As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

4 police shot dead in coffee shop near seattle

• Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    Khavall wrote: »
    Lockout wrote: »
    I love police officers

when I see one I just wanna be like, hey dog thanks for watchin out for me

doin real good

One night at the end of a party that was like, an hour walk from my house, I was on the phone trying to get a cab to go home because I was in no shape to walk all the goddamn way after that party.

After 10 minutes of trying, a cop came over, asked if I was ok, and when I said I was fine, just trying to get a taxi, he gave me a ride home.

I am a fan of that cop.

One of my friends got blackout drunk in this small little town where a friend's dad owns a cabin. They have one taxi cab and one driver.

We all went to the bars to party one night, and he kind of disappeared. We got back at 2am, and he was nowhere to be seen. When we woke up, he was passed out on the floor. Eventually he came to, and he said he got a cab ride back. Upon going out again the next night, the cab driver said that she remembered getting the call, and she remembered hanging up on my friend because he wasn't making any sense, and not giving him a ride. But his wallet was short the $12 fare, so we were trying to piece it together.

As best we can tell, he got a ride home from the cops, thought it was the taxi because of the red radio lights that look like a fare meter, and shoved $12 into their hands for the ride.

Doc on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So Pip, are you arguing that the use of the bean bag was legal, permissible, or necessary/ideal?

TL DR on
  • Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Balefuego wrote: »
    the thing I don't get about Lady Gaga is from videos like that it's clear she actually has a good voice yet the actual songs I've heard by her are all ridiculously over produced and feature minimal real singing if any at all.

it sells well to that group of people

natek on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited November 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    FirmSkater wrote: »
    I bet if I even punched a 12 year old I felt was threatening to me I would go to prison, lets just leave the whole point blank bean bag shotgun out of it.

yeah oranges are pretty good but apples are the superior fruit

I really, really hate when people quote a post and just say "you are dumb" but I think I now understand why they do it.

Seriously though a cop should be subject to the same laws as you or me.

There were two officers, and one twelve year old girl. Would you really say that one guy holding her down while another guy shoots her point blank with a bean bag shotgun was the best way to go?

no

Okay I will concede that some stuff they should be able to bypass, like traffic laws and whatnot. But what about the second part?
    no because that isn't what happened

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2009/11/portland_officer_in_12-year-ol.html

12 year old girl resists arrest, one officer holds her down while she struggles against him trying to punch/scratch him, the other shoots her at point blank in the leg with a beanbag shotgun.

looks pretty much exactly what happened to me?

so she was still not actually restrained and still a threat?

gotcha

In this whole quote tree you still never answered the question I asked you in the first place.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    the thing I don't get about Lady Gaga is from videos like that it's clear she actually has a good voice yet the actual songs I've heard by her are all ridiculously over produced and feature minimal real singing if any at all.

Pop

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

She's setting herself up.

Her current stuff sells amazingly, and it sounds good even if most of it isn't because of her vocal work.

Two or three albums from now, expect a reinvention of sorts that's critically-acclaimed and plants her in the realm of soft rock/acoustic.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Someone told me that while the character of Lady Gaga is a biological hermaphrodite, Stefani Germanotta was born a woman.

Which is confusing.

this isn't true in the least

but its always hilarious to see insecure men get angry about lady gaga because SHE MIGHT BE TRANSGENDERED!!!! yucky!!!

I wasn't getting angry, and I heard this from a person who heard it from a person who heard...... it from a university course called Gender Studies.

So now I am asking the question here because se++ probably knew the answer.

unintentional on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Nogs wrote: »
    Hunter wrote: »
    Fedora wrote: »
    Somebody explain lady gaga to me.

Like, what?

Gimmicks fill the gaps where talent can't cover. See Marilyn Manson.

i dunno dude, shes got quite a voice and can play a mean piano

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM51qOpwcIM

Yes, because that's what got her into the mainstream and famous.

Oh wait no, it's shit like this.
    lady-gaga-mtv-vmas-2009-500x600.jpg

Hunter on
  • Options
    FedoraFedora Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Skull Man wrote: »
    remember in XXX when that congressmen was trying to ban violent video games and so Vin Diesel stole his car and drove it off a bridge before parachuting away

that was insane

Does this really happen?

I will see this if so

YOU JUST ENTERED THE XANDER ZONE

"Let the bodies hit the floor" is the cherry on top.

Fedora on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laIr_d0hFB8

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAd29GlCKf4

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    edited November 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    scrivenerjonesscrivenerjones Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Doc wrote: »
    I just got back to Vancouver, BC from Seattle. There was a huge sweep going on at the border, presumably to look for this guy.

so much drama in the V-B-C
    kinda hard bein a poster named D-O-C

scrivenerjones on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Run, you are fucking amazing

i'm not quite sure how you pull off doing a complete 180 on the views you espouse over the course of every thread like this

and people still don't get it

I know, right?!
    why didn't I ignore him sooner?

I keep forgetting that function exists.

Ignore lists are for pussies.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    they really are for pussies

Raneados on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    yes Nogs but if I bought an actual Lady Gaga album I would be getting a very different product from whats presented in those videos you posted

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I just got back to Vancouver, BC from Seattle. There was a huge sweep going on at the border, presumably to look for this guy.

you can't rhyme C with C

I am taking away your Degree in Phresh Beatz

Raneados on
  • Options
    policecheesepolicecheese Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Khavall wrote: »
    Lockout wrote: »
    I love police officers

when I see one I just wanna be like, hey dog thanks for watchin out for me

doin real good

One night at the end of a party that was like, an hour walk from my house, I was on the phone trying to get a cab to go home because I was in no shape to walk all the goddamn way after that party.

After 10 minutes of trying, a cop came over, asked if I was ok, and when I said I was fine, just trying to get a taxi, he gave me a ride home.

I am a fan of that cop.

One of my friends got blackout drunk in this small little town where a friend's dad owns a cabin. They have one taxi cab and one driver.

We all went to the bars to party one night, and he kind of disappeared. We got back at 2am, and he was nowhere to be seen. When we woke up, he was passed out on the floor. Eventually he came to, and he said he got a cab ride back. Upon going out again the next night, the cab driver said that she remembered getting the call, and she remembered hanging up on my friend because he wasn't making any sense, and not giving him a ride. But his wallet was short the $12 fare, so we were trying to piece it together.

As best we can tell, he got a ride home from the cops, thought it was the taxi because of the red radio lights that look like a fare meter, and shoved $12 into their hands for the ride.

I tried to do this for someone once. Except he pissed his pants halfway there, then vomitted on the way out of the cruiser. On my boots. :?

policecheese on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    doc what did you think about vancouver

It's a great place to live, a terrible place to drive.

Doc on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Someone told me that while the character of Lady Gaga is a biological hermaphrodite, Stefani Germanotta was born a woman.

Which is confusing.

but its always hilarious to see insecure men get angry about lady gaga because SHE MIGHT BE TRANSGENDERED!!!! yucky!!!

Hermaphrodite = transgendered?

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited November 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited November 2009
    archaanchel
    June 27, 2008
    (more info)
    In my opinion, this guy has realy good voice..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zueKq3z3Sk

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Raneados wrote: »

not like us hardcore forumerz

Skull Man on
  • Options
    scrivenerjonesscrivenerjones Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

you can't rhyme C with C

I am taking away your Degree in Phresh Beatz

you monster

fortunately I still have a doctorate in cold rockin' it

scrivenerjones on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    mnollmnoll Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Lady Gaga will put out what she puts out and i will listen if I like it

also yeah she's a woman, the tranny thing is just a rumor. It's just that everybody wants it to be true SO BAD

mnoll on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    doc what did you think about vancouver

It's a great place to live, a terrible place to drive.

get yourself a damn bus/train pass

they're awesome

Yeah, I use the skytrain to commute. It's just that whenever I do need to drive for whatever reason, it's terrible. I think I might be able to get it down to once a week or so.

Doc on
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I don't understand why one of those terms would be more offensive than the other.

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    edited November 2009

not like us hardcore forumerz

if you say so

skull man are you aware that you are a queer

Raneados on
  • Options
    TanolenTanolen Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    mnoll wrote: »
    Lady Gaga will put out what she puts out and i will listen if I like it

also yeah she's a woman, the tranny thing is just a rumor. It's just that everybody wants it to be true SO BAD

They have such shameful boners.

Tanolen on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So Pip, are you arguing that the use of the bean bag was legal, permissible, or necessary/ideal?

legal and permissible, yes

desirable, no

it never should have come to it, but it did

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited November 2009
    hermaphroditism is also known as "doublin' up"

Unknown User on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Butters wrote: »

Which is confusing.

no, but that is also a rumour people have spread about here

hermaphrodite is pretty awful though, the term is intersexed
    Wait, hermaphrodite is not OK? I thought itwas acceptable because it's the scientific term for having both sets of reproductive organs
    political correctness is confusing.

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Butters wrote: »

Which is confusing.

no, but that is also a rumour people have spread about here

hermaphrodite is pretty awful though, the term is intersexed

do you guys have meetings about what is and isn't okay to say

we can't say hermaphrodite anymore?

Raneados on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Zoel wrote: »
    I don't understand why one of those terms would be more offensive than the other.

I'm not sure I've come across too many hermaphroditic/intersexed individuals that I have a frame of reference for what they'd find offensive or not.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    mnollmnoll Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    policecheese you seem like good people

mnoll on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    yes Nogs but if I bought an actual Lady Gaga album I would be getting a very different product from whats presented in those videos you posted

yeah, i know what you mean

i was just trying to show an example of current work that isn't as processed that promotes her talents

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    edited November 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Zoel wrote: »

Me either. It's not like intersexed explains a rare, extremely complicated subject any further.

Butters on
This discussion has been closed.