As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Black and white laptop screen

JazzBlackJazzBlack Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
ok so i started my laptop up about an hour or so after using it last (everything was fine)

the laptop loaded as normal the password entry screen is in colour n then when i log in everything is still in colour and then it changes to black and white iv tryd restarting several times but it just repeats.

any ideas what is wrong?

i have an HP Pavillion dv6000 with XP

EDIT: i have descovered putting the laptop into sleep and waking it up again restores colour but the process still repeats when i restart/shutdown the laptop. so i dont think it is a monitor problem

Wynne%20Warrior.jpg
JazzBlack on

• Options
    zhen_roguezhen_rogue Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    When windows XP invokes the "shut down/sleep" menu, I know it has an animation where it fades whatever is currently displayed on-screen to grayscale - seems this might be a related issue?

I think a windows "repair" installation might be a bit extreme, but i'm not sure how to troubleshoot seemingly OS-related graphical bug.

Alternately, you can try updating/reinstalling your video card driver, which might correct the issue.
    Maybe even running windows update would be helpful, depending on how long it's been since you did it.

zhen_rogue on