As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A battery that would take the place of an outlet?

The LandoStanderThe LandoStander Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I recently got a digital photo frame that doesn't have an internal battery. I'm wondering if there are batteries or something close to those uninteruptble power supplies that would let me power the frame for a couple of hours indoors. I'm not sure if a solar powered set up would work in doors or even if an affordable solar set up would supply the power that the 5v frame would want.

Would something like this set up even come close to working?

Maybe someday, they'll see a hero's just a man. Who knows he's free.
The LandoStander on

• plantersplanters Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Well I'm almost positive that frame would use DC not AC so that makes things easier. Check how many volts it uses, it should say it by the power connector somewhere.

planters on
  • The LandoStanderThe LandoStander Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    As far as the product details I've found indicate the charger can supply between 3.5 to 5 volts which the Frame would want the full 5 volts. The charger is geared more towards MP3 players and Cellphones but if one of the plug attachments fits the frame then neither device really knows the difference right?

My wife is attending an artists convention so having the frame to display her work would be handy but an outlet isn't really guaranteed. Also the charger isn't solely solar powered so it could get fully charged by USB before my wife sets up and then the solar collector is really just about mitigating a small amount of the drain.

The LandoStander on
    Maybe someday, they'll see a hero's just a man. Who knows he's free.