As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Modern Warfare 2 Stat reset?

blakfeldblakfeld Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So, I purchased Modern Warfare 2 for xbox 360 the other day. I also have a roommate who used my gamertag to go and achieve every reward in multiplayer. Effectively ruining any sense of gain from the multiplayer for me. So, I need to figure out how to erase all the Multiplayer stats, preferably without erasing my single player game. Any ideas? My google fu is weak.

Thanks

blakfeld on

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Make a new Gamertag? If you can do that.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    DasBootDasBoot Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Couldn't you just go in and erase the MW2 save file from the HDD? I'd think that would be the fastest way to start over.

DasBoot on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My Little Game Blog - http://profundospielen.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I had two friends who actually had to take their games and lock them up because their third roommate was such a dick about stuff like that.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    ink4n3ink4n3 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I think the only way may be making a new gamertag. I don't think deleting data off the HDD would get rid of your online stats. How long was your roommate playing to achieve every award?

ink4n3 on
  • Options
    Durandal InfinityDurandal Infinity Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I guess play it through till prestige and opt to do that. Effectively nullifying your MP achievements and starting you at ground 0

Durandal Infinity on
  • Options
    ascannerlightlyascannerlightly Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    tell your roommate to get his own gamertag or get his own 360 (which will force him to get his own gamertag anyway).

ascannerlightly on
    armedroberty.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    tell your roommate to get his own gamertag or get his own 360 (which will force him to get his own gamertag anyway).

Thats the current plan. Its infuriating. It's so frustrating to have him flushed 70% of my 60 bucks down the drain like that.

And so far he alone has clocked in 32 straight hours.

I'd really like to avoid making a new gamertag, as I'm sure is the case with all of you, I've had my handle for so long its become a part of who I am. Fuck. I may try deleting it and seeing what that does

blakfeld on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'd like to think that you paid for more than just a stat bar to fill up...

As far as the new gamertag, you could always use a very similar name. blaakfeld. blakfeeld. blakfeld1.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'd like to think that you paid for more than just a stat bar to fill up...

As far as the new gamertag, you could always use a very similar name. blaakfeld. blakfeeld. blakfeld1.

I did, and it is still fun, but still, it would have been nice to achieve something, eh? It's like an RPG, I enjoy the story, I like playing it through till the end, but half the fun is honing together the perfect team to beat that final villian

blakfeld on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Get a memory card, put your profile on it, take it out when you're not using it. Make him make his own because yours is inaccessible.

If not, and if he's using your account to play on Live that much, he should probably be contributing to the cost.

EDIT: There's also a password function on the 360 for Live that you can set up in the Guide somewhere. As to erasing your current progress, I'm not sure that's possible other than prestiging. Hell, if you wanted, you could wait until he gets to Prestige level and start there, although I'm not sure how that would work with skill-based Matchmaking.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    Stats are stored on Live, so the only thing you can do is prestige, and chew his ass out for doing that.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    your problem here is your roommate helping himself to your stuff from the sound of it. Hogging something you paid for for the first 32 hours its played is BS, and that time being sequential is probably actually dangerous for his mind grapes or optic nerves or something. Squirt him with water like a bad kitty and tell him the game has to go bye-bye for a while.

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    your problem here is your roommate helping himself to your stuff from the sound of it. Hogging something you paid for for the first 32 hours its played is BS, and that time being sequential is probably actually dangerous for his mind grapes or optic nerves or something. Squirt him with water like a bad kitty and tell him the game has to go bye-bye for a while.

Ha, best idea I've heard so far

Thanks guys, I was hoping there was a better solution, if for no other reason then I'm not very good, and hate getting my ass handed to me by everyone who worked their way up to level whatever. Well, he comes back into town Monday, and on top of that my other roommate who has the cable bill in his name got a second "We know you're downloading illegal stuff, stop it" letter from Verizon yesterday, and neither of us care enough to mess around with torrenting.

blakfeld on
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    in mw2 your level doesn't influence matchmaking that much. It's not like halo where you play people of the same xp. Or if it is, the system only uses it as a tertiary criteria.

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    in mw2 your level doesn't influence matchmaking that much. It's not like halo where you play people of the same xp. Or if it is, the system only uses it as a tertiary criteria.

Both of them use Trueskill, CoD just hides it and shows just the EXP. Halo also just uses Trueskill, the EXP is meaningless.

If his friend has won a lot (especially playing for 38 hours straight) he probably has gotten his invisible Trueskill all jacked up really high.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »

Both of them use Trueskill, CoD just hides it and shows just the EXP. Halo also just uses Trueskill, the EXP is meaningless.

If his friend has won a lot (especially playing for 38 hours straight) he probably has gotten his invisible Trueskill all jacked up really high.

Well I'm famously terrible at FPSes and I'm routinely thrown into modern warfare lobbies with guys who have a rank 40,50,60 to my 30 something. . . maybe they suck and ground that xp out playing headquarters...

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Usually seperate playlists have seperate trueskill rankings

so yes, they can just grind exp in other ones and then go beat up on people for a bit in another playlist before the system figures them out

FyreWulff on