As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Obtaining old medical records

TopShopGamerTopShopGamer Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm interested in getting my medical records from when I was born. Where should I go for them though? Will my doctor have them or do I need to contact the hospitals I was born and treated at?

I'm sure someone knows how to go about this and I'd really appreciate the help.

TopShopGamer on

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Your doctor probably will. If not, you'd probably have to call the hospital.

Why the interest?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Golden GodGolden God Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Also don’t get your hopes up to high. Depending on when you were born all your info may be on microfiche. I had all my medical records mysteriously lost 10 years ago during a reorganizing of the hospital I was born at. But other than that your best bet isthe hospital. If not there the state you were born at sometimes have back-ups that they will photocopy and mail you for a fee, 40 bucks if your from New York.

Golden God on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TopShopGamerTopShopGamer Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I have an apointment with my doctor next month so I guess I'll start there. I hope he has it because fees like that stack up with 3 hospitals involved.

As for the reason, I had a lot of complications from birth to my first year and knowing more about them may help with some current issues.

Thanks for the tips guys.

TopShopGamer on
  • Options
    CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I called my family doctor asking for records. A week later they call me back, theyre ready. I picked em up Friday, and they had EVERYTHING. All the way back to hospital trips and birth. Aparrently, when I was born, I had crooked toes.

CangoFett on