As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Methods of finding rooms to rent for traveling professional

DachshundDachshund Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I am cheap! Or rather, I hate hotels! Or both! Much better to pay someone $20-30 a night for a nice spare room than $60 / night for a 1/2 star hotel!

What are some places to look, online or otherwise, for temporary lodging that is not a hotel or hostel? I've had pretty great luck with finding rooms to rent / house-shares on craigslist over the past year, staying for as little as a week with a stranger or as long as 3 months.

I've been staying with someone for the past month for a job, but it has been extended at the very last minute (today) and the person has already found a replacement that is moving in tomorrow. So I'm in a bind for some quick last minute lodging and craigslist isn't pulling through. I'll take the hotel hit if I have to but I'd like to explore new avenues of search in the meantime. Gonna be here for about 5-6 more nights

If it helps, I'm in Portland, Maine

I've also investigated couch surfing, but don't think it would be appropriate for someone in my situation since it is so last minute

Dachshund on

• Options
    -Phil--Phil- Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I have heard about couchsurfing.org. Im sure some people on here have used it before. Maybe that would fit the bill of what your looking for.

Didn't read the last line before I posted. Anywho, that is the site for it if your interested...

-Phil- on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]