Options

Word 2007: Fill in the blank forms/templates?

ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write.Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
At an old job, they had forms that you could open, certain parts of which were untouchable, and the rest fillable. An example would be an invoice, where the date could be changed, the description, quantity, cost, etc lines could be changed, but the rest couldn't be touched.

I'm trying to do the same thing for my small business, but I don't know how they did it, and if they were able to do this using only Word.

Any thoughts? Do I need a 3rd party program, or can I do this in Word? If so, how?

Is anything more I can add to make the question(s) more clear?

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
PwH4Ipj.jpg
ResIpsaLoquitur on

• Options
    PirateJonPirateJon Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The term is "fillable form". Word 2007 instructions:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA100307461033.aspx

If you can buy a copy of Adobe Acrobat, you'll be a lot happier. It's the market leader in that space.

PirateJon on
    all perfectionists are mediocre in their own eyes
  • Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    PirateJon wrote: »
    The term is "fillable form". Word 2007 instructions:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA100307461033.aspx

If you can buy a copy of Adobe Acrobat, you'll be a lot happier. It's the market leader in that space.

I may go that route. In my case, though, I still have a decent amount of composition and non-default formatting in some of those blanks, so I like having Word for those issues.

ResIpsaLoquitur on
    League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    PirateJonPirateJon Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Glad that will work for you then.

I don't do content myself, but I know adobe does free trials and that most content-types swear by (and at) adobe.

PirateJon on
    all perfectionists are mediocre in their own eyes