As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My computer will not accept a DVD burner.

Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So a couple of months ago I was testing a hard drive in my pc. This nessecitated a lot of taking out of video cards and things because my case isn't very big. Anyways when it all went back together it was booting up super slowly (if at all) and the second core of my processor was being tied up 100% by hardware interrupts. Eventually I isolated the problem to my dvd drive and since i barely use it i just unplugged it. This fixed the problem entirely. I figured the problem must either be with the drive or the ide port so I tested it with a different sata burner and the computer still wouldn't boot properly. Normally in this situation i would just reformat and hope that fixes it but without a dvd drive to put my windows disk in I am kind of stuck. I would eventually like to get the dvd drive working again. What should I do?

Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
7KEFduI.jpg
Sir Headless VII on