As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wii Image Problems

Nexus ZeroNexus Zero Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I didn't know if this was better in G&T but I put it here to be safe. Anyway, I'm having Wii problems. On certain screens I notice a certain shimmering effect, like a pixel or patch of pixels that give a greenish shimmer. When the screen goes black in Super Mario Bros, there's a patch of pixels that's the same every time, and it's awful in the Lakebed Temple in Zelda - when misty, all the shimmering pixels are revealed and I have thick vertical lines running down my TV. This isn't a TV problem, as I've tried it on a couple now. I don't think it's the cable, because, and this is really weird, when I run the GameCube version of Zelda I see no shimmering pixels. It's as if the console is only afflicted when in Wii mode.

Have any of you heard of such a problem and do you know how to fix it? I've contacted Nintendo UK but their customer services suck - they were engaged all day Friday so I've emailed them with my problem. I don't know if it's getting worse by I keep noticing more and more. I'm hoping that if I have to send them my console I'll get to keep my VC games/points.

sig.jpg
Nexus Zero on

• Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I think I remember someone else coming in here with artifacting on their Wii and it was agreed that it would probably have to be sent in for servicing. If it does need to be serviced, I imagine that you can keep you VC points because they should be linked to your Mii or friend code or whatever, should they not?

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!