As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

DVD Authoring help needed

Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the HolyRegistered User regular
OK, I have a bunch of .mp4 files which I need to turn into a DVD that will play in a generic home player, ideally with menus and stuff.

What is the easiest/quickest route to this destination, bearing in mind that I have minimal experience and no software?
  • Software recommendations
  • Tips/tricks
  • Technical advice
All greatly appreciated.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
Mr_Rose on

• tachyontachyon Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Not that this is the only solution, but do you have a Mac? iMovie/iDVD does this with ease. If not, do you know of someone with a Mac? This would literally take under an hour to do (minus burning time.)

tachyon on
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    No Macs, sorry.

Update: What I've now got (executive override, not my decision) is Nero 9, so if people know about that, that would be great.

I have managed to arrange the available samples into the correct order in a Nero project and extract the three languages to separate audio files.

Now I need to put the video onto the disc with the original language(s) and have the three translations selectable by menu.

Edit: It occurs to me that I have neglected to add context; this is a recording of a conference that I have been tasked with producing a DVD of. There is no way all four hours are going to fit onto the disc thrice, so this audio/video separation is a must.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • m4v1sm4v1s Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Never done multitrack audio with it, but DVDFlick has always worked for me.
    http://www.dvdflick.net/

m4v1s on