As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bog dumps more

TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Artist's Corner
I REFUSE TO DIE!
someotherpilotdj9.jpg
theinfinitefrontierot6.jpg

pg1panel1color.jpg?t=1168714256

I guess from now on I'm gonna dump everything I do into here. What do you people call these things?.. Dumps? OLOL
I found this doodle yesterday so I finished it and inked it.
somechaosdudeSM.jpg?t=1168459166
And here's some fat f*%k of a mutant I did yesterday in class.
fatmutant.jpg?t=1168459208

Um.. I went and photocopied my 10x15 version and shrunk it down and then scanned that. Anyway, here you go. This is the new page 1 uncolored. I'd like to color it tonight.
pg1redonedecentij4.jpg

So a little while ago I decided to do a comic. It was for this little independent group that prints short comics in their little compilations. They're good people. Anyway, I decided I'd do a comic for them, but when I was around page 6 or 7 I received an email with all the precise measurements and proportions and junk and my pages weren't proportional at all to what the final product should be. Aparently your standard 8.5x11 is fatter than a standard comic page. So now I started redrawing this badboy. Originally I wasn't going to show this to you guys until I got to around page 10 at least, but seeing as how now I'm redrawing it that'll be in FOREVER. Enjoy this old version in the meanwhile. I'm making the new one lots nicer. (more room to work on these huge comic page things... lol HEUG LEIK XBOXLOL)

Also I'm gonna post some crap that I haven't posted because I wanted to save it for a dump of sorts. I guess this would be it.

Any comments or crits are welcome, especially on the comic!

page1inkedrt6.jpg
page2inkedgy5.jpg
page3inkedfixedxx8.jpg
page4inkedfixedwg7.jpg
page5inkedfinalzd6.jpg
page6inked.jpg
page7bg4.jpg

deinkSM.jpg?t=1168041577
Shugenjafinalsmaller.jpg?t=1168041599
brute2.jpg?t=1168041663
Oh, and I don't remember if I ever posted this guy. It's kind of old, but here you go anyway.
IGDUDE.jpg?t=1168041775

TheBog on

• Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Rad stuf, all of it. I like the way you can exaggerate gestures and poses, and how you do faces.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    last page, 4th panel

"You've lost. Get your carcass OFF this worthless Russian land."

DeeLock on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Pretty cool comics, they have a nice flow to them. I breezed through them. If you are reworking these old ones, than I'd really like to see the final versions...

Also I am amazed by your character designs. The first one is the one that grabbed my attention. They are really good, and you must have improved considerably lately because that is some high caliber stuff. Good anatomy and muscle structure!

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    StealthNachosStealthNachos Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    What the heck? That Dark Eldar, Ogryn, Warlock, and the Space Marine (wich needs a lot of work on the face by the way) sorta came outta left field. None the less, I like them and the comic pretty good here. It sorta reminds me of Spex's stuff (probably because I just looked at a post of his). There's some things that need to be worked on but the good definetly out wieghs the bad here.

StealthNachos on
    I tend to ramble.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Well thank you. Yes Dark Eldar (+10) Not Ogryn but some random mutant (-5) Shugenja, not Warlock (-5) and not Space Marine (ugh... ) but Ursarkar Creed (-15). And lots of work on the face? I thought I did the face quite well. But I am here to take criticism and I'd love to hear how I could improve (especially my comic).

TheBog on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Bump?

TheBog on
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hokay, for starters: on the last pic, the lines that indicate wrinkles around the mouth have the same weight as the edgelines of the nose. I think they should be lighter.

On that Eldar pic: he's not really holding the gun in his right hand, it looks like it's glued to it.

Generally, the linework is very good do, much to my taste. The only problem I see in the comic is that some of the faces look rather flat.

Mayday on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Thanks, sir. I agree.

TheBog on
  • Options
    JCMJCM Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I love simple linework without fancy inking, love to see those in colours man!

JCM on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Here's a taste.
    pg1panel1color.jpg?t=1168714256

TheBog on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    May I suggest just a slight sepia tone?

Other than that I dont mind the flat colours/faces, too many comics nowadays are overcoloured/inked to death (have you seen Xmen these days? ugh), and the colours with simple 1-level shades are good the way they are.

JCM on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I thought about sepia-ing it, but I don't yet know if the thing's gonna be printed in color or not. It can always be fixed later on if it does allow for sepia. And thanks.

TheBog on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Theres ACDsee, its a image viewing program which allows you to reduce sizes (I use it to shrink my comic without loosing quality) and theres a quick sepia filter, if you wish to check it out.

JCM on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    That sounds pretty cool. Link it here and I'll check it out once I come back home.

TheBog on
  • Options
    MalesherbezMalesherbez Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I like your comic a lot, is it sort of a Chechnya thing going on? I like the simple style, but sometimes it seems too simple, especially with their armored truck. I had some trouble telling the characters apart, but maybe I just need more pages of them.

Malesherbez on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I think... yeah.. yeah, I just arted.

TheBog on