As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bloody Facebook - Stop yourself from being tagged?

carl_rogerscarl_rogers Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I keep getting tagged in photos on facebook. Is there a way to stop being tagged ? I know i can 'un-tag' myself, but thats a pain in the arse.

I dont like the idea that everyone on my list gets alerts on every bloody photo ive been in.

carl_rogers on

• Options
    4U2NV4U2NV Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    There isn't a way to stop people from tagging you in photos. And looking over the news feed privacy options, it seems like the only way you can stop if from appearing on the news feed is by making "Photos tagged of you" private, as in only you can see it.

But that means the only pictures people can see from looking at your profile are your profile pictures.

4U2NV on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Delete your Facebook profile. Unfriending the people tagging you might remove the notifications for everyone else.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    Delete your Facebook profile / tell your friends to stop tagging you in pictures

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    http://www.hellofacebook.com/search/label/10%20things%20to%20know%20about%20Facebook

scroll down to option 4. I would have just told you how but posting on my phone.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    That won't stop him from being tagged, it will just keep his friends from being able to see the photos. Unless, of course, they're friends with anyone else in the photo.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    It won't stop him being tagged but it will stop people seeing tagged pictures of him before he can untag them won't it?

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    adejaanadejaan Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I wondered about this a few weeks back. Apparently the 'approve tag' option used to exist on Facebook when it first began, but was removed and they won't bring it back. I wish they would.

Although, once you untag yourself from a picture you can't be re-tagged, so there's that.

adejaan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]