worship festival, and that it should be "terrifying". Evidently, the youth of today enjoy being scared. Why? Because you don't know what real fear is. Get out a pen and write this in your poem books: I have personally killed 6,078 men in cold blood while looking them in the eye; jumped on 1,455 live grenades; and stuffed fourteen feet of my own intestine back into my stomach. If that doesn't scare you out of your frilly pink leotards, guess what: You are an idiot and you hate America. The next time you visit your grandfather, take out your ipoot headbuds, pull up your goddamn pants, and ask him what a war is. If you're not standing in a puddle of your own Jarate by the time he's finished talking, you should ask him to start over, because you weren't paying attention.

So listen up! An update will arrive later today. There will be ghosts! There will be exploding pumpkins! You will receive achievements and candy prizes! And by God you will be frightened by it or I will give you something to be frightened about!

Click this link to read more about The Terrifying Team Fortress Haunted Hallowe'en Special!

The Soldier
    exploding_pumpkin.jpg

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    davinciedavincie Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Gibus is a boring hat.

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    davincie wrote: »
    Gibus is a boring hat.

paper bag on the other hand is a great hat

:( they limited the wrong one to halloween

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Borderlands is taking all my TF2 time.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I want to get all the halloween achievements before it's too late. I have the two hat related ones, but I haven't killed anyone scared, a spy disguised as my class or with pumpkin bombs.

Peewi on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have only killed one person with a pumpkin bomb.

Getting all the candy for the paper bag is super easy as pyro, so I guess pumpkin bombs get to be super hard. I wish they did more damage.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    El ExtremoEl Extremo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The pumpkin bomb one took me forever, and I still have yet to get Costume Contest.

So much harder than I thought it was going to be.

El Extremo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    jonxp wrote: »

trading a bad game over a good one.

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I just need that stupid domination achievement.. and since no one is wearing the gibus anymore, guess what, I don't get it!

xzzy on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    TK-42-1 wrote: »
    jonxp wrote: »

trading a bad game over a good one.

Too bad jon sucks at both!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    savooipeerdsavooipeerd Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I still love how quickly I got the pumpkin bomb achievement. The domination achievement came pretty quickly as well and I got the costume achievement very easily by "killing" a dead ringer spy, but damn that Scared Stiff achievement took me a long time to get.

I'm wondering though: if the achievements are only for halloween, does that mean that people will be unable to get a gibus after the event ends? Or will the domination rule still apply after, just without a related achievement?

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    THE PUMPKIN KING ARISES! QUICK, TO YOUR MOUSE CLICKS AND WASD ARMS.

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have to admit, I smirked at "gibus all your hats".

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    copied and pasted the copied and pasted thread contents that were originally yours, I see

MrDelish on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Or will the domination rule still apply after, just without a related achievement?

From what I can tell, you can only get it on the harvest event map.. which means once it's Nov 3rd, it's gone until next year.

xzzy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    MrDelish wrote: »
    copied and pasted the copied and pasted thread contents that were originally yours, I see

he forgot to copy and paste your screenshot of him being burned on a death cam.

this seems all too convenient.

edit:
    xzzy wrote: »
    Or will the domination rule still apply after, just without a related achievement?

From what I can tell, you can only get it on the harvest event map.. which means once it's Nov 3rd, it's gone until next year.

I've seen people get the Gibus on the Dick or Treat maps.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    3_eyed_weasel3_eyed_weasel Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If you guys are lazy and want to get the exploding pumpkin one, and easy way to do it is by rocket jumping on the roof and shooting pumpkins as people walk by with the shotgun. It only works for the start of the round though.

3_eyed_weasel on
    samorostsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    If you guys are lazy and want to get the exploding pumpkin one, and easy way to do it is by rocket jumping on the roof and shooting pumpkins as people walk by with the shotgun. It only works for the start of the round though.

I'm considering just camping the pumpkins next to candy health packs as a sniper.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    alternatively, create your own server, turn on cheats, add bots, turn on bot mimic, turn off cheats and reconnect, the bots will mirror your moves and you can put them next to stuff and get your achievement easily.

sv_cheats 1
    bot add (spam this until no more bots can be added)
    bot_mimic 1
    sv_cheats 0
    retry

Ginger Mijango on
  • Options
    Fatal3RR0RFatal3RR0R Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So I took advantage of the sale and bought TF2.

I was wondering what's the best class for a beginner to play?

Fatal3RR0R on
    peachip4sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I got my exploding pumpkin one by just hanging out as a scout, and pistoling pumpkins when people walked past them.

Get a domination on a specific person though, that's hard.

xzzy on
  • Options
    Eric_ResEric_Res Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Fatal3RR0R wrote: »

Medic or Heavy. Either one will get you used to working with someone else in tandem/coordinating with a team.

Or you can play Demoman and get shit tons of kills, this however comes at a price:

your soul.

CHOOSE WISELY.

Eric_Res on
    QdEHg.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Eric_Res wrote: »

Medic or Heavy. Either one will get you used to working with someone else in tandem/coordinating with a team.

Or you can play Demoman and get shit tons of kills, this however comes at a price:

your soul.

CHOOSE WISELY.

Ignore this man; go medic to watch other people in action or soldier if you have previous FPS experience.

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2009

your soul.

CHOOSE WISELY.

I like my soul so I guess I'll go with Medic.

Fatal3RR0R on
    peachip4sig.png
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    guys.

We should get on the server.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Learn by doing, not by watching, play whatever class you like.

Ginger Mijango on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    It is easiest to get a feel for the classes and maps by playing medic, though.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009

your soul.

CHOOSE WISELY.
    I love how some people describe demo as super easy and the newb class, yet they don't even play a competent demo themselves.

I'd like any of you who don't play demo on a regular basis to just pick it up.

Goomba I'm saying shut the fuck up before you even post, your opinion doesn't count.

edit: what ginger said. Pick a class you think looks/plays cool and stick with it. There will be plenty of time for variety when you get bored of that class/have a bad day.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    demo is p. easy. to play well.

You aren't going to be airshotting people or pipe jumping/bottling but to play effectively with demo ain't even a thing.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I agree that people new to the game should eventually try out all the classes, but trying to play classes like heavy, spy or engineer without knowing the maps or fully understanding the game mechanics will only be an exercise in frustration.

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    ok guys I am getting on the hyperbolic drama chamber

I am expecting you guys t oshow up. Pleaaase.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    ok guys I am getting on the hyperbolic drama chamber

I am expecting you guys t oshow up. Pleaaase.

They are too busy playing Borderlands, Eater of Souls

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

You aren't going to be airshotting people or pipe jumping/bottling but to play effectively with demo ain't even a thing.
    Camp corners/doorways/any chokepoint with stickies. Congrats, you are now at least in the middle of the scoreboard and are a certifiably "Decent" Demo.
    This is the only way Gumpy can get kills, fyi.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    And playing the one class that is targeted moreso than others will not be a frustrating experience, with thankless, brainless, useless bumhat teammates you rely on for protection? yeah screw that.

Play the class, learn the class.

Ginger Mijango on
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009

your soul.

CHOOSE WISELY.
    I love how some people describe demo as super easy and the newb class, yet they don't even play a competent demo themselves.

I'd like any of you who don't play demo on a regular basis to just pick it up.

Goomba I'm saying shut the fuck up before you even post, your opinion doesn't count.

edit: what ginger said. Pick a class you think looks/plays cool and stick with it. There will be plenty of time for variety when you get bored of that class/have a bad day.
    So do you want me to pick it up or not because I mean I will.

Edit: I will stop playing pyro and play nothing but demoman. Do you really want that? Do you really, really want that?

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Thanks for the advice everyone.

I'll try all the differnet classes later and see which clicks.

Fatal3RR0R on
    peachip4sig.png
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009

Camp corners/doorways/any chokepoint with stickies. Congrats, you are now at least in the middle of the scoreboard and are a certifiably "Decent" Demo.
    That is jackass advice from a jackass. What you do is spam M1 and M2. You will get so many accidental kills you will be disgusted with yourself.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    xzzy wrote: »
    I got my exploding pumpkin one by just hanging out as a scout, and pistoling pumpkins when people walked past them.

Get a domination on a specific person though, that's hard.

Actually, I don't think it has to be that specific. Cause 1. Everyone seems to be wearing it at all times and 2. Even if they aren't wearing it, if it is equipped to one of their classes (even if they aren't playing it) it works. Cause someone got their Gibus off of me when I was playing Pyro and I only had the Gibus equipped on my Soldier.
    Goomba wrote: »

That is jackass advice from a jackass. What you do is spam M1 and M2. You will get so many accidental kills you will be disgusted with yourself.

I can't agree with "so many" but I will admit SOMETIMES there are these funny streaks where detonating Sticky bombs midair as soon as you can gets a good amount of kills. it doesn't seem to happen that often in my experience, though.

Raining nades from behind cover onto a group of bodies, however...

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    i play demoman when im watching movies on the other monitor

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    All classes are easy to play, difficult to master. All classes are also pretty fun. Except spy. Never be a spy.

Adus on
This discussion has been closed.