Options

[Mini-Phalla] Telephone - Bad Students win, Epic failure all around

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Well, I mean, I'm not claiming to be the worst seer ever, but I've probably got the current record for worst seer ever.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My votes don't count? :(

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Kay wrote: »
    Why didn't any of my damned word-changes go through? I made vote-close tonight, too!

adventfalls protected the word.

I assumed it was because he kept suggesting "wang", up until tonight when he suggested the molestation of "children".

Minor Second: Ha, yeah.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Well, I mean, I'm not claiming to be the worst seer ever, but I've probably got the current record for worst seer ever.

Wrong. I never saw anything worth seeing in Steampunk except Day 1, when Kime ended up being a thief.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Zandracon, adventfalls, kime, garroad_ran, shalmelo, arivia, kay, tiphareth

Probably two mafia in this list.
    1. Zandracon
    3. adventfalls
    4. Kime
    5. lonelyahava
    6. jdarksun

Zandracon, adventfalls and kime all appear on both lists.

Fuuuuuck youuu Robos!

Hehe.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    Minor SecondMinor Second Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    4 out of 5

grrrrrrr!

Minor Second on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oho

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    i seered all of the villagers and half of the neutrals out of that list, which makes it even funnier.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Newblar wrote: »
    Vote ties will not be handled by RNG, trickledown or everyone dying and that’s all I'll say on that.

Ha ha that's a good way of saying "Fuck you all, I'll do whatever I want"

Kays vote did not count, had it counted, Newblar would have double died which would have still been a loss since the village only had 1 kill.

Yesterday, the village still had their vig, DUE, who didn't submit orders... their seer, Lucedes, who seered nothing but good guys all game long.... the guard, Kias, (yes I lied, it was my way of balancing out 5 mafia with 2 kills by assuming that they may waste them) who forgot to send in orders when the village had a network head and didn't send anything in tonight.... the role blocker, Gonmun.... a vanillager and a neutral....

so it was still possible although highly unlikly for the village to win in the last day..... had their vig submitted orders or if they had voted out a mafia.....

heck, the only reason that zandracon and Arivia died was DUE TO INACTIVITY. WHICH WAS A COMMON THEME FROM DAY 2 ON.

Alright, so i guess the fluctuating kills were due to DUE being a flake and that time the Mafia forgot to send in kills for the night.

Also, I'm glad to hear that Zandracon didn't die because of a Bus Driver protecting Advent, which is what I thought happened.

Sorry the players weren't more attentive, Duna. For those of us who were playing, though, it was pretty fun and a pretty good ending. I like the concept a lot, and really the only thing I didn't like was the roles. I still don't really get what the Good Student, Normal Student, Teacher's Pet distinction was for.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    And I finally won, yaaaayyyy.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, Minor Second's list scared the shit out of me, right up until nobody listened. :P

There was inactivity fail all over the place on both sides in this game. On the mafia proboards we discussed possible kills for much of the day on day 2, then totally forgot to actually submit the orders. Then after a few days all the conversation dried up and it was fairly easy to steer things without being too overt.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Zandracon - bad student - could change 1 word personally, 2 kills and a roleblock as a group
    simonwolf - Normal Student - could 'concentrate' on one word
    adventfalls - Normal Student - could 'concentrate' on one word
    Kime - Class clown - could change 1 word personally and add 1 word as a team
    lonelyahava - Class clown - could change 1 word personally and add 1 word as a team

jdarksun - Teacher's Pet - Vigilante
    garroad_ran - Good Student - prevented the person to the left of him in the order from changing the phrase
    shalmelo - bad student - could change 1 word personally, 2 kills and a roleblock as a group
    LoserForHireX - Good Student - prevented the person to the right of him in the order from changing the phrase
    Arivia - bad student - could change 1 word personally, 2 kills and a roleblock as a group
    Kay - bad student - could change 1 word personally, 2 kills and a roleblock as a group

Tiphareth - Dynamic Duo - could change 1 word personally and delete 1 word as a team
    Daius - Good Student - Change Seer - could target 1 person to see if they changed the phrase
    Minor Second - Normal Student - could 'concentrate' on one word
    kias - Teacher's Pet - Guard
    Lucedes - Teacher's Pet - Seer

Robos A Go Go - bad student - could change 1 word personally, 2 kills and a roleblock as a group
    Newblar - Dynamic Duo - could change 1 word personally and delete 1 word as a team
    Gonmun - Teacher's Pet - Role Blocker
    TrueNeverBorn - Good Student - could switch 2 people's place in the order
    Wildcat - Normal Student - could 'concentrate' on one word
    Ringo - Teachers pet - Overall Change seer. Got an entire list of the changes that happened each night but not in the order they worked and not who did them
    DasUberEdward - Good Student - Backup, replaced the Vig/seer/change seer if they died
    Jason Todd - Normal Student - could 'concentrate' on one word
    samurai6966 - Normal Student - could 'concentrate' on one word

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Zandracon opened 'em. I had nothing to do with the proboards! Honest!

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009

9PM is not before 9PM.

however the result is the same since even though you wouldn't have outnumbered them, there would be nothing they could have done to win so I woulda ended it tonight anyway.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So we got screwed because being a Pet or a Good Student had nothing to do with actual roles.

ASSUME NOTHING!

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Thanks for running Duna! Although I'm not really sure how we were supposed to win, but it was fun nonetheless :P.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    What were the win conditions?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

9PM is not before 9PM.

however the result is the same since even though you wouldn't have outnumbered them, there would be nothing they could have done to win so I woulda ended it tonight anyway.

Weird, I posted in this thread first, and got in a minute before the hour on the proboard order list, I'm sure. Ah well, no harm done.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    For Class Clowns:
    Dunadan019 wrote:
    You win and exit the game when the ending phrase is: “The Class Clowns have taken over the town”

You lose if your rivals, The Dynamic Duo, complete their phrase.

Minor win if you eliminate your rivals before you get eliminated.

So we had two people, no kills, and were 2 of nine people that could change words (ignoring word-seering, deleting words, protecting words, etc). So screwed :lol:.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    yeah, the class clowns were screwed way before i outed ahava.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    kime wrote: »
    For Class Clowns:
    Dunadan019 wrote:
    You win and exit the game when the ending phrase is: “The Class Clowns have taken over the town”

So we had two people, no kills, and were 2 of nine people that could change words (ignoring word-seering, deleting words, protecting words, etc). So screwed :lol:.

Wow, that is tough. Best chance would have been to get in touch with the mafia and try to work with us, but I don't think any of us were revealed until after both class clowns were dead...

shalmelo on
  • Options
    NewblarNewblar Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    For Class Clowns:
    Dunadan019 wrote:

Yeah I was trying to figure out how we could get our phrase as the Dynamic Duo and to be honest I'm not sure it was possible.

Thanks for running Duna.

Newblar on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Unless the game would have continued after the village won, that seems impossible.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Thanks for running Duna! Although I'm not really sure how we were supposed to win, but it was fun nonetheless :P.

yeah I knew this was going to come up.

first off.

THE VILLAGE WAS NEVER SUPPOSED TO WIN BY PREVENTING THE PHRASE FROM CHANGING.

I wanted to make a game that had the basis of an almost vanilla game but with an interesting thing for each person to do. so I thought at first about a madlib phalla but that was too involved. so I came up with the telephone Idea figuring that people would be interested in changing each word to penis to see what the phrase would come out as (penis penis penis penis penis penis, I guess...).

The villages overall goal was to take out the mafia of course but if the mafia were the only ones driving the word changes, I couldn't add in blocking abilities to the phrase since It might mean the game ends when there are tons of mafia left (which it still almost did)

so I came up with 2 neutral factions that were aligned against each other. of course their major win said to change the phrase to something that's in each of their role PMs but I never expected them to do that. their only win condition was really to kill each other first. had you both tied at the end, you would have both won.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Oh duna, you rapscallion.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    similarly, if the village had eliminated the mafia, the game would be over with a village win regardless of if the phrase changed or not.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I also wanted to see exactly how much inactivity you get if you don't prompt people to vote or remind them to send in orders since that was a major pain in the ass in the other minis I ran....

It seems that without constant prodding, nobody even bothers to send in orders.....

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    The next step in the experiment should be a phalla that rewards inactivity. 2 posts a day, max, everyone posts in haiku, and abilities become stronger every day you don't use them.

Just kidding. That would be terrible.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    The next step in the experiment should be a phalla that rewards inactivity. 2 posts a day, max, everyone posts in haiku, and abilities become stronger every day you don't use them.

Just kidding. That would be terrible.

silence of the phalla.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You blew it up!

Damn you Robos! Vengeance shall be mine!

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    On the bright side, kias doesn't have to feel bad about revealing the Guard and the Seer, though this is the second game his misguided actions have forced a seer to out himself. :P

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So, had I not been involved in watching a basketball game, I would've named both Kime and lonelyahava as my killers, because it was obvious that they had not bothered to pass on my Seering.

I also would've outed myself as a seer.

This is all doubly funny because 1) I managed to contact two people of the same damn faction and 2) I was killed by a vig. My planned, "If I'm dead - these are the two people responsible" speech would've implicated them when my death was actually DUE's fault.

So, sorry Phalla - my bad. Of course, if I had realized I was going to be distracted during vote close I wouldn't have contacted anyone and still would've been executed by DUE so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Well, Lucedes, I owe you a cookie... maybe even an entire pie.

Sorry all around, though my biggest F-up was not guarding Daius. I didn't send in my order tonight because I was already running late to head out and I figured if I was right or wrong, I would still be dead. And I had no idea who was who.

Thanks for running the game though Duna, it was interesting despite the new level of fail I found here.

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited December 2009
    s'okay, kias, i'm just going to vote for you in the next one and call it even.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    so I came up with 2 neutral factions that were aligned against each other. of course their major win said to change the phrase to something that's in each of their role PMs but I never expected them to do that. their only win condition was really to kill each other first. had you both tied at the end, you would have both won.

Eh, I guess that's an interesting idea, but I don't particularly like it. No biggie though!
    Ringo wrote: »
    So, had I not been involved in watching a basketball game, I would've named both Kime and lonelyahava as my killers, because it was obvious that they had not bothered to pass on my Seering.

I'm not going to lie, I didn't really know what the heck you were talking about, besides giving a seemingly random list of words that you said were changed, all in some weird poetic form. That's why, you know, I sent you a PM back asking what you meant by anything, but then you never got back to me :(.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    shalmelo gets a double dose of grudge for killing me on night 1 the second time in a row!

fun game though. ;)

When did I kill you on Day 1 before? Last time I was mafia was in Daius's minimalist phalla, and we killed Simonwolf and Samurai Day 1.

Do you mean in the Mega Man game? Because I haven't even been reading that. I just wanted you dead because you usually do good analysis.

**shrug**

shalmelo on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dingo,

You scared the living bejesus outta me with that PM. I had no idea what you were talking about, and that you pmed both me and kime made me ridiculously paranoid.

Thanks for running Duna.

Sorry for the low activity and not really figuring this out at all.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Eh, I guess that's an interesting idea, but I don't particularly like it. No biggie though!

I agree

it needs.... tweaking.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I had no idea what I was doing. I am so sorry.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    am I on the list?

Dunadan019 on