Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Where do I start?

CITIZEN SNIPS!!!CITIZEN SNIPS!!! Registered User
edited January 2007 in Critical Failures
Hullo.
I've been interested in Warhammer for a while now and, coincidentally, a guy (now one of my good friends) who happens to play it moved to a town near where I live recently. Due to this, I've decided I want to start playing it, but I have no idea where to begin! There seems to be a lot to it, so I'm a little bit bewildered. Could any of you give me a little advice as to what to buy first, how much money I need to invest, how to get into 'the scene', so to speak, etc? My friends has primarily 40,000, but also some LOTR + I think he said one called 'Fantasy'. I think I'd like to start 40k or LOTR.
Thanks very much.

Bustitoutofit,
CITIZEN SNIPS!!!
CITIZEN SNIPS!!! on