Options

[Reccommend] I Want to Run a Space Colony!

BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Games and Technology
So recently I've been hankering to play a game that focuses on building and running a colony in space. Startopia is fantastic, but I've kind of played it to death at this point and was looking for one that might delve a little deeper into how to provide food/water/etc. to your population. Ideally, combat would not be the focus of the game, either taking a backseat or not being there at all.

I'm aware this is pretty specific, and wouldn't be surprised if this game didn't even exist. I tried playing Space Station 13 once but it performs so poorly and is so user unfriendly that the whole thing turns me off, even though it otherwise sounds right up my alley. I've also read a bit about Alpha Centauri but have never tried it myself.

So yeah. Are there games out there like this? Would Alpha Centauri fit the bill here?

BloodySloth on

• Options
    MindstormMindstorm Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I... I don't want to seem like a sarcastic butt, but have you tried Space Colony?

There are economy-focused mission paths which have warfare as a secondary concern (easy to meet those needs). You can crank up the difficulty too, I think, to the point where everybody's dying and being an ass to one another.

Mindstorm on
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Alpha Centauri is a fantastic game which you should play.

It does not however, fit into this category.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif