As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Modern Warfare 2

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    well to be fair, porting a strictly multiplayer game to the ps3 is sort of a fool's game when it's also on the 360

maybe when the userbase catches up on the ps3 it won't be but as it stands right now you're going to reach a lot more people on 360

and even people with both systems who are paying for live will get it for the 360, because they're paying for it so they're sure as hell going to use it

it's a catch 22 and it heavily favors the 360, at least for the moment

The PS3 is only a few million behind now, and gaining. Worldwide that is, it's probably still selling like AIDScakes in America. Not sure how that translates into PSN and Gold accounts though.

well the other thing there is, there's gotta be a lot of overlap

and so many people will just sit there and let microsoft charge their card 7 bucks a month, and not really care, but they will recognize that they are paying for it, and thus continue to buy multiplayer games for the 360

I can't wait for a ps3 exclusive game that has multiplayer I care about, so I know there'll be a lot of people from here playing it

maybe uncharted 2 but I won't be picking that up for awhile

Why the hell don't you have Uncharted 2?

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Artreus wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »
    to read the G&T thread you'd think this game is actually going to be pretty bad

That thread is fucking hilarious.

All the PC die-hards are now adamant in their belief that the game will suck since they're being "shafted" on it.

Nah, it still looks really good

I just won't buy it for a couple years until it hits super budget price

I'm not sure you can say really good.

What is wrong with you

What the hell you were expecting?

Games are currently not technologically capable of performing oral sex

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    well to be fair, porting a strictly multiplayer game to the ps3 is sort of a fool's game when it's also on the 360

maybe when the userbase catches up on the ps3 it won't be but as it stands right now you're going to reach a lot more people on 360

and even people with both systems who are paying for live will get it for the 360, because they're paying for it so they're sure as hell going to use it

The PS3 is only a few million behind now, and gaining. Worldwide that is, it's probably still selling like AIDScakes in America. Not sure how that translates into PSN and Gold accounts though.

and so many people will just sit there and let microsoft charge their card 7 bucks a month, and not really care, but they will recognize that they are paying for it, and thus continue to buy multiplayer games for the 360

I can't wait for a ps3 exclusive game that has multiplayer I care about, so I know there'll be a lot of people from here playing it

Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010, Tekken 6, Dragon Age: Origins, GTA IV Episodes, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast, God Of War Collection

that's why

I want Forza Motorsport 3 too but I just ain't got enough goddamned money for everything

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    also I haven't played the first Uncharted yet. I will soon though.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Artreus wrote: »
    to read the G&T thread you'd think this game is actually going to be pretty bad

That thread is fucking hilarious.

All the PC die-hards are now adamant in their belief that the game will suck since they're being "shafted" on it.

Nah, it still looks really good

I just won't buy it for a couple years until it hits super budget price

I'm not sure you can say really good.

What is wrong with you

What the hell you were expecting?

Games are currently not technologically capable of performing oral sex

Seriously

Everything I've seen of the single player and even the multi game design looks great

Aside from the technical bullshit on the PC it looks like a pretty great game

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010, Tekken 6, Dragon Age: Origins, GTA IV Episodes, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast, God Of War Collection

that's why

I want Forza Motorsport 3 too but I just ain't got enough goddamned money for everything

Uncharted 2 is much much better than half of those games at least.

But I guess if adventure gaming isn't your thing it makes sense.

Also tunbreakable: loloralsex. As much as we like to make fun of the neckbeards, and as vitriolic as tycho got, the PC version got fucked with quite a bit. Also the story got dumb, if what half of Pharezon said is true. It basically looks like IW got really full of and confident in themselves and went a bit too far.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I recognize Uncharted 2's quality over many of those games, but those games are all in genres I have way more interest in than 3rd person adventure

also 2 of them are 40 bucks, and again, money

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    The story looks great

But then I like retarded action movie stories

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    This is actually the first time I'm not buying a PC game because rage.

And maybe that makes me kind of neckbeardy, but I mean - I've got so many games I want to buy as it is. This just got bumped way down the list for various reasons.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    The story looks great

This, right here.

I think COD4 took semi-realistic modern warfare as far as it was going to go.

Modern Warfare 2 looks like Tom Clancy mixed with Red Dawn.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Also Bad Company 2 looks like it will be a fantastic multiplayer PC game.

I am all kinds of looking forward to that one.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    The story looks great

This, right here.

I think COD4 took semi-realistic modern warfare as far as it was going to go.

Modern Warfare 2 looks like Tom Clancy mixed with Red Dawn.

Also throwing knives and snowmobile chases and space stations

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Kind of funny that in the wake of all this MW2 stuff, PC gamers are now looking towards the sequel of a console exclusive as their last bastion of PC multiplayer hope.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    vsove wrote: »
    Also Bad Company 2 looks like it will be a fantastic multiplayer PC game.

I am all kinds of looking forward to that one.

Bad Company 2 is being released on PC?

Man I am so behind the times
    Kind of funny that in the wake of all this MW2 stuff, PC gamers are now looking towards the sequel of a console exclusive as their last bastion of PC multiplayer hope.

IRONY!

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    you know, I realize if you're playing a game on PC you expect a certain feature set

but don't get all entitled about it. just don't buy the game. that's the only message you can send. pirating it won't help, doing silly boycotts won't help, just do not give them your money

if all the pc gamers who are this enraged over the lack of these featured do not buy the game, that will be a significant notice to them

and if they fail to realize that it's because they took out these features rather than PC GAMING IS DEAD, well, they're dumb.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh man the snow mission.

I wasn't that into this game till I watched it. amazing

101 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm not getting all entitled and pissed off though. Just kind of disappointed because it isn't gonna be what I thought it would. I was looking forward to this one a lot because I never had CoD4 for the PC because I'd bought it on the PS3, which nobody else has. So this was going to be my big PC gaming thing.

Also yeah shoe, it is pretty reasonable to not have Uncharted 2 way up high on your list if you like those other genres a lot more. I am looking forward to the god of war collection myself, never played 2

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I paid for Modern Warfare 2, Assassin's Creed II and God of War Collection yesterday.

I'm not even sure which one I'm looking forward to most.

MW2 seems like it'll have a crazy-awesome campaign, but that's one playthrough at best, and then the multiplayer will have legs.

Assassin's Creed 2 seems to have fixed all the repetitive problems of AC1, and I really dug the story and wanna see where they're going with it (especially after looking at the Achievement list).

And GoW/GoW2 were two of my favorite games from last-gen, right behind Sands of Time. In HD. With Trophies. Two Trophy sets, which means two Platinums.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Assassin's Creed 2 really will be something if it fixes the flaws of the first. I was so excited for that game before it came out.

And speaking of old games in HD, Serious Sam HD looks kind of awesome.

Artreus on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I considered ordering Demon Souls yesterday. I hear the game is ass-rapingly hard and filled with replay value, which to me is a good combination.

But I'm seriously limiting my game purchases, and there's other stuff I want to buy on the horizon.

So it's like Sophie's Choice.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    probably picking this up, i haven't gotten a new game in a long time

my live is silver right now but i'll buy a monthly for it (i'll be gone for january so)

tag is FariCommie

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    has anyone else played the god of war III demo

it's pretty easy to get, just pre-order the game off amazon

they don't charge you til it ships and you can cancel it pretty much any time you want

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I've been throwing money around too much lately and I might be running out of it soon, which would be bad.

If I had surplus money though, Demon Souls would be on the menu.

Artreus on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    the worst thing is, all these games I'm acquiring are taking a serious back seat to Dragon Age

and it's likely that might continue for quite some time

possibly til the end of January when FUCK MASS EFFECT 2 COMES OUT FUCK

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    has anyone else played the god of war III demo

it's pretty easy to get, just pre-order the game off amazon

they don't charge you til it ships and you can cancel it pretty much any time you want

Yes

Oh God yes.

The violence was just unreal.

I mean, nothing mind-blowing gameplay-wise (in the demo), it's God of War in HD, but I'm pretty sure that's one of the few things I need in life.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    gj sack

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

what

Fuga on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    the worst thing is, all these games I'm acquiring are taking a serious back seat to Dragon Age

and it's likely that might continue for quite some time

possibly til the end of January when FUCK MASS EFFECT 2 COMES OUT FUCK

Seriously. For some reason when I am not playing it, my attitude is "meh, I'll get around to it in a minute".

Then after I start playing it, it is 6 hours later and past time to go to bed but I don't care

Artreus on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Fuga wrote: »

what

For companies not devoted to that platform, anyways. Obviously this doesn't apply to Valve and such, I meant moreso for people that rely on consoles for the true profits (such as Activision and EA).

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I just find it amusing when people need to declare PC GAMING IS DEEAAAD (besides Shoe, he just does it because it is funny).

Sure, the real money is in consoles right now but there are still a shit ton of PC games to play. Why don't you go play them instead of complaining about how dead PC gaming is.

Artreus on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Basically as long as STALKER games are being released for the PC, PC gaming will never die.

Also, Europe likes PC gaming a lot.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    Fuck. I'm not so much irritated that the PC game is lacking dedicated servers or whatever, but rather that they priced it the same as the console games instead of $10 cheaper like they always do.

Bloo a bloo bloo

Doc on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    $10 more expensive than usual while making it a bit worse. Woo.

edit: I will probably buy it anyway. Sure I am bummed and wish they wouldn't have done these things, but there is still hope the single player campaign will be fun, and the multiplayer can't be *that* bad.

Artreus on
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

what

For companies not devoted to that platform, anyways. Obviously this doesn't apply to Valve and such, I meant moreso for people that rely on consoles for the true profits (such as Activision and EA).

Are you talking about Bad Company 2?

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm going to start this rumor now
    Hey, I herd MW2 has Taliban Zombies in it.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    holy fuck you guys I just heard that mechwarrior 2 has zombie tasha yar in it

Brolo on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Pharezon wrote: »

what

Yes?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Taliban Zombies is really going to be the best thing in the world

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Pharezon wrote: »

what

Yes?

Battlefield started on the Pc though

Artreus on
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Doc wrote: »
    Fuck. I'm not so much irritated that the PC game is lacking dedicated servers or whatever, but rather that they priced it the same as the console games instead of $10 cheaper like they always do.

Bloo a bloo bloo

The mw dedicated servers thing came up when some UBS guy asked about it on Activision Blizzards 3q conference call

They pretty much said that they think dedicated servers make a poor experience for players.

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
This discussion has been closed.