As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Of Monitor Mounts and purchasing

DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
I currently have 2 24" monitors that I feel would be better suited mounted to a system, where I can easily move them around if need be, and 1 of the monitors I would like to swap between portrait and landscape orientations(I will actually probably be keeping it in portrait 100% of the time while the other monitor will be landscape.

I have been looking around for items to do this, utilizing google, newegg and amazon, however it comes to my attention that my knowledge is limited on what is actually good for these services, and what price range I should actually be expecting.

I do know the following:
I would like something that would stand on my desk, not a wall mount.
My desk is really cheap, build it yourself boxes from Target. I dont think it would handle a huge amount of weight mounted(ie drilled) into it(buit what do i know, it handles 2 of them free standing). I am unsure if a clamp on the side would be the best idea either if it could cause a possibility of tipping. However I bow to your guys knowledge on if this would be a problem or not.

These are the monitors in question: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Monitors/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=04&sku=A2542549
They do have the 4 mounting brackets on the back of them. the page says they weigh 11 lbs (I notice on product pages for mounts this is an issue)

Help me PA, you are my only hope! The goal of the thread is to discuss your solutions, your needs for mounting solutions for your monitors (and tvs? or would that be out of scope?), not just my issue above. I know some PA'ers have made custom systems for their 3 monitor setups and did very sexy jobs of it.

steam_sig.png
DiannaoChong on