As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DND 4e] Monster Taming

MindstormyMindstormy Registered User new member
edited January 2010 in Critical Failures
I am trying to find the specific rules that go with taming a monster. Here is a little background on this complicated situation our group has fallen into. My character is a Genasi Sword Mage, I have multiple elemental manifestations, but my main one is fire. I am trying to tame a Fire Bat. My DM is iffy about allowing me to do this but might with some good rolls because I was born on the elemental plane of fire and the bat is sorta an elemental. Can anyone point me in the right direction to figure this out?

Mindstormy on

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I don't know what sort of rolls he'll want you to do for this sort of thing, but I can point you toward the Familiar system in Arcane Power as a model.

You're already an Arcane class, so you can take the Arcane Familiar feat and you and your DM can come up with active and passive benefits for a Fire Bat familiar.

What level are you? Perhaps the feat can be the next feat you take.

Rius on
  • Options
    MindstormyMindstormy Registered User new member
    edited January 2010
    I just leveled to 16, my plans for this thing are to at some point enlarge it to large and use it as a mount. In our setting (ptolus) i can do this via the dreaming apothecary.

Mindstormy on
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Suggest to the DM that taking the Ranger multi-class feat for the beast-master build would be enough to let the fire bat be a companion for you.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition