ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !Kid Presentable

Moonglow

Zellpher on
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Okay fine, nevermind. I was going to make all you network guys vote for who I voted for, but apparently that ability has no public element so it wouldn't even accomplish the goal of interesting confusion.

I'll kill you tonight Ahava, to be friendly, but the game is over anyway!

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Way to ruin the suspense, KP.

Though, there are elements still in doubt. If certain people could get their orders in, we can end this happily.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Though, there are elements still in doubt.

[size=+3]EBUUUUUUUUUUM[/size]

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !Kid Presentable

!Britain

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Alright, I'm going to end this as soon as I get the Fellowship's kills, unless someone has strenuous objections.
    The Village won.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hurray!

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Alright, I'm going to end this as soon as I get the Fellowship's kills, unless someone has strenuous objections.
    The Village won.

I OBJECT!
    henrydocument.gif

If the vote hits first, shouldn't the Fellowship have no kills?

And even IF they did, isn't it universally agreed that they should kill Ahava?

• Options
    edited January 2010
    The vote doesn't really hit first so much as simultaneous with other things. I just tend to get it out of the way narrative wise.

If no one else kills her, ahava commits suicide in the narration tonight, I think.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sorry to ruin the suspense, I just really did not have it in me to play dumb with not even a chance of accomplishing anything by it. I am but a simple blacksmith, corrupted by evil through no fault of my own!

Bury me in Skara Brae, the land I once loved.

I can no longer remember the taste of strawberries and cream.........

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    If no one else kills her, ahava commits suicide in the narration tonight, I think.

28779342.jpg

It's her last wish, anyways. :lol:

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Yay, orders, do you guys want narration in like a half hour? Or just the dead?

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Narration!

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    wooo! go awesome village.

Narration plz

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Fellowship bastards! Targeting Egos and me so soon.

But there was still .... anothe...r...gaarg...ooo..yl....

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Game Over: Britannia Wins! Again! Sort Of!

Sherry the Mouse had been thinking. Who knew the identity Jaana had taken and the other information? Why, only someone she had trusted! That creepy invocation of Obedience must have converted a loyal villager. Additionally it was known to have happened in Skara Brae. Recalling that the only trusted person in Skara Brae was Kid Presentable, she rallied the Britannians to her cause. They voted for Kid Presentable and learned that the blacksmith had indeed been converted to the Fellowship’s side.

The Gargoyle had also attempted to kill Kid Presentable, but found himself Sacrificing his boomerangs to lead a quieter, more virtuous life in his island home.

Before Kid Presentable could be killed, he lashed out and committed two murders out of revenge, and a third out of kindness. He worked Efficiently in his murder of lonelyahava. ahava, who had been acting strangely the entire week, turned out to be the proprietor of Britain’s mint. It was also discovered that she had several vials of serpent venom in a chest by her bed at home, which quickly explained her odd behavior. Later that night, a strange figure wearing an ankh waltzed into the mint and robbed the kingdom blind, just like the previous seven crises to befall Britannia…

The two revenge murders were attacks on B:L and romanqwerty. Respectively Sherry and the final gargoyle, both died knowing they had saved the kingdom (and with the resurgence of magic, were likely fresh enough to be resurrected).

When the villagers finally caught up to Kid Presentable, he was promptly hanged. As his life force left him, The Guardian once again appeared in the sky above every town of Britannia:

“You have won this time, Avatar, but I shall return!”

Casualties:
    B:L, Sherry the Mouse, Britain – Murdered by KP
    romanqwerty, Gargoyle – Murdered by KP
    lonelyahava, citizen of Britain – Murdered by KP (Efficiency), OD’d on serpent venom
    Kid Presentable, Converted Citizen of Skara Brae – Voted out

At the celebratory banquet, with everyone’s true identities known to all, Chuckles approached The Avatar. “Would you like to hear a joke?”
    The Avatar grumbled.
    “Two peanuts walk into the Blue Boar, not looking for any trouble. Unfortunately, one was a salted.”
    The Avatar grumbled slightly louder.
    “I went to buy some camouflage pants from the tailor the other day, but I couldn’t find any.”
    The Avatar excused himself, walked out of the castle and to the general provisioner’s in town. 20 minutes later he walked into the castle, asked Chuckles to please come with him to his room. Chuckles complied, where The Avatar pinned him to the ground, placed the recently purchased powder keg next to him, and lit it.

Just then, Lord British walked into the room and saw what The Avatar had done. Quickly putting out the flame before it killed all three of them, Lord British thanked The Avatar for his services to the crown, but told him that he was banished just as the mages of Moonshade had been centuries ago.

And that’s the real beginning of Serpent Isle.

Winning and surviving Village aligned people:
    Mazzyx, citizen of Britain
    Zandracon, Julia (nullifier) of Minoc
    Chamberlain, citizen of New Magincia
    Institutionalised Pederasty, Nystul (seer) of Britain
    Narvinye, citizen of Jhelom
    Jebus UD, Mariah (public seer) of Moonglow
    Honk, citizen of Trinsic
    ShadowThomas, Lord British (rezzer, among other things) of Britain
    Zellpher, citizen of Moonglow
    Mr. Defecation, citizen of Moonglow
    Galenblade, citizen of Minoc
    Astraphobia, citizen of Jhelom
    Thisisntwally, citizen of Trinsic
    Malkor, citizen of Minoc

Also victorious:
    Corbius, Chuckles the Jester

Surviving, But Not Victorious Had I Written In His Win Condition Properly:

DasUberEdward, The Avatar of Virtue

In Fact Victorious:
    DasUberEdward, The Avatar of Virtue

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Woohooo!

Yew guys were awesome.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Also thanks for hosting EB, this was a fun game. Even as a villager outside of the network I enjoyed it.

And Ahava I assure you the game would have been more entertaining if I would have lived longer!

Nocturne on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yes, thank you for the game EB. It is greatly appreciated. Even if I was taken out. :P

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    http://bestguyswin.proboards.com/index.cgi

True Virtue boards.

Never let a villager manage your network, folks!

Compromised village network: http://goodguyswin.proboards.com/

Thanks for hosting, ebum! It was certainly... an experience.

• Options
    edited January 2010
    So, this was obviously flawed. Fundamentally, I think my mistake was doing what Mark Rosewater calls "Top Down Design." I took a theme and then tried to fit the mechanics to it, without worrying so much about balance. Nystul I think was the biggest mistake and should have been a serial killer role (Lord Blackthorn?). Also, Jebus' power was backwards. It should have been a seering with the bonus being making it public, instead of the other way around.

I also kind of screwed The Avatar by needing him to make a kill (Chuckles) without giving him an actual kill. I thought convincing the network to waste a kill they didn't need would be an interesting idea, but he never really tried. I also think that the Chuckles role (survive) probably wasn't a ton of fun, as taking risks and getting noticed was awful for him. Corbius, care to comment?

The game could have gone a LOT different. B:L targeted his one shot lightning wand kill on The Avatar night one, which would have made life interesting, even though Lord British had an auto-rez on him. Also Drez had targeted Fidoh originally on night one, and he absolutely slaughtered a lot of the Fellowship's ideas with well placed guards (he and Alegis had a sort of pre-game alliance, so the guard was in contact with a vig before day one ended). Then you guys managed to vote out Batlin and seer Hook on the very first day... it was obvious to become a blowout.

I realized after I did it that I should have explicitly warned in the OP that the village should behave sportsmanlike and in line with the Virtues or be punished, as I think that is a somewhat arbitrary but fitting and interesting game mechanic. If I ever run another one of these, I will probably implement something like that.

Also, I think I should have given the individual cultists a power linked to the opposite of whatever that town's virtue was. So for Honest they'd get something deceitful, but I couldn't figure out how to make it weak enough to be in the entire game or a trigger for it. Maybe eliminating the associating companion would have worked nicely, in retrospect.

My initial plan for the game was something someone suggested on one of the various proboards, but later LaOs and I decided it would have been hilariously broken in favor of the village (which...oops). The idea was for The Avatar to gain the companions each time he visited a new town. So there would be an automatically growing network. Maybe if I had toned down the companion powers that would have worked OK, but I'm not really sure.

Other thoughts as I have them, and I'll start posting role PMs in a few here.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for hosting ebum, I liked the narration and integration of virtues into the game.

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You are…

224047-avatar_u9_large.jpg

The Avatar of Virtue! You are once again taking a vacation from your normal life to save Britannia at the request of Lord British. As the Avatar, you embody the eight virtues of Britannian society: Honor, Compassion, Spirituality, Valor, Justice, Sacrifice, Humility, and Honesty.

As such, you have the following powers:
    Your vote counts for double in both the location vote and the kill vote.
    You can veto the location vote, sending yourself to the second place option.
    If Lord British is alive the first time you are killed, you will survive. However, you will be revealed to all as the Avatar. (I changed this day one to "you will be revealed to Lord British as The Avatar, realizing if he was killed, that would be a great network... not realizing Jebus was going to create the same thing, as I am dumb)
    If you’re alive, one of your faithful companions will have an extra ability. Which companion will depend on which city you are praying in.

Be warned, Hook is rumored to have been resurrected by Batlin and is out to kill you and you alone. He is rumored to have gained power enough to even overpower Geoffrey or Jaana. (Translation: he may have an unblockable kill for you and you alone, so you don’t want to be revealed publicly)

Victory condition: Destroy the enemies of Britannia
    You are…

Dupre1.gif

Dupre, the strongest knight in Britannia and one of the Avatar’s closest friends. Usually, the Avatar makes you carry the damn skiff around. But given the circumstances, he can’t do that. So you’ve decided to take things into your own hands and protect the honor of the kingdom yourself. You are from the town of Trinsic, when the Avatar is praying there, your vote counts double. You are also the companion embodying the virtue of Honor.

As such, you have the following powers:
    You are a vigilante! You may target one player in a PM each night to challenge to a duel on the honorable fields of combat. Of course, you are the strongest duelist in Britannia and will always win.
    If the Avatar is currently praying in Trinsic, you will gain the added power of your kill being unblockable.

You are…

Iolo_SI.gif

Iolo, the author of “Stones” and Britannia’s most famous bard. Normally you’re the cheat menu, gold divider, general nuisance, and the conscience of the Avatar, but you can’t serve that role as you can’t identify him. So you’re doing what you can for the people of Britain. When the Avatar is there, your vote counts double. Additionally, you are the companion embodying the virtue of Compassion

As such, you have the following power:
    You are a seer! Each night, you may target one player in a PM and through a combination of giving them booze, talking incessantly, and threatening to play Stones, you will force them to reveal their role.
    If the Avatar is currently praying in Britain, you will also receive a copy of the last PM sent to that player. Any masoned players will have their names removed.

You are…

245392-u6sham2_large.gif

Shamino, a rogue and swashbuckler, who is also one of the Avatar’s oldest and closest friends. One with nature, you tell the Avatar when something wild is near while you’re in the woods. Not being able to serve that role in this particular crisis, you will attempt to help Britannia however you can. You make your home in Skara Brae when the Avatar is praying there, your vote counts double and are the companion embodying Spirituality.

You are a location seer! Each night, you may target one player in a PM and you will track them to their home. This will tell you in which of the 8 cities of Britain (or none at all!) the player makes their home.
    If the Avatar is currently praying in Skara Brae, you will also gain the name of an additional person who lives in that town.

(Shamino sucks, everyone knows it)
    You are...

Geof2.gif

Geoffrey, the captain of Lord British’s guards, and sometime companion of the Avatar. A powerful fighter, you joined the Avatar on his quest to find the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and to overthrow the usurper Lord Blackthorn. Without knowing who Lord British is, you can no longer serve as captain of the guards and have retired to your old home of Jhelom, when the Avatar is praying there, your vote counts double. You are also the companion embodying Valor.

You are a guard! Each night, you may target one player in a PM and you will guard them until the following sunrise. This player will be immune from all attacks that night.
    If the Avatar is currently praying in Jhelom, you will also kill anyone attacking the player you decide to guard.

You are…

Jaana.gif

Jaana, a druid. A talented magic user, you were a key asset until they took the ability to cast magic from the companions. Since the destruction of the Black Gate, you have once again returned to Yew, when the Avatar is praying there, your vote counts double. You are also the companion embodying Justice.

You are a guard! Each night, you may target one player in a PM and you will guard them magically until the following sunrise. This player will be immune from all attacks that night.
    If the Avatar is currently praying in Yew, you will also be told who attacked the person you are guarding.

You are…

109px-Julia_U6.GIF

Julia, a tinker. Not particularly adept at combat, you assist the Avatar by constructing various objects. Such as panpipes. Seriously. You make your home in Minoc, when the Avatar is praying there, your vote counts double. You are the companion embodying Sacrifice.

You are a nullfier! Each night, you may target one player in a PM and force them to join you in embodying sacrifice. Any powers they attempt to use that night will not work. If you target a member of the Fellowship, you will have a chance to remove one of their kills for that night.
    If the Avatar is currently praying in Minoc, you will become a bus driver for that night. Select two players, any ability used on player A will instead be used on player B and vice versa.

You are…

Katrina.gif

Katrina, a shepherd. The least powerful of the Avatar’s companions, you nonetheless joined each of his quests to save Britannia. You were the only survivor of the daemon attack on Magincia and now live in the rebuilt New Magincia, when the Avatar is praying there, your vote counts double. You are the companion embodying Humility.

You are a nullifier! Each night, you may target one player in a PM and make them as humble as you are. Any powers they attempt to use that night will not work. If you target a member of the Fellowship, you will have a chance to remove one of their kills for that night.
    If the Avatar is currently praying in New Magincia, you will additionally be informed of the ability you nullified.

You are…

Mariah.gif

Mariah, the mage among the Avatar’s companions. For centuries, you have worked in the Lyceum, and are among the most knowledgeable people in Britannia. Having recovered from the Guardian’s last ploy, you are more committed than most to preventing this new plot. You make your home in Moonglow and when the Avatar is praying there, your vote counts double.

You are a public seer! Each night, you may target a player by PMing me their name. You will divine their role with a spell. However, not knowing who is who, you decide to broadcast the information to the entire kingdom. That player’s role will be revealed in that night’s narration.
    If the Avatar is currently praying in Moonglow, you will be PMed the results of the seering and may choose to make it public or not.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, agreements with most of what you said. The amount of seers and vig kills pushed it in the village's favour considerably.

Did you consider making the gargoyles neutral rather than good? You were on a good track by making them red and having narration "shaded against" but it really didn't do much considering who died to boomerangs the first few nights.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Assorted good guys (and Chuckles):
    You are…

sherry.png

Sherry the Mouse! You are tremendously cute, have a tremendous craving for cheese, and pack a surprising punch for being a mouse. You also read Lord British his bedtime story and know his secret. You live in Lord British’s castle in Britain, when the Avatar is praying there, your vote counts double.

You have proved yourself to Lord British, who is ShadowThomas
    Additionally, you have a lightning wand left over from Avatar’s quest to save Britannia from the gargoyle invasion. Once during the game, you may use it to kill a player of your choice. PM me your target whenever you would like to use this ability.

You are…

lord_british.jpg

Lord British! That’s right, you are Richard Garriott himself. Also the King of Britannia. Normally you sit around on your throne and let the Avatar save your kingdom for you, but with the identity problems currently going on, you’ve decided to take a more active role. Somehow, you lost your invulnerability and death touch rings, though your healing powers remain. You live in your castle in Britain, when the Avatar is praying there, your vote counts double.

As King, you have multiple powers:
    Sherry has proven to you she is actually the mouse you know, as she’s the only one who knows that Nell is not pregnant with her fiance’s child, but yours! She is B:L.
    The first time the Avatar is killed while you are alive, you will resurrect him, though his identity will be revealed to all.
    Additionally, once during the game, you can resurrect any dead player other than the Avatar. PM me this player’s name at any point.
    Lastly, your kill vote counts double. This does mean it’s worth 4 votes when we’re in Britain, so use it wisely!

You are…

Nystul.gif

Nystul, Lord British’s royal magician! Ever since the battle with the gargoyles, where your vision saved the Avatar from certain death, you have been a huge asset to the Avatar and the kingdom. You live in Lord British’s castle in Britain, when the Avatar is praying there, your vote counts double.

You are a seer! Each night, you may PM me with the name of a player and focusing your visions, you will divine their role.

You are…

Chuckles.gif

Chuckles the Jester. You make terrible jokes, but somehow Lord British finds you amusing. Frankly, you could care less about the stupid kingdom. Making your home in Lord British’s castle in Britain, when the Avatar is praying there, your vote counts double. All you want to do is survive. You get the feeling the Avatar is getting pretty tired of your “clues” though…

Powers: none (Yeah, sorry, I hate Chuckles; you can make obnoxious jokes in the thread if you like)

Victory condition: Survive to the end of the game.
    You are…

Garg.gif

A Gargoyle! Having been forced from your home in the underworld after the Avatar removed the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom causing the whole realm to collapse, you have settled on an island off Britannia’s coast. Finding Lord British reasonable, you continue to honor the peace brokered by the Avatar 200 years ago. Some among the populace of Britannia still don’t trust you though.

Along with your fellow gargoyles (you have a secret handshake), ______ and ________, you will try to help the kingdom survive this newest attack by the Guardian. Each night, the three of you may PM me the name of one player who will be killed by a vicious boomerang attack.

Be warned, you will seer as Gargoyle and generally the narration will be shaded against you, so the village may not believe you are on their side.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Good stuff.

What was the win condition for the gargoyles?

edit: nvm, should have refreshed.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, agreements with most of what you said. The amount of seers and vig kills pushed it in the village's favour considerably.

Did you consider making the gargoyles neutral rather than good? You were on a good track by making them red and having narration "shaded against" but it really didn't do much considering who died to boomerangs the first few nights.

Nah, they're strictly good in the games, and as I said, top down design trying to fit the theme.

The red seering/deaths were meant to simulate the racism of Britannia. This would work better if it weren't you know, a fairly beloved series that people (B:L and jdarksun in particular) knew the gargoyles would be on Britannia's side.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Wow, I survived. Grats all. Guess I will get you next time Honk. Next time!

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So, this was obviously flawed. Fundamentally, I think my mistake was doing what Mark Rosewater calls "Top Down Design." I took a theme and then tried to fit the mechanics to it, without worrying so much about balance. Nystul I think was the biggest mistake and should have been a serial killer role (Lord Blackthorn?). Also, Jebus' power was backwards. It should have been a seering with the bonus being making it public, instead of the other way around.

I also kind of screwed The Avatar by needing him to make a kill (Chuckles) without giving him an actual kill. I thought convincing the network to waste a kill they didn't need would be an interesting idea, but he never really tried. I also think that the Chuckles role (survive) probably wasn't a ton of fun, as taking risks and getting noticed was awful for him. Corbius, care to comment?

The game could have gone a LOT different. B:L targeted his one shot lightning wand kill on The Avatar night one, which would have made life interesting, even though Lord British had an auto-rez on him. Also Drez had targeted Fidoh originally on night one, and he absolutely slaughtered a lot of the Fellowship's ideas with well placed guards (he and Alegis had a sort of pre-game alliance, so the guard was in contact with a vig before day one ended). Then you guys managed to vote out Batlin and seer Hook on the very first day... it was obvious to become a blowout.

I realized after I did it that I should have explicitly warned in the OP that the village should behave sportsmanlike and in line with the Virtues or be punished, as I think that is a somewhat arbitrary but fitting and interesting game mechanic. If I ever run another one of these, I will probably implement something like that.

Also, I think I should have given the individual cultists a power linked to the opposite of whatever that town's virtue was. So for Honest they'd get something deceitful, but I couldn't figure out how to make it weak enough to be in the entire game or a trigger for it. Maybe eliminating the associating companion would have worked nicely, in retrospect.

My initial plan for the game was something someone suggested on one of the various proboards, but later LaOs and I decided it would have been hilariously broken in favor of the village (which...oops). The idea was for The Avatar to gain the companions each time he visited a new town. So there would be an automatically growing network. Maybe if I had toned down the companion powers that would have worked OK, but I'm not really sure.

Other thoughts as I have them, and I'll start posting role PMs in a few here.

Yeah I totally didn't even realize I had to kill someone specific. So I decided to lay low.

D:

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Vanillagers!
    You are…

200px-Britain.jpg

A citizen of Britain! Britannia’s largest and wealthiest city, it is centered upon Lord British’s castle. You feel pretty safe, with the King right there to protect you, and the Avatar usually spends a good amount of time here. At the very least, he tends to rob the mint. As a citizen of Britain, when the Avatar is praying there, your vote counts double.

You are…

200px-Trinsic.jpg

A citizen of Trinsic! As the town where the Avatar began his quest to destroy the Black Gate, you know all too well the brutality of the Fellowship. Beginning to rebuild after the scandal caused by the brutal murder of the town blacksmith, you just want this war to be over. As a citizen of Trinsic, when the Avatar is praying there, your vote counts double.

You are…

200px-SBrae.jpg

A citizen of Skara Brae! Rebuilding the city destroyed by the lich Horance, you are creating a new life for yourself here. Unfortunately, just when things seemed to be returning to normal, the Guardian’s spell has tossed everything on its head. You desperately want to end the attack on Britannia. As a citizen of Skara Brae, when the Avatar is praying there, your vote counts double.

You are…

200px-Jhelom.jpg

A citizen of Jhelom! The headquarters of Britannia’s fighters, you are one of the many people here skilled in combat. However, you have no way to know who to fight, so you will merely tell the messenger who should be killed. As a citizen of Jhelom, when the Avatar is praying there, your vote counts double.

You are…

200px-Yew.jpg

A citizen of Yew! Yew is devoted to the art of druidism and the virtue of Justice. Despite being the home of Britannia’s main prison, yours is generally the kindest town in the kingdom. The Guardian’s plot has turned you against each other and he must be stopped. As a citizen of Yew, when the Avatar is praying there, your vote counts double.

You are…

200px-Minoc.jpg

A citizen of Minoc! Minoc is a city of craftsmen. Home to the best shops, artisans, the land’s sawmill and largest shipwright, Minoc is a sprawling center of commerce. Business has been interrupted by the Guardian’s spell, however, and you want to get this over with as quickly as possible. As a citizen of Minoc, when the Avatar is praying there, your vote counts double.

You are…

200px-NewMagi.jpg

A citizen of New Magincia! New Magincia is the rebuilt town of Humility. Home to more sheep than humans, New Magincia is a quiet, lonely place. You’d like to keep it that way and tend to your flocks. As a citizen of New Magincia, when the Avatar is praying there, your vote counts double.

You are…

200px-Moonglow.jpg

A citizen of Moonglow! Moonglow is the home to many of Britannia’s mages. Home to the Lyceum, Moonglow is the center of Britannian scholarship. Frankly, you just want to retire to your research, but realize that won’t be possible if the Guardian takes over. So you’ll do everything you can to prevent it. When the Avatar is praying in Moonglow, your vote counts double

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The other thing: I probably should have just made the Avatar an NPC.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The Fellowship:
    You are really…

200px-Fellowship2.jpg

A member of the Fellowship! Devoted to The Triad of Inner Strength (Strive for Unity, Trust Thy Brother, and Worthiness Precedes Reward), the Fellowship exploded into Britannia about 10 years ago. Exposed by the Avatar as a front for The Guardian’s assault, they have been outlawed. You have gone into hiding among the populace of Britain and have triggered the spell which made everyone appear identical.

Your goal is to conquer Britain for The Guardian and be rewarded for your assistance in delivering this land to him. Ignore all previous win conditions. However, any part of a previous PM that mentioned a location remains valid.

The Fellowship collectively has two kills. PM me your targets each night.

Your new victory condition is: You win when the Fellowship controls the vote.

Batlin is Tiphareth, Hook is Hippie, The Fellowship is composed of Cinders, HamHamJ, Gosling, Gonmun, Teucrian, kime, Taranis, and Drez.
    You are really…

Hook.gif

Hook! The master assassin and enforcer of the Fellowship, you were resurrected by Batlin after the battle at The Black Gate. Out for revenge against the Avatar, you are even more murderous than before.

Power:
    You have a kill of your own. This third Fellowship kill will be lost if you die.

Special victory condition! In addition to the Fellowship win condition of needing to control the vote, the Avatar must be dead for you to score a complete victory.

Batlin is Tiphareth, The Fellowship is composed of Cinders, HamHamJ, Gosling, Gonmun, Teucrian, kime, Taranis, and Drez.
    You are really…

118px-Batlin1.gif

Batlin! The leader of the Fellowship, and The Guardian’s second in command in Britannia. A powerful magician and manipulator of people, you seek to become The Guardian’s most powerful lieutenant and secretly to supplant him.

Power:
    The first time you would be killed, you shrug it off, being semi-immortal.

Hook is Hippie, The Fellowship is composed of Cinders, HamHamJ, Gosling, Gonmun, Teucrian, kime, Taranis, and Drez.
    The citizens of Britannia have abandoned their virtues. This has created an opening for you. As followers of the Guardian, you believe in his eight anti-virtues. Each may be selected TWICE total.

Choose two each night:
    Sobriety - Nullify an ability of the target's
    Punctuality - close the vote (and thus all actions) two hours early (they won't know til midnight)
    Obedience - Convert someone, they get no choice if they're a villager
    Vigilance - guard someone (two kills aimed at them or the vote will still hit)
    Conformity - target three players, they will vote how you choose
    Efficiency - extra kill
    Silence - nullify an action targeted on a person
    Diligence - make one of your kills an unblockable kill

That last one was obviously originally "The Avatar has fallen, and the citizens of Britannia's faith in the Virtues has been shaken."

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah I totally didn't even realize I had to kill someone specific. So I decided to lay low.

D:

Oh DUE you never change.

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Oh FUCK, I edited the win condition to further the cause of racism against the Gargoyles and forgot to re-write in The Avatar's win condition of killing Chuckles.

Sorry, DUE.

DUE is also a winner! The results portion of the final narration has been changed to reflection. You're still banished to Serpent Isle for attempting to murder Chuckles with a powder keg though.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    EB, thanks a ton for the game it was fun.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Fellowship boards (Gosling has to open them):
    http://mtvcdm53098.proboards.com/index.cgi

Gargoyle board until they (well, roman) joined the network:
    http://threesitting.proboards.com/index.cgi

That one is open as I was given admin privileges.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Also Drez had targeted Fidoh originally on night one, and he absolutely slaughtered a lot of the Fellowship's ideas with well placed guards (he and Alegis had a sort of pre-game alliance, so the guard was in contact with a vig before day one ended).

It wasn't a pre-game alliance, though an alliance nonetheless.

Convenient of the fellowship to attack me on the first evening to confirm the role/alignments. Moving to Jhelom for the counter-kill became easier to convince the citizens.

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I want to see the mafia proboard.

I know it's gonna be all "We gotta take out Nocturne early because he's just too damn good."

Edit: Oh hey it's up now. Edit 2: Well not really.

Nocturne on