As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lets get LOST. One. More. Time.

• Options
    EclipsedPlanetEclipsedPlanet Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    teamflowinglocks.jpg

I love this so much. I'm gonna make it my desktop.

EclipsedPlanet on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2010
    oh my god I got that dharma orientation kit from amazon today

it rules

also I'd totally go to a lost theme park attraction

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    DesertBoxDesertBox Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The LOST theme park attraction is the only one I wouldn't mind. The other ones make me wary. Comic books, novels, another tv series, or a film all sound bad. When this season is over I want the story to be over.

Of course this is from USA Today, and their specialty is pretty graphs, not ... you know .... journalism

DesertBox on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    there are already lost novels

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    the season isn't over

DesertBox on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I don't see how that's relevant!

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    DesertBox wrote: »
    The LOST theme park attraction is the only one I wouldn't mind. The other ones make me wary. Comic books, novels, another tv series, or a film all sound bad. When this season is over I want the story to be over.

Of course this is from USA Today, and their specialty is pretty graphs, not ... you know .... journalism

Essentially I want the final episode to be the final say in the LOST universe, since that is what I think Damon & Carlton's original plan was.

Tacking on shit afterwards usually turns out terrible

DesertBox on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    the show's story will be over

you can ignore whatever comes later

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yes that is good and sensible advice, but then I would have to find another outlet for my irrational nerdrage

DesertBox on
  • Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Geebs did you get the submarine patch

did you

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

Essentially I want the final episode to be the final say in the LOST universe, since that is what I think Damon & Carlton's original plan was.

Tacking on shit afterwards usually turns out terrible

Farscape is NOT one of these situations.

The farscape comics after PKW are awesome.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    Dorktron9000Dorktron9000 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I think it's so crazy that Robert fucking Gibbs at some point felt the need to tell the AP "No, no, it's fine we won't preempt Lost."

What, was someone at the AP super fucking concerned about that?

Dorktron9000 on
  • Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I think it's so crazy that Robert fucking Gibbs at some point felt the need to tell the AP "No, no, it's fine we won't preempt Lost."

We're forgetting one other important thing on that day. It's Groundhog Day. Maybe Obama just didn't want to run the risk of of getting stuck doing an address over and over again and deciding to go water skiing in Hawaii or something.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    MikeRyu wrote: »

We're forgetting one other important thing on that day. It's Groundhog Day. Maybe Obama just didn't want to run the risk of of getting stuck doing an address over and over again and deciding to go water skiing in Hawaii or something.

I'm starting to wonder if Damon and Carlton didn't CHOOSE to be put on Tuesdays, just so they could debut on Groundhog's day.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Dislexic wrote: »
    MikeRyu wrote: »

I'm starting to wonder if Damon and Carlton didn't CHOOSE to be put on Tuesdays, just so they could debut on Groundhog's day.

It's suspiscious isn't it? ;-)

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    At this point, I find it hard to imagine an unsatisfying conclusion to this show. The finale last year was so bad but I was still with it the whole goddamn way.

Dorktron9000 on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    What? Last year's finale was great

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    At this point, I find it hard to imagine an unsatisfying conclusion to this show. The finale last year was so bad but I was still with it the whole goddamn way.

You are crazy if you thought season 5 finale was at all weak.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It may be the weakest of the season finales though. I'm trying to remember what happened in all of them.

captaink on
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    captaink wrote: »
    It may be the weakest of the season finales though. I'm trying to remember what happened in all of them.

Season 1 - Hatch Opened, Raft exploded

Season 2 - Hatch Explodes

Season 3 - Drunky Jackbeard and here comes the boat

Season 4 - Island disappears and Locke is future dead

Season 5 - Boom. And Not Locke tricks Ben into killing Jacob

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    captaink wrote: »

season 1:
    Rousseau takes Aaron, Monster "attacks" Locke, Arzt blew up, hatch blew up, raft blew up, that's prety much it

Season 2:
    BOAT, timer for the button runs to 0, failsafe key is turned, purple light, Hurley, Jack, Kate, and Sawyer are taken prisoner, Portugese man tells Penny: "I think we've found it"

Season 3:
    Others Attack camp, tents blow up, Others are killed, Hurley saves the day; Good vibrations, light turns off, Mikhail kills Bonnie and Greta, blows self up, drowns Chahlee; Locke has work to do, gets out of pit, knifes Naomi, Jack contacts freighter anyway; Jack goes to funeral home, sees coffin, "WE HAVE TO GO BACK"

Season 4:
    Oceanic 6 press conference; Jack: CLAIRE'S MY SISTER?!?; Others capture Sayid, Kate; Kate, Sayid, Others rescue Ben, kill Mercs, Keamy lives; Ben kills Keamy, freighter blows up, "So?"; Frozen Donkey Wheel, Island goes "Bloop"; Desmond and Penny reunite, Jack convinces them to lie, Locke is in the coffin

Season 5:
    Flocke tells Jacob about loophole; Jacob sees Sayid, Illana, Kate, Jack, Sawyer, Locke, Hurley; Kate tells Sawyer and Juliet they should stop Jack from "Booming" island, take over sub, get off, go back to Island, find Rose and Bernard "Son of a bitch"; Jack/Sayid go with Richard/Eloise to get bomb core, get bomb core, Richard knocks out Eloise; Roger Workman shoots Sayid, but they leave with Jin, Miles, and Hurley driving van to Swan construction, stopped by Kate, Sawyer, Juliet; Sawyer beats crap out of Jack, Juliet stops them; Radzinsky forces drilling to continue, things go nuts, Dr. Chang loses arm, Phil gets killed, Juliet goes for a ride, bomb gets dropped, Juliet bangs bomb against rock until white light; Illana and Bram get to Statue, talk to Richard, cargo is Locke in casket; Flocke makes Ben kill Jacob, "They're coming"

Phew, hope I didn't miss anything major

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I've been hiding a massive erection for months. I hope I can make it to the premiere without knocking some people out with swinging meat.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Geebs did you get the submarine patch

did you

nope

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    None of it made sense

Jack did what John would normally do, which I guess I can buy because he's now a "MAN OF FAITH".

Juliet did what Kate would normally do, possibly to make us like Kate more via reason of all lost women being insane.

Sawyer basically got led around by his dick and then still managed to care when that difficult bitch died.

and that whole sequence with the chain taking her down? please. that shit was weak and you know it.

I liked it, it tied up nicely. It's just the hoops they had the characters jump through to get there were a fucking stretch.

Dorktron9000 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    because there was absolutely no lead up to any of those things happening

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    and that whole sequence with the chain taking her down? please. that shit was weak and you know it.

Fuck you

And the way I saw it, Sawyer wasn't so much being led around by his dick anymore than he was simply angry with Jack, and I mean shit, I would be too. Sawyer's had a shit life. Parents tragically dead. Living as a con man. Going to the past, he'd finally found a decent way of life with a beautiful woman. Then here comes the doctor that has had everything handed to him that completely fucks up that way of life and then wants to undo all of Sawyer's happiness. Why? Because he thinks that maybe there's a chance he'll end up with the most retarded fucking bimbo/murderer on the planet.

The Jack/Sawyer fight may well have been my favorite part of "The Incident". Especially his delivery of "Who the hell do you think you are? I had a life!"

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dorktron, I think you may be fundamentally flawed in some fashion. In a brain fashion perhaps.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Dorktron, I think you may be fundamentally flawed in some fashion. In a brain fashion perhaps.

I suggest electro shock therapy.

Nurse! Fetch me the healing clamps!

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hey lets go get on the sub

No fuck the sub lets go back to the island

Sawyer you have to go stop Jack

Sawyer we have to help Jack

Oh no this chain is going to kill me I guess bye bye

Dorktron9000 on
  • Options
    MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dorktron you are in the wrong thread

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Just started watching this on instant because I need a break from video games and holy shit there are a lot of episodes to spend time on. Only at episode 7 so far, and it's been pretty good. The whole character introduction by episode thing is cool. Sawyer seems to be the most interesting, but they're all good. Jack and Kate are a little dull though.

Not sure what to think about Locke. I want to love the hell out of him, but on the other hand
    It would make a lot of sense for him to have knocked out Sayid. He seems to put a lot of faith in the "magic" of the island, and he could think that leaving it would cripple him again.

About to start what I'm assuming is the Sayid intro episode. Pretty excited, he's been a pretty great character so far.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    oh man keep updating with theories

this isn't even sarcastic or anything, it's just like...a time machine, I guess! like when someone watched star wars with no prior knowledge and posted theories just based on the first movie

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    *grabs some pop-corn*

Cilla, please post impressions after every single episode. None of us can watch the series for the first time again. You have an awesome power.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I put my faith in Cilla

He's going to keep the lead-up to the season six premiere very interesting

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well I suppose I'm honor bound to keep this up now.

Yeah Sayid is pretty awesome. Looking forward to seeing more of Danielle though.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    you know, lost did a pretty damned good job overall of introducing new characters

nikki and pablo excluded, I guess

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Paulo

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Their introduction is shitty

Their episode is awesome

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Oh man, this show can really do a good job with presentation. The first ~10 minutes of the pilot episode are some of the most intense I've seen on TV, and just now with Claire's dream and the splitting plane crib hanger. Really cool stuff.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Nikki was pretty dang good looking though

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.