As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shipping Items to the States

Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry!Owl York CityRegistered User regular
edited January 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So my mom has a friend who came back from Germany to Kentucky, and while over there she had some Kinder chocolate. In particular, she likes the Kinder Surprise eggs. Due to some FDA law, they can't be sold in the US, which is obviously a problem for her. Would it be legal to buy them here in Canada and ship them down to her?

Rear Admiral Choco on

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So my mom has a friend who came back from Germany to Kentucky, and while over there she had some Kinder chocolate. In particular, she likes the Kinder Surprise eggs. Due to some FDA law, they can't be sold in the US, which is obviously a problem for her. Would it be legal to buy them here in Canada and ship them down to her?

I'm not sure, but I do know that for Secret Satans (etc.), Canadians send Americans all sorts of candies and foodstuffs we have up here that they don't down there (like Smarties and Clodhoppers, etc). Just call a courier company and ask? Purolator and the others (probably even Canada Post) will know.

LaOs on
  • Options
    MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Are these the chocolate eggs that have small toys inside? If that's the cause I think the only reason the FDA doesn't allow them stateside is cause kids could get choked on the toys, but I doubt if you shipped them if it would be a problem. I would just call the post office as well.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • Options
    Captain VashCaptain Vash Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    LaOs wrote: »

I'm not sure, but I do know that for Secret Satans (etc.), Canadians send Americans all sorts of candies and foodstuffs we have up here that they don't down there (like Smarties and Clodhoppers, etc). Just call a courier company and ask? Purolator and the others (probably even Canada Post) will know.

impact'd for delicious.

but yeah, it probably isn't a problem, and if you don't specifically label the box as "OMG FDA BANNED FOOD STUFFS" it'll probably never even come up, but it could never hurt to check with the post office, just ask!

Captain Vash on
    twitterforweb.Stuckens.1,1,500,f4f4f4,0,c4c4c4,000000.png
  • Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    If the problem are the small toys, there are other presentations of kinder chocolate you could order which don't have the small toys.

There are normal chocolate bars made with kinder chocolate.

Unless you are collecting the toys.

Joe Camacho MKII on
    steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options
    WeretacoWeretaco Cubicle Gangster Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I actually heard something on the radio a couple weeks before Christmas asking people to stop sending the Kinder surprise eggs to the US because they are not allowed to be sold (choking hazard or some such).

I'd stick to the other tasty Canadian treats like our smarties and aero bars

Weretaco on
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yes indeed, these are the eggs with the toys inside.

I'll just pass the word along, then. I believe she's looking for the eggs specifically, but we can always give the post office a shout and see what's up.

Thanks everyone!

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    WeretacoWeretaco Cubicle Gangster Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Weretaco on
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • Options
    SpherickSpherick Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Weretaco wrote: »
    I actually heard something on the radio a couple weeks before Christmas asking people to stop sending the Kinder surprise eggs to the US because they are not allowed to be sold (choking hazard or some such).

Holy shit, you guys have aero bars up in Canada? I thought that was only an English thing. Now I need to look into buying some online.

edit: Shops sell Kinder Eggs in the states. Theres at least 2 german markets I know of in Tampa that have them.

Spherick on
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Spherick wrote: »
    Weretaco wrote: »

Holy shit, you guys have aero bars up in Canada? I thought that was only an English thing. Now I need to look into buying some online.

edit: Shops sell Kinder Eggs in the states. Theres at least 2 german markets I know of in Tampa that have them.

Aero bars can be had at any "Cost Plus World Market" in the Northwest, I don't know if they're nationwide but I think they are and you could always see if you have them in Floridaland.

(Actually, Albertson's in Oregon carries them as well, but I'm pretty sure that's a localism, they're stocked in the British foods section with the custard & clotted cream, etc)

baudattitude on