As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Team Nope-tress 2

• Options
    Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Goomba wrote: »
    xzzy wrote: »
    And pubs are better again how so???

Everyone minds their own business on a pub. If I want to sit around as a C&D spy for an hour doing nothing, I can. If I want to be a terrible demo and stand on top of a dispenser spamming pipes, no one cares. If a team gets steamrolled, life goes on. A bunch of people ragequit, but their slots get filled back up in about 30 seconds. A single bad map doesn't kill the server.

I can actually relax and have fun playing the game, instead of it feeling like boot camp.

Sorry you can't relax while being good at the game bro
    the entire smug unironic "HEH I just killed two people I own" shit that happens multiple times a round
    :whistle:

Also Flippy I never brag about how awesome I am at the game in the server. I hardly ever talk except maybe to call people idiots. Or talk about how dumb a class is, or how lucky a shot was, or how you are a bad sniper.

This coming from TF2 thread white noise poster #1 who laments the horrors of PA servers yet plays on them daily

cp_badlands0002.jpg
    koth_mariokart2_b20002.jpg

And really, if you can't 'relax' and have fun on the PA servers, which are probably the chillest place I've found to play TF2 on, maybe you belong on the pubs? vOv

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    davincie wrote: »
    How are the LC's anyway?

Never been on them.. goons bitch about the exact same things PAers do.. I have a feeling the play experience is about the same as well.
    I hear it's exactly like PA servers only more racism and bad in-jokes.
    Confirming that this is accurate. Also, more "irony".

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    I dunno enders screeching into my ears isn't what I call chill?

edit: Also I don't know what those screenshots prove other than you think I would actually be shouting into my microphone because I screwed up reflecting stuff or something?

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I dunno enders screeching into my ears isn't what I call chill?

enders singing lady gaga into my ears is

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Everyone minds their own business on a pub. If I want to sit around as a C&D spy for an hour doing nothing, I can. If I want to be a terrible demo and stand on top of a dispenser spamming pipes, no one cares. If a team gets steamrolled, life goes on. A bunch of people ragequit, but their slots get filled back up in about 30 seconds. A single bad map doesn't kill the server.

I can actually relax and have fun playing the game, instead of it feeling like boot camp.
    Dude all you do is post crap about PA and never go in the servers anyway.

I've literally seen you in the servers like 4x ever.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I like PA servers. 'Nuff said.

Mandalorian Rooster on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm with this man...DALORE

HA! 8-)

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Goomba, we do care if Enders has gone to the gym or not. A good clump of people on the PA servers live next to each other.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Dude all you do is post crap about PA and never go in the servers anyway.

I've literally seen you in the servers like 4x ever.
    "Why do you go into the servers so much if you hate them???"
    "Uh you never go into the servers so......"

Also for the past week or so I've muted voice chat and it was much better but then recently there's been a lot of choke on all of the servers so they aren't even better than pubs when it comes to stability.
    Erich Zahn wrote: »
    Goomba, we do care if Enders has gone to the gym or not. A good clump of people on the PA servers live next to each other.

A good clump of the people that talks, yeah. There's more than just four or five people on when the server is full.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Erich Zahn wrote: »
    He comes over and eats all my food, so ynow, I gotta keep ontop of him goin to the gym. fatass.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

HA! 8-)

I lol'd.

Also, I must agree. I like the social aspect of the PA servers, on pubs I get wayyy too bored trying to solo while the only people who have mics are a thirteen year old and one other guy going "does anyone besides this kid have a mic?"

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    nealcm wrote: »

HA! 8-)

I lol'd.

Also, I must agree. I like the social aspect of the PA servers, on pubs I get wayyy too bored trying to solo while the only people who have mics are a thirteen year old and one other guy going "does anyone besides this kid have a mic?"
    Again I don't know how you guys work or anything but I don't like people screeching into my ear. This is just my opinion so don't get angry okay!

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Again I don't know how you guys work or anything but I don't like people screeching into my ear. This is just my opinion so don't get angry okay!
    No that's fine, I usually yell right back at enders, call him FAT as loud as possible.

Enders' is ok most of the time, but you'll catch him every now and then in his "outdoor voice".

And by "outdoor voice" I mean he puts his mic directly into his mouth and screams as loud as possible.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i have to dispute this screeching thing

everyone who talks in the servers has an alright voice, no one really has a loud mic (if one person bothers you, mute them?)

i have no clue where you are coming from with this "screeching" thing

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Is Goomba being facetious? This is pretty funny if he isn't. Hey if you hate smug people, why do you love to bring up that flaregun thing with me every chance you get?

I like the PA servers. I also think there are more good pubs than people give credit. That being said, if the PA servers are empty I don't bother playing at all. I'd rather play with people I know. To act like they are worse attitude and skill-wise than pubs is completely absurd.

(I never hear anyone talk about their personal lives. I guess I play at the wrong times or something?)

Adus on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sometimes I think I speak way too loudly into my mic. Hope I haven't, though.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    davinciedavincie Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    davincie wrote: »
    How are the LC's anyway?

Never been on them.. goons bitch about the exact same things PAers do.. I have a feeling the play experience is about the same as well.
    I hear it's exactly like PA servers only more racism and bad in-jokes.
    Confirming that this is accurate. Also, more "irony".

To be fair a lot of our jokes are stolen from there, like all off the youtubes.

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Just to check this correctly, Goomba:

- You hate people talking
    - You hate our apparently awful play
    - You muted the chat so now it's literally just a smattering of typing and silence and our awful play

And you still hate it. But play it. And come in here. To complain. Every goddamn day.

You're not here for the skill, or the community, so why are you here?

Maybe you're just fucking autistic.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010

everyone who talks in the servers has an alright voice, no one really has a loud mic (if one person bothers you, mute them?)

the only thing I can think of is snappy screeching when she is about to die

which just makes me laugh

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Yea goomba is just a baby babe. It's literally just enders' who does this.

You go to a pub, I guarantee you'll get at least 1 piper, 2 dudes that are just talking to each other and no one else, and a couple 14 yr olds screaming into the mic.

Yet instead of muting him, he goes to this page and farts on about it.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    No that's fine, I usually yell right back at enders, call him FAT as loud as possible.

Enders' is ok most of the time, but you'll catch him every now and then in his "outdoor voice".

And by "outdoor voice" I mean he puts his mic directly into his mouth and screams as loud as possible.
    Oh right, people shout a lot. I was thinking more Asiina but yeah.

I mean there's some people I enjoy playing with and I won't name names but there's also some people that just make playing a pain unless you muuute them.

Again just imo so don't like make a big angry rant that doesn't actually make sense enders!!!
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    Just to check this correctly, Goomba:

- You hate people talking
    - You hate our apparently awful play
    - You muted the chat so now it's literally just a smattering of typing and silence and our awful play

And you still hate it. But play it. And come in here. To complain. Every goddamn day.

You're not here for the skill, or the community, so why are you here?

Maybe you're just fucking autistic.
    Um I never said anyone was awful? Or that I hate people talking? I said that I hated people being really loud into the microphone and that you're not really better than pubs (as in pubs aren't that bad but okay?) Also what I just said up there.

edit: rak I don't mind when enders talks!!! Just the really loud and obnoxious people!! Not you either Flippy!

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    you guys smell that?
    Raw-Meat-1.jpg

MF2.0

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    If I see Asiina, Snappy, KimChi, or Cango, they get insta-muted.

It makes playing on PA servers a lot nicer. But I still sometimes wish everyone would shut up so I can actually hear the game sounds while I'm doing something where hearing would be nice like playing spy or sniper.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    With the prevalence of the targe demo, the dh soldier, and the natascha heavy, it is literally retarded to use the backburner.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    actually Goomba you call us awful on a pretty regular basis, you could at least keep track of your trolls

Zek on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    With the prevalence of the targe demo, the dh soldier, and the natascha heavy, it is literally retarded to use the backburner
    literally

1385396-1.png
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    ShrikeTheAvatarShrikeTheAvatar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    See, this is why I said I'd rather play in the servers than read the thread.

ShrikeTheAvatar on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Pancake wrote: »

It makes playing on PA servers a lot nicer. But I still sometimes wish everyone would shut up so I can actually hear the game sounds while I'm doing something where hearing would be nice like playing spy or sniper.

in voice options you can reduce voice recieve volume

also you can turn up game audio

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    See, this is why I said I'd rather play in the servers than read the thread.
    at least you do that instead of just posting and no playing, like some people.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I don't call people awful unless it's flippy and I am doing so in a completely non-hostile manner (except he thinks I'm trolling him because hohoho that troll Goomba!!!!) or when people can't take out a sentry for five minutes. Not that I've really been talking in-game much at all lately.
    With the prevalence of the targe demo, the dh soldier, and the natascha heavy, it is literally retarded to use the backburner.
    Here let me fix that up for you.

With the prevalence of the [strike]targe demo, the dh soldier, and the[/strike] natascha heavy, it is literally retarded to [strike]use the backburner[/strike] play pyro.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I don't think I've played against a heavy using Notsasha since the buff. Is it just annoying like the sandman, or is it actually useful?

Mandalorian Rooster on
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    i like talking to people about their lives in the middle of the game

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    We would talk more about our real lives here but that would get the thread banned :(

1385396-1.png
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I don't think I've played against a heavy using Notsasha since the buff. Is it just annoying like the sandman, or is it actually useful?
    Both.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2010

it's got a deathgrip now

very useful, i would actually prefer a natascha heavy first on a team that is pushing together, although you really only need one per team

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    the puns

they be rollin'

T4CT on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    IIRC you recently claimed that Pyros can only do well because PA players as a whole are awful.

Zek on
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

It's a lot more annoying than the sandman IMO, but like all heavies their annoyance is greatly reduced if you have skilled snipers and spies (har har har).
    Pancake wrote: »

in voice options you can reduce voice recieve volume

No, I keep that maxed. People who talk too loud need to adjust their mic volume (either via Steam or Windows) or disable mic boost.

Or learn to not be so fucking loud.
    also you can turn up game audio

I have it maxed. Some people still talk too fucking loud.
    Some people also sound like they're fellating their microphone.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Zek wrote: »
    IIRC you recently claimed that Pyros can only do well because PA players as a whole are awful.
    YRI. I said how well a pyro does is completely dependent on the other team.

Also I recall where I said the PA servers are pits of shit that you have to wade around in??? I listed some annoying stuff that happens and as usually everyone dogpiles on me because I've been (unfairly) labeled a troll. In general the servers are fun but not some shining beacon or anything. Don't get so offended!!!

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    the servers are indeed shining beacons

if you have a mic and like to talk to people

and are able to play decently while doing so

SuMa.Lustre on