I just moved into a new home this past month and haven't been able to get my computer to start.
When I start my computer and it gets to the loading windows screen everything seems fine, then when the screen vanishes and the windows login screen should appear it just shuts down.
I kept trying and eventually I blew the power to all the outlets in half of the house. Now i'm not sure if this is because it's a power supply unit issue or the house in this particular room can't support my computer.
I have a big screen tv, surround sound, dvd player, xbox 360 and 8mm player all plugged in at a different part of the house working fine.
Should I try moving my pc to different parts of the house and testing it or just order a new psu?
That's not normal in any way, shape, or form. I imagine you have a wiring fault somewhere - either in the house involving that outlet, or the PSU itself is faulty. Move it to a new area and try again; if it works, you have a wiring fault in that outlet. If it doesn't, then replace the PSU and be wary of that outlet because it may have killed it.
Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.