As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SOLVED! iTunes purchased music

mr-razzcocksmr-razzcocks Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
SOLVED!

The whole thing was very painless. On the Apple site, there's an option to speak to a customer service representative through a chat thingy. Very friendly and all. Brought up my account, explained that there's a couple of things I purchased that are no longer available, and set it to redownload my lost purchases. Even had a couple of iPod games from yonks ago that i forgot about.

mr-razzcocks on

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    iTunes should remember your purchased music/apps/etc so long as you're using the same account. You may need to "activate" the computer (it's an option in iTunes).

Unfortunately, not at my home computer, so I can't open iTunes to look around and give you more useful info.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    When this happened to my husband he was SOL. iTunes does not keep your sales history and doesn't allow for re-downloads.

*edit - per this random internet post you can ask Apple very, very nicely and they may help you out. http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?topic=48112.0

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    MalyonsusMalyonsus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Sometimes if you let Apple tech support know that you accidentally deleted your purchased music, they'll remind you to always keep a backup and then allow you to redownload your music once, or so the internet tells me.

Malyonsus on
  • Options
    Jason00Jason00 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    If you have any of the songs you paid for on an iPod, they will transfer back to your library when you plug the iPod in. I'm pretty sure there is no way to recover anything else though.

Jason00 on
  • Options
    RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Official Apple policy: you only get to download the music once, so back it up dummy.

Unofficial Apple policy: well, just this once, you can download your stuff again.

Now, I'm not sure how this works now that all music comes without copy protection and at a higher quality. I'm sure they don't want people "accidentally" losing all their own music so that they can upgrade for free. Can't hurt to call Apple and beg, I guess.

RUNN1NGMAN on
This discussion has been closed.