As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xbox Live Router Trouble / Linksys WRT54GL

ThrustinJThrustinJ Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Games and Technology
I recently had to re-flash my Linksys WRT54GL after it "bricked" (could ping it, but couldn't access the html setup). I was able to recover it flashing it with the original firmware from Linksys and when I tried to play on live, my NAT was "Strict" and I had all sorts of trouble.

Now I've flashed my router with DD-WRT v24 Mini and set port forwarding to forward 88 tcp and 3074 udp/tcp and now my NAT is Open.

When I play games, I get horrible lag. Sometimes the games start off fine, but can get down right nasty after a minute or so.

I looked up Microsoft's recommendations and they recommend a whole mess of ports to be forwarded to my Xbox including 80 tcp and 53 upd/tcp.

Anyone have any recommendations or help they can offer? I feel like I've been everywhere for this.

Thanks!

ThrustinJ on