As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ipod troubles

Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
edited November 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I have an 80 gig ipod that I have for about a year and never had any real problems with it until today. For whatever reason I will start playing an album and it will stop two songs in on every album I have tried so far. I have not made any changed to it and the only thing I have done to it in the past month is play music and plug it into my netbook that does not have itunes installed.

Fizban140 on

• Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    What does it do when it stops? Powers down or just stops playing? What happens if, say, auto repeat is on? Does it start again from the beginning of the album? what happens if you choose to start playing from a track in the middle of an album? What happens if you just play the whole library on shuffle? How do you manage your music on it, another computer with iTunes? Have you searched the apple support pages for similar problems?

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    When it stops it goes to the next song and just sits there, for at least 10 minutes since that was as long as I waited. It will just sit a te start of the song until I hit play, then it will start playing but stop at the start of the song two after.

I have not tried auto repeat yet, if I start in the middle of the album it will play two song then stop. I manage the music with my computer that I shipped to Korea and will not have for another two months, it had itunes on it and the whole music library. Apple support had similar problems but nothing the same.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    Check the settings on the iPod. I know they had things like being able to set it so it only played 30secs of each song. It's not impossible that it has a setting like "play x songs then pause".

Also try obvious things like restarting the iPod. Although it might just need resynced with the library on the computer.

Szechuanosaurus on