As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Neverending [chat]

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    People are so fucking retarded. "Oh when the apocalypse comes I'll just sit on my ass and jerk it to a Victoria's Secret catalog and let the government fix it." Seriously what the fuck are these people smoking, plastic?
    Maybe the fact that it's pretty fucking impossible for their to be a zombie 'apocalypse' without some stupidly long list of exact and unlikely criteria? Passed their just being zombies that is.

Leitner on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2007
    People are so fucking retarded. "Oh when the apocalypse comes I'll just sit on my ass and jerk it to a Victoria's Secret catalog and let the government fix it." Seriously what the fuck are these people smoking, plastic?
    C'mon, you know they can handle it. Didn't you see what happened during Katrina?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    SC wrote:
    Maybe the fact that it's pretty fucking impossible for their to be a zombie 'apocalypse' without some stupidly long list of exact and unlikely criteria? Passed their just being zombies that is.

Talking about the zombie apocalypse without first specifying exactly what type of event you're talking about is pretty silly, given that there are tons of different ways it could go down, depending on what fictional source you're using.

Not that seriously talking about zombies in the first place isn't silly either.

MrMister on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I have 5 months of Achewood to read through. Woooo!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I now have a headset.

Now I can be a chatty bitch in Vent.

Elendil on
  • Options
    YosemiteSamYosemiteSam Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I fucking hate "Wonderwall."

YosemiteSam on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    So, how was Florida, Will?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yesterday it was 67 degrees outside.

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2007
    Elkamil wrote:

Have you ever been to Orlando? It was like that. To top it off one of my brothers just looooves tacky shit and hounded me from the getgo to go to a theme park, to which I steadfastly demured. But we still ended up going to The Worlds Largest MacDonalds and some free-to-get-into Downtown Disney thing that was basically just shops selling useless shit. And a Planet Hollywood.

God I hate Orlando.

Funny thing - when we were in the World Largest MacDonalds, my mother leaned to me and said "Do you know what I like about New England?"
    "What?"
    "It's the opposite of this."

It was nice to see my family though, which was really why I went, so it was overall good.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Elks, do you think the Jets will put up a solid game?

I'm kind of afraid, and I have work during the game!

Damn

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I fucking hate "Wonderwall."
    Are you kidding? I still love that song. That one and Champagne Supernova I'll listen to a fair amount. They're DOPE.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    That was funny, Will.

Edit: Your mom, that is.

Poldy wrote:
    Elks, do you think the Jets will put up a solid game?

I'm kind of afraid, and I have work during the game!

Damn
    They won win it, if that's what you're asking. New England will shut down their run game, the Jets will have to put it all on Pennington, and they won't be able to make many big plays down the field.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    SC wrote:
    You realise that that reply doesn't make any sense at all, right? Unless you mean to say that you're smoking facts, which is an absurd claim since facts aren't made of any kind of matter or other physical substance. Failure of world governments is one of the key components of an apocalypse. They didn't say "outbreak" or "invasion", they said "apocalypse". Your failure to discern the difference between an apocalypse and a mere catastrophe is hardly my fault.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    To: All Californians
    Subject: important info re: weather

Weather outside of California really sucks. A lot. Don't believe the non-Californian lies, it's horrible, like just fucking horrible. Just giving you the heads up.

celery

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    SC wrote:
    snip.
    Except 'apocalypse' could well be synomynous with large scale outbreak and is often used as such. I've also never heard apocalypse to have to have the collapse of all governments. It almost always means the world is going to be destroyed/the majority of humanity getting killed in a disaster.

Leitner on
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    celery77 wrote:

Weather outside of California really sucks. A lot. Don't believe the non-Californian lies, it's horrible, like just fucking horrible. Just giving you the heads up.

celery

I live in OC, CA and I'd kill for some fucking SEASONS. I like the cold, and I love fall.

Sometimes I forget what the difference between Summer and Winter is and then I remember it's about 10 degrees and 5 hours of rain.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Massachusetts' weather ftw

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Irond Will wrote:
    Elkamil wrote:

Have you ever been to Orlando? It was like that. To top it off one of my brothers just looooves tacky shit and hounded me from the getgo to go to a theme park, to which I steadfastly demured. But we still ended up going to The Worlds Largest MacDonalds and some free-to-get-into Downtown Disney thing that was basically just shops selling useless shit. And a Planet Hollywood.

God I hate Orlando.

Funny thing - when we were in the World Largest MacDonalds, my mother leaned to me and said "Do you know what I like about New England?"
    "What?"
    "It's the opposite of this."

It was nice to see my family though, which was really why I went, so it was overall good.

downtown disney's got a decent theater, ciruq di solie(or whatever) and the house of blues there gets some decent acts. Adventure quest is kinda this big ass multi story arcade thing, which I've hear is neat as well.

other than that, Universal is far less lame.

orlando is pretty much a hole though.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    celery77 wrote:

celery

At least we don't get all huffy when it drops below 60 degrees. You people fucking run and get your arctic gear.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Shoggoth wrote:
    I live in OC, CA and I'd kill for some fucking SERASONS. I like the cold, and I love fall.

Sometimes I forget what the difference between Summer and Winter is and then I remember it's about 10 degrees and 5 hours of rain.
    This is one of the main lies spread by non-Californians. Don't believe it. It's a lie propagated by people in shitty climates in a sad attempt to justify why they put up with their horrible weather.

There was a few days where I finally saw Fall Colors for the first time in my life, and I was thinking hey, maybe they were right about this seasons thing. But the fall colors lasted like 10 days, and then the dead leaves clogged all the drains and caused all the streets and sidewalks to flood, and the trees were ugly as hell because they were just bare branches, and the weather proceeded to completely suck ass for much longer than 10 days, more like 100 from what I'm told to expect.

What I wouldn't give for 50 degree winter days. This would be fine by me. Oh and if the wind would stop being so strong that it threatens to knock me off my bike, that would be nice too. Fuck this weather.

• Options
    edited January 2007
    SC wrote:
    SC wrote:
    snip.
    Except 'apocalypse' could well be synomynous with large scale outbreak and is often used as such. I've also never heard apocalypse to have to have the collapse of all governments. It almost always means the world is going to be destroyed/the majority of humanity getting killed in a disaster.
    A) How would the world end without governments collapsing?
    B) Had you never heard that an apocalypse is supposed to be a world-ending or at least potentially world-ending event and that that's what distinguishes it from, say, a tornado hitting Cincinnati's suburbs?
    C) You do know that soldiers are people, right? And that enlisting doesn't protect you from disease? In fact quite the opposite in many instances?

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    At least we don't get all huffy when it drops below 60 degrees. You people fucking run and get your arctic gear.
    No we don't get arctic gear because we don't have arctic gear, because we don't need it in our fabulous weather systems.

I don't want to hear about Californians being babies. We merely have a realistic expectation that the weather need not completely suck ~100 days a year.

I actually have no suitable shitty weather outside gear whatsoever, because I wasn't aware that I would have to put up with this much shitty weather. I routinely go outside with considerably less coverage than your average Oregonian, because I've owned one pair of gloves in my life, and it was to go snowboarding. So miss me with that "get all huffy" lie.

• Options
    edited January 2007
    celery77 wrote:
    No we don't get arctic gear because we don't have arctic gear, because we don't need it in our fabulous weather systems.

I don't want to hear about Californians being babies. We merely have a realistic expectation that the weather need not completely suck ~100 days a year.

I actually have no suitable shitty weather outside gear whatsoever, because I wasn't aware that I would have to put up with this much shitty weather. I routinely go outside with considerably less coverage than your average Oregonian, because I've owned one pair of gloves in my life, and it was to go snowboarding. So miss me with that "get all huffy" lie.

Mind if I ask where you are that the weather is so bad?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    SaniusSanius Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Elendil wrote:
    I now have a headset.

Now I can be a chatty bitch in Vent.
    The real way to experience ventrilo in late nights is to right click on the server name, go to miscellaneous, special effects, then click on frequency and add, than set it to 70%.

Everyones voices become deeeep

Sanius on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    PDX = Portland, which I'm sure you will say isn't even that bad of weather. You would probably be right, but it does nothing to change my point. If anyone says this isn't crappy weather, they've never lived in CA, and I shudder to think what the weather is like in places supposedly even "worse."

• Options
    edited January 2007
    celery77 wrote:
    Shoggoth wrote:
    I live in OC, CA and I'd kill for some fucking SERASONS. I like the cold, and I love fall.

This is one of the main lies spread by non-Californians. Don't believe it. It's a lie propagated by people in shitty climates in a sad attempt to justify why they put up with their horrible weather.

There was a few days where I finally saw Fall Colors for the first time in my life, and I was thinking hey, maybe they were right about this seasons thing. But the fall colors lasted like 10 days, and then the dead leaves clogged all the drains and caused all the streets and sidewalks to flood, and the trees were ugly as hell because they were just bare branches, and the weather proceeded to completely suck ass for much longer than 10 days, more like 100 from what I'm told to expect.

What I wouldn't give for 50 degree winter days. This would be fine by me. Oh and if the wind would stop being so strong that it threatens to knock me off my bike, that would be nice too. Fuck this weather.

I've uh...I've been outside the bubble to CO and Canada, I like fall and all it entails; snow and rain too.

See, I don't even give a shit if the weather sucks and is disruptive. I just need a god damn change. When I was somewhere where the seasons were distinct and always in flux it made me feel much more alive and immersed in uh...I dunno I'mma sound like a hippy now but shit, I have a soft spot for shitty weather and cozy fires.

I want less:

"EVERYDAY IS THE FUCKING SAME!"

more:

"hey it's snowing outside and I have to get to class in an hour!"

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Shoggoth wrote:
    I've uh...I've been outside the bubble to CO and Canada, I like fall and all it entails; snow and rain too.

See, I don't even give a shit if the weather sucks and is disruptive. I just need a god damn change. When I was somewhere where the seasons were distinct and always in flux it made me feel much more alive and immersed in uh...I dunno I'mma sound like a hippy now but shit, I have a soft spot for shitty weather and cozy fires.

I want less:

more:

^^ textbook battered wife syndrome ^^

• Options
    edited January 2007
    celery77 wrote:
    PDX = Portland, which I'm sure you will say isn't even that bad of weather. You would probably be right, but it does nothing to change my point. If anyone says this isn't crappy weather, they've never lived in CA, and I shudder to think what the weather is like in places supposedly even "worse."
    Ah Portland. Here I am comparing the weather in Cali to the Northeast which isn't nearly as bad :)

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    celery77 wrote:
    Ah Portland. Here I am comparing the weather in Cali to the Northeast which isn't nearly as bad :)
    I dunno -- everything I've heard about the NE makes it as bad or worse than the NW (PDX is somewhat similar to the Seattle weather systems, but nowhere near the same). And these people in the middle of the country? Are they just fucking insane?

• Options
    edited January 2007
    celery77 wrote:
    Shoggoth wrote:

I want less:

more:

<<Textbook I fucking hate this place syndrome.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Shoggoth wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Shoggoth wrote:

I want less:

more:

<<Textbook I fucking hate this place syndrome.
    You hate CA? Do you also hate chocolate and magic fairy dust? Shit, you probably hate magically fairy dusted chocolate, too, you twisted sicko.

• Options
    edited January 2007
    celery77 wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    I dunno -- everything I've heard about the NE makes it as bad or worse than the NW (PDX is somewhat similar to the Seattle weather systems, but nowhere near the same). And these people in the middle of the country? Are they just fucking insane?

The NE gets every extreme so it's pretty hard to generalize about it. We can have 3 foot snowfalls and weeks of 100+ temperatures in the same year.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited January 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    The NE gets every extreme so it's pretty hard to generalize about it. We can have 3 foot snowfalls and weeks of 100+ temperatures in the same year.
    Which is what I've heard which is what made me assume it sucked. I don't want to put up with that shit. You don't have to put up with that shit, either. Let the truth set you free.

• Options
    edited January 2007
    California is a shithole sans San Francisco
    Well you're not welcome there anyways. Have fun in whatever "non-shithole" you claim to be living in.

• Options
    edited January 2007
    celery77 wrote:
    Which is what I've heard which is what made me assume it sucked. I don't want to put up with that shit. You don't have to put up with that shit, either. Let the truth set you free.

Beats that 86 and sunny shit you guys deal with 300 days out of the year

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    celery77 wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    It's called a jacket. They're fashionable and functional. I recommend keeping a couple around if you plan to leave your house on a regular basis. They're good for rain, too, not just cold.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    ALockslyALocksly Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    As long as we're on the subject of winter weather it looks like I'll need to exit my house via a window tomorrow as it looks like my front door has been blocked by a drift.

edit: also I could never live in CA, too damn hot

but then I didn't like Hawaii either so...

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited January 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    This year is the first winter I can remember where it hasn't snowed yet. It did snow a little bit around halloween, but that doesn't count since the snow didn't stay on the ground.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
This discussion has been closed.