Looking for a MP3-sync and media player.

FagadabaFagadaba Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Hello sirs and misses,

I'm in dire need of an application that plays music, movies and what not and can also synchronize my mp3 player, an YP-U3 from Samsung.

I've been manually adding music in a big Music folder on the Samsung. It takes much time to look for what I want to put versus what's already there. If I could just put everything I want in a Sync tab or something in an application and everything works automatically, that'd be swell as fuck. Maybe I want to edit the tags if they're wrong or missing stuff.

I know iTunes probably does that. Is it customizable enough for a nerd and light enough for a 4 year old computer? I'd have to try it in Foobar, any tutorials and shit to help?

For music I just use Winamp 5 with a skin I downloaded. It takes pretty long to open on bad days. Not really good at synchronizing, or maybe I haven't looked at the right place.

Fagadaba on

• VulpineVulpine Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    iTunes won't sync your MP3 player, as it's not one of those supported natively (a list consisting of a number of 2000-vintage players, the Motorola ROKR, and iPods). There might be a mass storage plugin or another application to work with that player, but it won't sync out of the box. I'm deeply fond of iTunes - it's my music application of choice - but if you don't want to do things the way Apple suggests, you may run into real or perceived problems.

From the programs you've suggested, you're running Windows, I presume? It may be worth giving Windows Media Player a look. Opinions are polarised about it, but it can't hurt to load it up and give it a play, especially considering that you've probably already got it installed.

Vulpine on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FagadabaFagadaba Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'll look up some info about iTunes to see if I can use that.

Yes I'm on windows. No I won't use Windows Media Player.

Fagadaba on
  • DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Try Songbird, check to see if there's a plug-in for your MP3 player.

DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • corky842corky842 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    DHS Odium wrote: »
    Try Songbird, check to see if there's a plug-in for your MP3 player.

It uses UMS (USB Mass Storage) instead of MTP (Media Transfer Protocol), so it acts just like a flash drive.
    Songbird should have a plugin for that. MediaMonkey is pretty nice too.

If you're looking for a media player with a fancy interface, try XBMC. It's not just for the Xbox anymore!

corky842 on
    Darmak wrote: »
    Something is wrong with me