As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wii/DS Connectivity and Reviving and Older PC

SoonerManSoonerMan Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Games and Technology
I have acquired a few things from my grandmother that she has since replaced. I have a Linksys Wireless-G 2.4 GHz 802.11g router and an adaptor to go with it. Now I don't have any games to test this out with (don't have a Wii yet, none of my DS games are online compatiblle), but how can I test to see if this would work? I know there's a list of compatible ones, but can't recall where it is.

Also, with this I got an older PC. Pentium III, Windows 98 (with a "bought" copy of Windows XP.) I want to get it to where I can do some video editing on it (installed a IEEE 1394 card just a minute ago) and notice it doesn't have but one USB port. Well I'll be using the Firewire ports for the editing, but the lack of USB (I don't even think they're 2.0 ports) bothers me. So I see on NewEgg these may run me about $50. What else? I've heard/seen cheap copies of legitimate Windows XP, but I'm not sure if there's any catch with these after buying reported OEM parts for my RAZR to be told they're after market (still used them.) I just need it to run decently for a while, I'm sure I'll get something a little more substantial when I go off to college but just want to mess around with this one.

Rah, Oklahoma! Rah, Oklahoma! Rah, Oklahoma~! O-K-U!
SoonerMan on

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    The only one you'd have to worry about is the DS, I think. The Wii is pretty damned compatible with a lot of routers...so I hear.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Brain. Asploding.

Esh on
  • Options
    SoonerManSoonerMan Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Ok, now I need help with connecting the computer in my room (the one I'm on now) to the one in the living room. I plugged my flash drive into this computer to load the network settings to be told to manually put them in. Problem? I don't know where to manually put them in.

SoonerMan on
    Rah, Oklahoma! Rah, Oklahoma! Rah, Oklahoma~! O-K-U!