As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

InFlux is all up on this PAX Australian Indie Showcase

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Na I wasn't a contributor. I played SS a little bit, but nothing serious. I just like seeing something awesome come out a forum collaboration.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Yeah it's pretty rad. We should totally set up a PA SS game one o' these days if there's interest

• Options
    Holy shit, I am going to upvote the hell out of that

• Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    I contributed by hosting a listen server and turning on friendly fire at the worst of times.

• Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    You guys seem to have some unnecessary html code in the description.

edit: No you don't.

AkimboEG on
    Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    Also you guys, there's a new patch for Vroom on iOS out today that lets you not use tilt controls.
    Bam
    -Added a new touch control system, tilt is no longer the default
    -Zombies now only gib unless you hit them super hard (ragdoll otherwise)
    -Shorter slowmo when you boost-kill a zombie
    -Zombies wear blue now
    -Slight performance optimisations
    -Better cockpit view switch
    -Some changes to truck handling

• Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    I thumbs up'd InFlux and Favorited it and put it as my status. I would love to see this on Steam!

• Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    268x268.resizedimage

Holy shit, we're on Greenlight.

So, for anyone that doesn't know, Greenlight is Steam's fancy new shop where users can vote on what games they'd like to see released in the Steam Store. Obviously if we got InFlux released on Steam this would be a huge deal for us. So, any help you guys can give would be amazing.

Hopefully this makes it easier to find us in the sea of weird titles that are populating the Greenlight pages.

greenlight_browse_logo.jpg

• Options
    SHOTGUN SUNRISE GAME GOIN' DOWN, JOIN THE OFFICIAL SHOTGUN SUNRISE ZOMBIE SLAUGHTER FORCE CHAT YA'LL (VROOM).

• Options
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
  • Options
    Hoooraaaaaay

• Options
    Pluggin' some of the audio from the vidjagame: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ocUlZdwWGo

This song works super well in the level pictured

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    That is cool as hell.

• Options
    donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Just played some of that there InFlux tonight. Its pretty top. I was reminded of Monkey Ball rolling around. The ambient tunes are sweet, and the gravity changing mechanics are as mind bending as youd expect. (Ouch, my brain.)

Im also glad to report that the half pipe antics from Shotgun Sunrise are alive and well.

donhonk on
  • Options
    Yeah thanks for testin', donhonk. Actually, if anyone else wants to volunteer for playtesting, you might as well post to that effect and maybe you can test. Experience playtesting Shotgun Sunrise or my L4D campaign desirable!

Also, the November UDK build came out last night, which supports landscape on iOS, and I experimented with making Vroom an open world with multiple towns in it. Here's that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az0VtZuVZLE&feature=youtu.be

• Options
    donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    Reminds me of driving around that mountain in San Andreas, so much fun doing that.

• Options
    So if anyone else wants to playtest this ball game it's a good time to offer!

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I would love to playtest dis'

(On PC - shoot me a PM, Cab)

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    I am down for play testing for you on the PC. I don't have any iPads or such (I'm an Android guy).

• Options
    AlejandroDaJAlejandroDaJ Registered User regular
    I'm down if you want my eyes on it. alex@apathyworks.com

• Options
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Lookin' good, guys. Though, just noting, I didn't see any velociraptors in there.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Destructiod are currently streaming InFlux on Twitch, go watch it you bastards. And vote for it on Greenlight!

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    I caught about 10minutes of the Twitch stream last night, its looking really good. The cave with the blue bioluminescence looked really pretty. If I could vote for it again, I would!

• Options
    Hey guys, just made an announcement on the Greenlight page and I'm pasting it here:

Hey everyone! It's only 7 days until the next batch of games get Greenlit. If InFlux is to have any chance at all, we need your help spreading the word and harvesting votes.

InFlux has been in the top 100 for as long as Greenlight's existed.
    Destructoid likes our game. IndieGameMag likes our game. Some Russian and German sites like our game. GamersDissent likes our game. IndieStatik likes our game. You, presumably, like the look of our game. Greenlight is hard, though. Please help us out!

Link the Greenlight page on your Facebooks and your Twitters and tell your friends and your enemies and like us on Facebook and follow me on Twitter and all that good stuff. Awkwardly bring us up in conversation without an adequate segue. We need the exposure!

Thanks everybody. We hope you get to play the game soon.

SERIOUSLY GUYS HELP US OUT

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I'M TRYING DANGIT :(

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Greenlight is so dumb. Valve should just have some people go through it and say "well obviously this game is good enough, who cares if you don't have enough votes to beat out the latest zombie game or whatever the fuck."

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Okay, linked the Greenlight page to my Facebook. I don't think it will matter since nobody on my friend's list plays games or even knows what Steam is, but it's the thought that counts!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Thanks man <3

• Options
    Well, it got my wife to upvote it so there's that at least. :bz

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    GOOD NEWS EVERYONE
    That’s right – in an extremely exciting turn of events, our new game InFlux has been selected to be exhibited at PAX Australia in July as part of the Australian Indie Showcase (AIS)! You can check out the full lineup for the AIS over here.

What this means is we’ll be at PAX Aus showing off InFlux in our very own booth space thing. You’ll be able to rock up and play the game for yourself, and commune with the developers, and all that good stuff. I’ll also be on a panel along with the rest of the developers selected for the AIS. The game will hopefully by released by then, and you can come by and tell us what you think. We’ve never done anything like this before, but we’re gonna do our best. Many thanks to the folks at Penny-Arcade and their Australian associates for giving us the opportunity.

In the meantime, don’t forget to go vote for InFlux on Greenlight!

Thanks everyone!

• Options
    MORE GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

InFlux isn't out yet, but the soundtrack totally is. It's by Jonathan Yandel and you can totally buy it from Band Camp. http://jonathanyandel.bandcamp.com/

• Options
    Behold, Impromptu thread!

Back in the day, when we made Shotgun Sunrise, there were going to be three levels – imaginatively enough, a desert level, a snow level and a forest level. We released with the desert level and I got about halfway through making the snow level, SS_Revolver, before Shotgun Sunrise gradually ceased to be. FAST FORWARD TO TODAY. Exclusive to Don’s Youtube Ecstasy, a full-colour video retrospective on that ill-fated but seriously kind of cool video game map. Go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ighuXVES4SU

Also, Jorn made some sweet improvements to the camera in InFlux, all last-minute like he does. Here’s that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMksZOL4RV4

Also, I was on the GREENLIGHT SUPERSHOW hosted by the folks who make Legend Of Dungeon today and they played InFlux and here's a video of that.

Also we've been toying with a new thing that may or may not lead somewhere but we really like it. This is a picture of it. Details on my blorg.
    9039249160_b0d12232e6_h.jpg

• Options
    I haven't seen that charge and shoot forward move before, I like it!

• Options
  • Options
    Fuck yeah! I'm still excited for Influx and I want to plaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    made an Oculus Rift game this evening with Jorn. Coming soon (tomorrow morning).
    9301379986_d6c64a7262_o.jpg