As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EQ] Free EverQuest Classic Server - It's Good To Be Back

• Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Darmak wrote: »
    Fallout wrote: »
    Oh...

Oh my god.

Oh no. Oh fuck me.

Don't let me do this. I... I have to leave this thread, now.

Comon, you know you want to. It's actually a fucking ton of fun (if you liked the original EQ), I just hit level 9 and got my first spells as a paladin!

i dont think its the grind,or not fun hes mainly trying to tell you hes a crack addict and EQ is his crack.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    krylon666krylon666 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So I played a bit last night, mostly around Qeynos but I made a halfing just to checkout the old Misty Thicket again. I'm still not set on what class I want to play though. If anyone feels like reminding me on what I should be doing up to like level 10 I'd appreciate it. I know for the most part its just grinding, but there are some quests that help along the way. Or basically, what are your guy's TODO lists when you start a new character?

krylon666 on
  • Options
    BrianBrian Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Don't worry about gear for the most part, don't worry about saving up cash in the start. Only level. The cash and gear flows in the higher levels.

Brian on
  • Options
    JordyJordy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hey all,

I am a long time lurker on this forum...I've had this account for awhile but never really posted...I seldom have anything to say... :P

Though I must say I found this thread and freaked out. Reading your posts makes me want to play this game again, but...I have a quick question...

I looked on Ebay and Amazon marketplace and I can't find anyone who will ship to China. Anyone here know of any sellers who do? I looked on all the big Chinese marketplaces but they don't have the right versions needed for the EQemulator.

If anyone knows of any I would be indebted to you forever. I have a month off work for spring festival and would love to waste some time on this.

Thanks!

Jordy on
  • Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    holy shit I forgot how much experience the gnoll fang quest in halas gives

Vladimer on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Vladimer wrote: »

Man, I haven't found a single Gnoll Fang despite killing about 50 of them.

Xaquin on
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Brian wrote: »
    Don't worry about gear for the most part, don't worry about saving up cash in the start. Only level. The cash and gear flows in the higher levels.

honestly, cash seems to be flowing fairly well at the low-mid teens. i might even try crafting :?

Feldorn on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Vladimer wrote: »

Man, I haven't found a single Gnoll Fang despite killing about 50 of them.

they seem to flow like water for me in blackburrow

seriously, I average an orange per turn in. How is that fair?! haha. oh well, not going to complain since EFP is a cruel mistress.

On a plus note, I've started to manage killing the Vengeful Skeleton Crew. Sweet, sweet justice.

Bastards.

Vladimer on
  • Options
    krylon666krylon666 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    For the people who are still working with lower level characters, what are your names? I guess I should just get one of my chars in the guild eventhough I still haven't decided on what to play. I remade my Dwarf Paladin Faustas and was reminded how annoying it is to get to the paladin guild in Kaladim... but you get a lot of xp for the bone chip quest!

How annoying is it to play an evil race? Is it only your race that makes you KoS, or class too? I feel like you could be a gnome necro and nobody really cares.

krylon666 on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    krylon666 wrote: »
    For the people who are still working with lower level characters, what are your names? I guess I should just get one of my chars in the guild eventhough I still haven't decided on what to play. I remade my Dwarf Paladin Faustas and was reminded how annoying it is to get to the paladin guild in Kaladim... but you get a lot of xp for the bone chip quest!

How annoying is it to play an evil race? Is it only your race that makes you KoS, or class too? I feel like you could be a gnome necro and nobody really cares.

From my limited experience playing, I know that evil Erudites are KoS to the paladins in the good Erudite city, though that might be due to religion or perhaps just something hardcoded for evil Erudites. I suspect that only strongly-good aligned factions will care if your class is evil.

jothki on
  • Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Deity plays a big role in determining your faction. A gnome necro will have to worship Bertox, so he'll be unpopular with the goodies, in spite of being a neutral/good race. I'm not even sure if class directly affects your factions at all. Although I seem to remember Freeport merchants not liking rogues.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yeah I remember it being a pain in the ass trying to do anything in Kelethin on my Gnome Necro when I was powerleveling it, so much so in fact that I killed everyone in the town with my shaman as revenge. (NPC's that is) except of course for NPC's such as the class trainers who could solo every raid boss in game with ease.. at once... through all the expansions.

Haha this thread reminds me of the first time I solo'd Priest of Discord with my shaman the legit way (IE Not using the wall trick of Freeport or the elevator pathing bug of Kelethin). In fact the first one I solo'd was in Kaladim, odd for all those dwarves running in and out of the city to see a tiny ogre tanking the priest of discord with his giant wolf pet (<3 shrink / grow spells). I then attempted to solo the one in Rivervale ( I had a thing about soloing hard mobs in KoS cities on my shaman...) but some prick kept training rivervale guards onto me.

Man you pricks make me really want to try this out again, but I don't have any EQ discs anymore and pretty much have no money to spend on it, being unemployed atm. :\

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    MyCoCoMyCoCo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Being an evil race is a real drag at times (but I refuse to play anything else, Trolls 4 life yo).

It wasn't too bad first time round since I had a shaman and could bind/sow/invis myself pretty much anywhere but god damn I know why limited people are playing melee characters on this server, I always arrive late to the party on my warrior.

MyCoCo on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah I moved to shaman after my SK because I realized I needed a twink melee.

My only gripe is I wish my shaman was Iksar. Only going to make my SK if it can be Iksar. Favorite race ever.

Vladimer on
  • Options
    pdxaaronpdxaaron Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Back in the original, as a Troll I was able to turn in deathfist belts from the ec orc's to the guard for freeport faction and was able to get up to indifferent with most of the freeport factions with about 20 or 30 of them. The trick was to get a druid to cast wolf form on you and you would them go from KOS to dubious to the guard you turned them into and could get started. Does anyone know if the deathfist belt quest still works?

pdxaaron on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    it should, aaron.

on an unrelated note, i want to go into befallen some time and camp the thaumaturgist with my necro, 18 atm, so i probably could solo it all right now, and was wondering if anyone else would want to go with me? I'm after the dagger of marnek, a nec only, 3 int 15 mana primary/secondary/range item that would be awesome for meh.

as a necro, i have invis, so being evil hasn't been too annoying yet. as a melee toon, it would be a different story.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    yeah the wolf form -> Df turn in works on this server. they just recently fixed wolf form factions

Vladimer on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Will EQ:Evolution work with this

I have that from forever ago when I played with Skayel and a few others

Lolcorpses.jpg

offffff into the distance

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    only EQ: Titanium really works without any problems

Vladimer on
  • Options
    descoladadescolada Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    This is dangerous. I had over 220 days played on my monk, and I killed a lot of time in the old world. The thought of maybe having another chance to pull Hate...

Yea I'm level 4 after a few hours last night.

descolada on
  • Options
    fanaxfanax Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Really excited to see how this works out, hopefully I will be able to remember all the old world intricacies from when I played the original. Just started up a rogue (by the name of Virax) the other night and got to level 3. Will try to pester a guild invite out of someone soon here.

fanax on
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I have to tell you guys, there are quite a number of lurkers in the guild. It's surprising!

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'd be in if I could ever get the heck out of Halas

I made it to BB entrance, and got ruined by a vengeful composer

twice

makes for a long run

Xaquin on
  • Options
    descoladadescolada Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I can't wait till I get sneak and FD. I had so much fun sneaking deep into zones with those two abilities. Even if everything cons red and I'm risking a horrible CR, I could do that all day long.

descolada on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I'd be in if I could ever get the heck out of Halas

I made it to BB entrance, and got ruined by a vengeful composer

twice

makes for a long run

I could help you to qeynos. I actually have SoW now!

Vladimer on
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Who the hell was it that I ported out of Everfrost last night?

Anyway I'm bound up that way for the foreseeable future (damn you baking!) so if you need a ride out of that frozen hellhole send a /tell to Indasha.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    nayracnayrac Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Of all the threads this is the one that forces me to make an account.

I love this server. It's like I'm mainlining nostalgia.

Nayrac lvl 3 monk (so far)

nayrac on
    Solar Hoops - For sale on XBLIG!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Who the hell was it that I ported out of Everfrost last night?

Anyway I'm bound up that way for the foreseeable future (damn you baking!) so if you need a ride out of that frozen hellhole send a /tell to Indasha.

awesome, thank you

edit: I'll be on tomorrow night

Xaquin on
  • Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Fandyien wrote: »
    Will EQ:Evolution work with this

I have that from forever ago when I played with Skayel and a few others

<snip>

offffff into the distance

Mannn I remember playing with a "Fandyien" on Bertoxxulous. He was a High Elf Enchanter (I think). Quite good at his job, but I'm guessing no relation?

VeritasVR on
    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    nayrac wrote: »

Hah, good to have you on the server, and welcome to the forums!

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    with all these rogues rolling... i'm starting to think i should create a different twink... but nah.

and not like i'm going to play him much. gotta level the necro first.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I have a 8 monk and an 8 sk that I need to get in the guild. The problem is the monk is in Qeynos and the SK is near Guk. That same zone invite thing is kind of annoying, but I'll send some tells when I get on tonight.

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I can perform in a group and write a paper at the same time. Thanks, EQ.

Also Brian is a saint.

Vladimer on
  • Options
    TaterskinTaterskin Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I have a 7 Shaman named Gulth in Nektulos Forest now. I would be 8, but some mage and necro took my camp today. Ill periodically check for people this week for an invite.

Taterskin on
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    One thing that was nice about EQ was that there wasn't really a "set" leveling path. I mean there were popular zones for sure, but it's not like many modern MMOs where you level by going a->b->c->d etc.

EQ was much more of a "can I kill things here, and do they give experience?". If yes, stay, if no, move one and look somewhere else. It kind of inspired people to explore and look for a nice quite place to solo (well druids, mages, and necro's anyway..). I guess if you were melee you pretty much always went to the hot spots, in hopes of finding a group.

I loved I think it was south karana. The aviaks, the tesch gnolls, and that dungeon that nobody EVER went past the doors...except me and my friends ALWAYS went past the doors :p

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    TaterskinTaterskin Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    This is how I ended up in Nektulos. Couldn't find enough mobs to kill in the swamp to give experience. The mobs in S Ro where too tough. I suppose I coulda tried Feerott, but wanted to try for a group in EC orc camp. No groups there so I looked for mobs to kill close to a zoneline in case I got into trouble.

Taterskin on
  • Options
    MyCoCoMyCoCo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    No idea if Gildiss is a PA forumite or an irl friend of someone but that guy was a lifesaver and Father Christmas all in one yesterday, praise that dude.

MyCoCo on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Almost level 5!

did this always take so long?

=)

Xaquin on
  • Options
    nayracnayrac Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The Sneak! wrote: »
    nayrac wrote: »

Hah, good to have you on the server, and welcome to the forums!

Thanks. I look forward to punching fippy.

nayrac on
    Solar Hoops - For sale on XBLIG!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    MyCoCo wrote: »
    No idea if Gildiss is a PA forumite or an irl friend of someone but that guy was a lifesaver and Father Christmas all in one yesterday, praise that dude.

Gildiss = Brian.

i saw him on last night.

no groups looking in uguk so i mosey'd over to najena after i saw a group looking. with a mage, 2 necro, druid we were killing yellow terrors and red skellies for 2-3% xp a go. let me say, we didn't kill too much but i still got 50% of a level quick.

also, <3 FD, saved me like, 3 deaths. moral of the story, get a 4-5 person party and go kill shit in najena for mad xp, you should need to go too far, be careful of overlage pull wrecking your shit though.

Feldorn on
This discussion has been closed.