As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game Console Rentals

Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Games and Technology
Does anyone know how much these usually cost from some place like Blockbuster, or if there's a better store to do this at?

After MGS4 comes out, I'm going to want to rent a PS3 for a couple weeks if it's not too expensive so I can play through that, Resistance, and any other good games that come out between now and then.

Mai-Kero on

• Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    They don't rent consoles at all and haven't done so for years.

Artoria on
  • Options
    WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    If you're in Canada, Rogers Video rents them out, but you've gotta put down a and ammount equal to the cost of the console (ie, $500 for a 360) m not sure as to the actual cost though, I believe somewhere around $25 a week for console + 2 games or some similar deal.

Wezoin on
  • Options
    NikolisNikolis Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Some BB GameRush Stores might rent them out, but beware, BB is an evil, evil corporation that feeds on souls.

Nikolis on
    Nklus.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Not the greatest option but Rentacenter/Rentway/etc all tend to rent consoles and IIRC they don't require a huge security deposit like a video/game rental chain and sometimes are a bit cheaper to boot. They are parasitic leeches that feed off the poor and low income folks, but for this purpose they might serve you well.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Rent to own!

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Blockbuster does too rent consols, they have a big sign posted at the cash register at my local blockbuster about Wii and PS3 rentals, and something to due with a major credit card needed in order to do it. Didn't check prices tho cause I'm still waiting to buy my Wii and don't need to be wasting money on a rental.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    NikolisNikolis Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Burtletoy wrote:
    Blockbuster does too rent consols, they have a big sign posted at the cash register at my local blockbuster about Wii and PS3 rentals, and something to due with a major credit card needed in order to do it. Didn't check prices tho cause I'm still waiting to buy my Wii and don't need to be wasting money on a rental.

When I was working at Blockbuster, that sign was there to say that a CC is needed to rent Wii, PS3, and X360 games. Which seemed to piss people off.

Nikolis on
    Nklus.png
  • Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I *work* at Blockbuster, and in Canada, they do NOT rent any sort of hardware. No controllers, consoles, memory cards, etc.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The only place I still know of that rents consoles is Rogers Video up in Canada. The actual renting fee is not a bad deal at all, I did it with a 360 before I bought mine, but you do have to put down a LARGE deposit.

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png