Options

[Infinity] N3 out: Only in USAriadna can you find a Coke Bottling Plant in the year 2185

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    In case anyone is interested, Miniature Market has a little over 40 Infinity items on sale right now (including the USAriadna army box). Most seem to be about 45% off retail and they do offer flat $6 shipping if you don't meet the free threshold at 100.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Been working on this chap for a game on the weekend. Still need to clean up his base and finish the metallics on the gun, but I'm happy with it.

812124_sm-.jpg
    812125_sm-.jpg

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Hero shot for todays game. Pleased that the only unpainted mini is my HVT. I really should get around to painting one, I've got 5 (the Hazmat HVT from the Tohaa/Shasvastii Dire Foes set continues to elude me) and they're all not done. The unfinished Jannisary Doctor in the background was meant to make an appearance but I just ran out of painting time. I only had 1 week to get these done. He got replaced by the trusty old 1st edition Jannisary with AP rifle as a doctor proxy.

812361_sm-.jpg

-Loki- on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    They are looking really good man!

• Options
    edited July 2016
    I ended up losing to his dirty Nomads. He ran, from memory, Tomcat Engineer, a Tomcat Doctor, Mk 12 Gecko, Combi Rifle Gecko (as a Duo), 3 Alguaciles (MSR, Missile Launcher, Combi), Multi Rifle Mobile Brigada and Valerya Gromoz. This was the game (end of turn 2 I beleive).

812439_sm-.jpg

I got some good use out of the Smoke Grenades on the Ghazi to get up the right of the board (he lamented not having any MSVs and now wants some Intruders... sigh). I ran a KHD Barid to make use of Cybermask to get him to objectives. Big fan! He got up close to the HVT and got a datascan off, but got cornered by the two Tomcats ad roasted by LFT's.

My main issue was in the final turn I could not kill a fucking thing. I got overzealous and spent 4 orders with the Jannisary Doc trying to kill Gromoz in the center building, but she kept passing saves. Same with a few orders trying to kill his MRS with my Hawwa, he kept saving. But I couldn't accomplish my last Classified as they were both hacking objectives, and after the Barid went down, I had no hacker to do the second. I had to go for killing as we were playing Annihilation, and he just. Kept. Fucking. Saving.

All my Kum accomplished was being a speed bump for his Geckos, but he was so afraid of that AP HMG in Suppressive Fire he didn't want to get his Geckos out from behind the building.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Man, that tables so much more open than my usual set ups are :p

If you have go go more than 8"'s between total cover it's usually pretty open for us.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Funnily, I found it was a touch too dense around the middle. Nothing even shot anything turn 1. Granted, the right side was nicely covered in smoke, but that huge outpost blocked a good 80% of the center.

If I had any chance at setting it up myself (it's a store table), I'd have separated the modules to spread them out to give some better lines of sight down the middle, and put some more scatter terrain in. The table the store used to have was made a while ago by someone rather big in the tournament scene, when he used to play Hassassin Bahram. It too is too dense, and I really dislike playing on it. Beautiful board, but way too dense. We used to remove 3-4 buildings to open it up a bit. It's a bit of a misconception that more terrain is better - the game really needs a few fire lanes to let longer range weapons breathe.

697441_sm-.JPG

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Yeah, my board looks a little bit more like that but:

a) There's always a big, central road that's clear LOS pretty much the whole length of the board. Which pretty much always asks you to have an answer for it whether it's across horizontally or in line with your deployments.

b) We have alot more scatter terrain and varying building heights. Which means even with the density there's still positions that can see alot of the board.

c) The edges of the board tend to be less dense to make flanking and covering flanks require less models.

• Options
    I can't exactly be choosy with my boards at the store. They tend to favour 40k and Flames of War, which is what gets played there. They had another Infinity board I never got a photo of that was much, much better than the above two boards. City themed, so had some nice streets going around, it had raised walkways, bridges between some rather tall buildings that stepped upwards in 3 levels, so if you wanted to burn orders you could climb. Lots of scatter terrain. Really good table for all base sizes.

Unfortunately, that board and the above Bourak board wound up at their other location because there's more Infinity players there. I've been putting together stuff for my own table, but progress is slow because I really don't have anywhere to set up and play until my garage is cleaned out. I also need some more stuff - scatter terrain mostly, but I also want two more big buildings (Customeeple Kum Garage and Zen terrain Police Station) and another small building or two for variety (probably Antenocities pre painted noodle bar and waste point).

776369_sm-.jpg

• Options
    That's the same playmat we have. As a bit of advice if you're still buying terrain I've found that one thing we really lack for our set up is a large gate or some other bit of terrain that can split the line of sight down the Main Street.

• Options
    I was already planning that. The streets are going to have some vehicles, likely from Antenocitis Workshop. Vehicles on the roads and parked at the sidewalks should offer some nice cover. Some of the larger ones like the Fairlane Taxi, probably angled inwards, will be some nice LOS blockers.

• Options
    Yeah, it's not 100% needed but it keeps the board from feeling the same all the time as otherwise it can often be dominated by the question of who can effectively control the mainstreet.

• Options
    I plan on stopping it feeling the same with a variety of buildings. If you can change up the buildings even a fixed layout mat can get some nice variety.

My main gripe is that the control room spot is off center. Can't beleive CB okay'd that one.

• Options
    tokumeitokumei Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I really need to get over my phobia of painting something are screwing it up when the metal models means it isn't horribly difficult to redo.

tokumei on
  • Options
    Also Vedic sectorial confirmed in video interview.

• Options
    I feel like that was the most obvious sectorial to work on because I don't think I've seen any other possible sectorial have so many players just go 'I want to use nothing but these ones and the others int he faction are lame'.

• Options
    I'd add some more terrain to the deployment zones for sure, there

other than that, bit of scatter and that's fine!

plus VEDIC WOOO

• Options
    My personal desire for Vedic would be something like knightly orders where you can have one or two ASS operatives on loan too. Maybe at an increased SWC cost or something.

Just kinda fits into the lore of Aleph forces being very low on man power but very tightly organised. Plus it means I don't have to give up penny or Atal.

• Options
    I reckon Atalanta will be in the OSS anyway, because her background suggests that ALEPH uses her as an executioner anyway, and that fits the OSS operative set-up.

But you'll have lots of sexy new troops to use, so even without her, not too bad. And no Posthumans either is my feeling, but again, plenty of replacements. Dakini fireteams!

• Options
    Dakini fire teams alone is just going to be absurdly cost effective.

Like, that's competing with those hassassin 'everyone has no 2 and a Panzerfaust' squad for bad asses.

• Options
    I think you're all forgetting the most important thing more cyborg waifu's

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Vedic yesssss
    Gimme them Diva link teams

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Al Fasid profile is out.

AlFasidTroop-Profile-ENG-e1467746036318-1024x265.jpg

That's a spicy meatball. Points confirmed by Data Sphere to be 53/2. 12 points more than the Azra'il AP HMG is enough to consider both options. 12 points gets you a Naffatun HFT, afterall. You lose the AP ammo, gain a normal + smoke LGL (which should be 1-1.5 more SWC), Heavy Pistol, Minelayer, Veteran L1, Sixth Sense L1 and +3BTS.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Man that's a Swiss Army knife of a Rambo tool.

I like how both Haqq and Nomads, the poorer factions compared to the mega powers, have these s5 toy box infantry.

• Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    My Guijia is suffering from New Model Syndrome. If its first outing was anaemic, its second was disastrous, getting gunned down by a Marut in ARO as it tried to disengage and find a nice engineer. :(

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    My brothers first and only outing for his Jotum was embarrassing. It marched up the table looking all mighty and impressive, when an Asawira popped out from a building and shot it in the back. Got a critical, so it lost a Structure point. It turned to face the impudent Asawira, when a Ghulam with a Panzerfaust popped out of the other side of the building and shot it in the back. 3 failed ARM rolls later, and he was looking fairly sad.

• Options
    TAGs are much more fragile than people think!

• Options
    TAGs are just some of the biggest rambo pieces in the game. It's still infinity though so they suffer the same issue any large model has: crits happen.

• Options
    Yeah it's classic infinity. Anything can get killed by anything. Really it's my fault for using a TAG to fight an entrenched TAG on suppression.

• Options
    Honestly I have no idea what I'd do in a TAG v TAG match. Because to me 90% of my tactics for a TAG strutting list is leveraging the sheer advantage a TAG is into board control even if it doesn't fight everyone.

• Options
    Active turn MULTI HMG will murder a defensive TAG, even if it's in suppression. B 3 on -6 BS (cover, range) vs B 4 on -3 BS is a strong advantage, and the AP puts holes in then. At 24" plus it's even more one sided. Armour on the move always beats Armour that is stationary!

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I can't be arsed magnetizing the weapons for my CA drones, and it probably won't look good anyway considering the tight fit on a CAD model.

Any opinions on a T-Drone with SML vs a Q-Drone with HMG or Plasma Rifle?

• Options
    SML you tend to build lists around to some degree. The utility bit and reaction bit are far more generically useful.

• Options
    Although I find a Reaction B2 supportware on the direct fire mode to be pretty great when not firing guided ammo, so there is functionality there for a low cost.

• Options
    Yeah my number 1 use for SMS Drones is dumbfiring them. Get them aaaaaaaallllll the way back to manipulate their crazy range bands and throw on enhanced reactions and watch it destroy things.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Asher wrote: »
    Yeah my number 1 use for SMS Drones is dumbfiring them. Get them aaaaaaaallllll the way back to manipulate their crazy range bands and throw on enhanced reactions and watch it destroy things.

That + Rule of Cool = SML it is.

The idea was to glue the HMG to the E-Drone and just remove the magnetized butt radar when I want to run it as a Q-Drone.

• Options
    WiddershinzWiddershinz Registered User regular
    Do you play a lot of tournaments? I use my drones interchangeably between models and even factions. I don't even remember what they're built as...

Steam ID widdershinsaus
  • Options
    Since my friend was too scared to walk his Geckos out in front of my Azra'il in suppressive fire with its AP HMG, he is now of the opinion he needs more Geckos. I assume so if he loses some he's got more. So he's been putting together a 4 Gecko list supported by Alguaciles.

Can't wait to see it hit the table. I'll try to get photos of it.

• Options
    I ran a Gecko duo recently and I wasn't sure what I though. I loved having the dual combi-rifle Gecko razzing around smashing shit, and the Mk12 is cool as well... but the duo seems like overkill. I never really thought like both at the same time in the same place was necessary. Four with an Alguacile link is crazy times! What about other support! But if it suits his style that could really work, I think.

• Options
    Geckos have always being big fat walls of metal above any other considerations. Four of them feels like it's gonna leave you with little to do other than take mid field and hit suppressive.

At which point your opponent cripples one and goes straight for the throat by tackling the link team.

This discussion has been closed.