As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Exalted] Tomb of 5 Corners one-shot recruitment

SevorakSevorak Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in Critical Failures
Exalted is a game of epic fantasy. In Exalted, your stories involve people who were heroic in their mortal lives, and were chosen by the one of the Celestial Incarna to channel Essence, rising above the greatest of men. This is a story-game of over-the-top action, world-shaping intrigue, and vast landscapes populated by exotic cultures. In this world, Exalts tower over mortals as larger-than-life heroes. Exalts may decimate armies, overthrow governments, create wonders surpassing anything Creation has ever seen…but darkness lives alongside this brilliance. The Great Curse of the Primordials eats at their reason, twisting their virtues and passions into excess and insanity. They struggle on to shape their world, either to save it from itself or one of the many horrors that lie beyond, or to bring Creation to a final cataclysm.

Sound interesting? Then read on! This here is a recruitment thread for an Exalted one shot. The story I will be running is White Wolf's introductory adventure for Exalted called Return to the Tomb of 5 Corners (it's not a sequel, but the second edition version of the Tomb of 5 Corners). You can find a pdf containing the rules and premade characters sheets on White Wolf's site. It also contains the adventure itself, but don't read it! At least, not if you have any interest in joining this game. For those who have played the first edition of the story, the newer one is significantly different, so you can't read it either! Read the "World of Exalted" chapter, and then stop! No peeking! The characters sheets are buried in the adventure chapter as well as on the page I linked earlier.

I'm considering trying this out on Google Wave if enough players are interested. If you don't have it, check out this thread for info and instructions on how it get an invite.

The adventure needs four players. INNS has expressed interest, so if he's (?) still interested we need three more. If you're interested, respond with what character you'd like to play.

steam_sig.png 3DS: 0748-2282-4229
Sevorak on

• Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'd be interested in a one-shot exalted game like this. Of the four, I'd prefer to play Rinan, though I could do any of them.

What are the options for playing? Will this be PbP or some sort of live game, either in Google Wave or in IRC?

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Most likely pbp, with live sessions for combat if it's feasible. I'm in GMT -8, so most of the times I'm free will be late for a lot of people, but weekends are game.

Sevorak on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    PST ain't so bad for most of us.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'd also like to use the Defend Other action found in the Exalted errata, because it's dumb that it wasn't in the game from the start and it makes combat sorcery easier.

Text of the action in the spoiler:
    Without Charms, defending another individual is a Speed 5, DV -1 Miscellaneous action. It requires that the character be within (Dexterity) yards of his ward, and allows him to interpose his Parry DV against attacks which target the individual he is protecting. If an attacker bypasses the character’s Parry DV, she has the option of either letting the attack continue on to the guardian’s ward (in which case the attack will need to use its remaining successes to also beat the ward’s DVs), or she may simply let the attack strike the guardian himself. Parry-based perfect defenses such as Heavenly Guardian Defense may be used to automatically guard others, while dodge-based perfect defenses such as Seven Shadow Evasion do not impede attacks against the character's ward at all. Only one Defend Other action may be placed in a flurry.

If multiple characters attempt to defend a single target, one guardian (generally the individual with the highest Parry DV) becomes the leader of the guard, who actually applies his DV against attacks. Each additional character guarding the same ward raises the leader's Parry DV by 1 when defending the ward. Up to five characters may simultaneously guard one human-sized ward on open ground.

Sevorak on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I've read the module, so I won't jump in and play, but if you need any STing help, give me a shout.

Rainfall on