As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

trilbies and reeboks and trenchcoats, oh no!

• Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Or you can use a Macgyver multitool.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    What am I, Office Max?

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    McCly wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I bought a dress shirt for this dinner-thing once, and didn't realize I needed cuff-links for it until minutes before.

I still haven't bought any.

In such a situation (which I've definitely been in before), you can generally improvise a decent device to at least hold your sleeves together out of a bobby pin. This of course works best if you're wearing a black shirt so you can just have it fade into the background, but it is something I've needed to do.

That is a good idea, but I sure as heck don't have bobby pins either.

Oh

Right

Sometimes I forget that I have weird things around a lot (I use them for picking locks)

I dunno ask a girl for a couple or something

Straightzi on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    this is crwth

Wholesale_ED_Hardy_Clothing_Jeans_hats_shirt.jpg

That model is not nearly hairy-armed enough to be Crwth.

If only that was the norm. Most leggings skim over and smooth bumps and lumps but some leggings are made of material that is too thin to do this and it is very unfortunate.

Leggings have been fashionable since Autumn here, I unfortunately see the latter a lot. Especially the girl I work with, but I will not say anything to her because she is twice my size and bulldozer me or something, despite her being shorter than me.

I think I could maybe work the leggings and short dress thing, my legs are okay I think, but I'm not sure I've the confidence when its this cold outside and everyone is bundled up.

Liiya on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I bought a dress shirt for this dinner-thing once, and didn't realize I needed cuff-links for it until minutes before.

In such a situation (which I've definitely been in before), you can generally improvise a decent device to at least hold your sleeves together out of a bobby pin. This of course works best if you're wearing a black shirt so you can just have it fade into the background, but it is something I've needed to do.

Oh

Right

Sometimes I forget that I have weird things around a lot (I use them for picking locks)

do girls pick locks? :O

Faricazy on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »

Oh

Right

Well I assume that's how they keep getting out of the fuzzy handcuffs!

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Oh

Right

I opened a lock in school with a hairpin/bobby pin hidden behind my tie when my class and I were locked outside in the cold. Probably a dodgy lock, but still.

Liiya on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Sheri wrote: »
    Oh wait

ZIPLOCK

HOW DID IT GO WITH THE STUFF

Oh, right!

She loves the hell out of them! You nailed the colors and the hat style works perfectly!

She's a bit under the weather today, but I'll grab a pic of her with them as soon as I can.

Thanks! <3

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :D:D:D

She spent most of christmas day and the day after wandering around with the scarf on at all times.

"She's going out with Jarrod? About time and lucky him."

OMG even she said it

Ahahaha

Sheri on
  • Options
    tastypastrytastypastry Can somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Liiya wrote: »
    If only that was the norm. Most leggings skim over and smooth bumps and lumps but some leggings are made of material that is too thin to do this and it is very unfortunate.

Leggings have been fashionable since Autumn here, I unfortunately see the latter a lot. Especially the girl I work with, but I will not say anything to her because she is twice my size and bulldozer me or something, despite her being shorter than me.

I think I could maybe work the leggings and short dress thing, my legs are okay I think, but I'm not sure I've the confidence when its this cold outside and everyone is bundled up.

Wool tights! They are so warm.

tastypastry on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Oh

Right

I opened a lock in school with a hairpin/bobby pin hidden behind my tie when my class and I were locked outside in the cold. Probably a dodgy lock, but still.

I bet you got all kinds of laid after that.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    With just a single bobby pin I can pop handcuffs and like one or two tumbler door locks

You need more tools after that

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Wool tights! They are so warm.

I could make you legwarmers, Liiya!

Sheri on
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh wait

ZIPLOCK

HOW DID IT GO WITH THE STUFF

Oh, right!

She loves the hell out of them! You nailed the colors and the hat style works perfectly!

She's a bit under the weather today, but I'll grab a pic of her with them as soon as I can.

Thanks! <3

Here she is throwing up her breakfast... WITH THE HAT ON! Such style

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    RE: the steampunk stuff, the cufflinks could certainly be a conversation starter as part of a business outfit, or on a casual occasion, but not for anything dressy.

It would just be too tacky to me.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    by the way:
    ED-Cap-Brn-01.jpg
    ED-Cap-Brn-11.jpg

I need $900 please.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »
    RE: the steampunk stuff, the cufflinks could certainly be a conversation starter as part of a business outfit, or on a casual occasion, but not for anything dressy.

Like I said, roughly as tacky as cufflinks with your favorite sports team on them

Maybe a bit less

Straightzi on
  • Options
    ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    ITT NaC needs to go to better business meetings

ascot on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    With just a single bobby pin I can pop handcuffs and like one or two tumbler door locks

You need more tools after that

I'll keep that in mind...

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Oh

Right

Er, no.

Sheri, is there anything you can't knit? I love your creations :D

I have thick tights, they work well when it's Autumn/Spring and not too cold. I love the look of black tights, heels and a coat over the skirt and so on, looks classy.

Liiya on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    this is crwth

Unfortunately, those are Ed Hardy sleeves

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Oh

Right

Er, no.

Sheri, is there anything you can't knit? I love your creations :D

I have thick tights, they work well when it's Autumn/Spring and not too cold. I love the look of black tights, heels and a coat over the skirt and so on, looks classy.

I'm sure there are a ton of things I can't crochet. :( And a ton of things I wouldn't want to crochet, too!

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    AMP'd wrote: »
    this is crwth

Unfortunately, those are Ed Hardy sleeves

Oh, then maybe it could be!

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    However, that model is not of ethnicity

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    So... it's not Crwth then. To be honest if Crwth walked past me on the street I wouldn't recognise him.

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    So... it's not Crwth then. To be honest if Crwth walked past me on the street I wouldn't recognise him.

because of all the hair?

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    The key features are his sideburns and hairy arms

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    A lot of people have hairy arms and sideburns.

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I've got hairy legs and sideburns.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    A lot of people have hairy arms and sideburns.

Also he is Hispanic and he lives in Florida!

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I really need to look into getting new shoes.
    These Nikes have served me well, but they are practically screaming to be put down.

Rinder on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I dunno, I think he'd still be wearing a t-shirt that said "I'm from Florida!" for me to tell it was him.

Liiya on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

for never was a story of more woe

than this of Juliet and her Romeo

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Rinder wrote: »
    These Nikes have served me well, but they are practically screaming to be put down.

Would you prefer high-tops, or lows?

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009

for never was a story of more woe

than this of Juliet and her Romeo

I don't think Crwth and I are somehow starcrossed lovers.

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Rinder wrote: »

doot doot

http://cgi.ebay.com/Romano-Martegani-Maracca-Suede-Pisa-Size-12_W0QQitemZ170409987071QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Men_s_Shoes?hash=item27ad3a0bff#ht_1243wt_924

If you are a size 12, you could do a lot worse.

EDIT: they have them in 9.5 as well:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Romano-Martegani-Maracca-Suede-Pisa-Size-9-5_W0QQitemZ170409987094QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Men_s_Shoes?hash=item27ad3a0c16#ht_1243wt_924

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    NotASenator on
  • Options
    gazamcgazamc Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    today i got a really nice grey Diesel jumper today. It is very thin wool and I got it for 40 reduced from 80. I was surprised that I had to get a large, medium was far too tight across the chest.

gazamc on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    there's a dress shoe store right next to where I work.

Everything is 50%-80% off. If the prices aren't ridiculous to begin with, I will definitely get a pair.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »

Like I said, roughly as tacky as cufflinks with your favorite sports team on them

Maybe a bit less

But

but my Green Bay cufflinks :(

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My father would love those shoes NaS....hmmm. Possible belated Christmas present.

Rinder on
This discussion has been closed.